ClubAdventist is back!

The Devil's Own

Clio

I found this article to be intriguing... in that it does not originate from an SDA source... yet echoes, chillingly, some thoughts I've been discussing with the Holy Spirit and Jesus...

Is always interesting when one of the two witnesses shows up... then I wait... wonder who the second witness is gonna be....

Clio

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Devil's own?

Posted: May 9, 2005

1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

It is more than a little ironic, I think, that the North Carolina minister forced almost 50 people to leave his church for the newly discovered sin of failing to support George Bush.

As one former member of East Waynesville Baptist Church was reported as saying: "... if we didn't support George Bush, we needed to resign our position and get out, or go to the altar and repent, and support George Bush."

The minister, Chan Chandler, insists that he is acting according to God's Word. However, despite searching the King James, the New International Version and the American Standard Bibles – not to mention running various letter sequences through the Bible Code – I was unable to find the verse that said "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the President George Bush, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

I did, however, run across Jesus Christ's parable of the tree and its fruit in the book of Matthew, warning of false prophets, wolves dressed as sheep. And I wondered: Who might these false prophets be? Who are the false Christs working evil, deceiving even the elect as they bring about the dominion of the last and greatest antichrist?

Then I considered the following description of the RealID plan:

Starting three years from now, if you live or work in the United States, you'll need a federally approved ID card to travel on an airplane, open a bank account, collect Social Security payments, or take advantage of nearly any government service.

This sounds more than a little remniscent of words written on the isle of Patmos almost 2,000 years ago: "He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark ..." That's a rather impressive forecast, especially if you consider how far off the best science fiction writers of the Golden Age were from accurately portraying a reality only 50 years after their time. But then, I suppose one could argue that divine inspiration is a form of cheating.

It is true that even in latter-day America, which is already 40 percent government-owned, it will still be theoretically possible to do some buying or selling after our Republican House, Senate and president impose this RealID monstrosity on us. After all, who has a bank account, travels on airplanes or pays income taxes, right? And no doubt some bright Three Monkey Republican will be quick to point out that an ID card containing digital information is not the same thing as a mark on your body.

Not yet, anyway.

Homeland Security is permitted to add additional requirements – such as a fingerprint or retinal scan – on top of those. We won't know for a while what these additional requirements will be.

It will be a delicious surprise to almost everyone except me, I think, when the Department of Vaterland Security informs a surprised American people in a few years that due to the theft of RealID cards by suspected Islamic terrorists, it has determined that the most effective way to ensure security of the RealID system is to implant miniaturized RealIDs into the card-owner's body. This will be mandatory, of course, because otherwise it will be impossible to protect America from the imminent threat of destruction by people paying cash for their Cheerios at the supermarket.

I realize that many Christians believe George Bush is a godly man, that he has been selected by a higher power for a special mission at a critical time in this country's history. Nor do I deny that this may well be so. But the vital question is to discover which god he serves – God, the Father of Jesus Christ, or the god that Jesus Christ described as the prince of this world.

For it is written that many will be deceived, and it is impossible to argue against the fact that this president, like his father before him, is dedicated to expanding the size and scope of government, to sustaining and supporting the legitimacy of the United Nations, and to building a new world order on the ashes of American sovereignty.

No man can judge another man's heart or his soul. That is for God alone. But we can, as Jesus Christ told us, know the tree from its fruit. And while I did not believe the president's qualified claims to being a conservative during his 2000 campaign, I saw no reason to doubt his religious faith.

Now, after five years of a presidency that has conclusively proven George Bush is no conservative, I am beginning to wonder if his claims of sharing a faith with the Christians of America might not be dubious as well.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44174

A heart where He alone has first place.

Excellent article, Clio. Thank you for posting that. Expect some opposition on this board when it is discovered by die-hard Bush supporters, and expect the form of opposition to be particularly rude and nasty and with all the obligatory dragon's breath in it (the accusatory tone, the distortion mirror held up for your reflection, etc. etc. ad nauseum)

Keep up the good fight and of course, never bow down to the Beast.

Nico

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot

Quote:

But we can, as Jesus Christ told us, know the tree from its fruit.

[:"red"] ""But while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed tares [Or darnel, a weed resembling wheat] among the wheat, and went away." [/]Matthew 13:25 NASB

[:"red"] "Let them grow together until the harvest; and at harvest time I will say to the reapers, Gather the darnel first and bind it in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my granary." [/] Matt 13:30 AMP

[:"red"] " ...Blessed be the name of God forever and ever! He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and sets up kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding!" [/]

DOVE.gif Daniel 2:20,21 AMP

Lift Jesus up!!

You are so right LHC, Abba Father does place and displace kings and rulers. No doubt about it.

But just like with Pharoah... that doesn't mean there are there because they are men of Abba, but so that their hearts may be hardened and Abba's Glory be proclaimed in all the earth.

Clio

Quote:

**that doesn't mean there are there because they are men of Abba, >>so that their hearts may be hardened and Abba's Glory be proclaimed in all the earth.

Clio

Re: ** My understanding exactly.

Re: >> I'm of the opinion that as opposed to "so their heart may be hardened", placing God in the position of, 'Who can defeat His will?, God had foreknowledge of what pharoah's reaction would be and permitted the circumstances to develop which would reveal to all onlookers there was no heart's desire on pharoah's part to give place or glory to the King of glory.

Blessings!

Lift Jesus up!!

Well yes... but I was in a hurry and you said it better and I knew you'd know what I meant...

LOL!

Just another indicator of the upward trend to turn to the occult instead of Abba Father.... It is one trend I watch... how many forms of false worship are there, and how many are converging into a loosely associated gathering of anti-Abba Father beliefs... with the attendant governing body's tacit approval.

Witches return to German forests

Walther Rosenberger | Berlin

12 May 2005 08:02

Witches have returned to the German forests, dancing naked in groups under the full moon and calling to their gods.

The covens vary in size and in how seriously they take their calling, but the numbers are rising, particularly amongst the young.

Their religious ideas are described as "pagan" rather than Satanist, and many of the older practitioners have a history in the environmental movement, where they learnt a passionate love of nature.

In some cases this has led on to a belief in the natural powers of the forests. The women are convinced they can work magic.

"The witches' scene is experiencing a powerful revival," says Lutheran theologian Hansjoerg Hemminger. He says the covens range from "girlie witches" to the so-called "Wicca" covens. Wicca is an old Anglo-Saxon term for a group of witches.

Christian theologians are inclined to see the latter as a manifestation of a new heathen movement. The women tend to be members of associations like the Pagan Federation or the Stone Circle.

Maddalina, a 44-year-old witch, is high priestess of a witches' coven in Berlin, who became interested in Wicca about 15 years ago.

The former doctor's assistant, who declines to provide her real name, says she began looking around for women with similar interests.

"Today you are just a mouse-click away from making contact," she says, and she estimates that the number of witches has quadrupled in her time as a witch.

Conceding she is uncertain, she guesses there are several hundred Wiccans in Germany.

Maddalina is scornful of the teenagers interested in the witch cults. She gets e-mails daily from 13- and 14-year-olds, almost all of which she rebuffs.

Her own coven numbers just eight and the youngest trainee witch is 25 years old.

Most of the teenagers interested in witchcraft gain their information from the media, the internet or from books. Television series on witchcraft are currently popular in Germany.

These sources offer love potions aimed at curing shyness, or magical formulas spoken in the light of the moon to help with schoolwork.

Hemminger insists that these methods are never solutions to real problems.

But Maddalina is true to her beliefs. "We are heathens and believe in the power of magic," she says.

She and her coven go into the woods around Berlin several times a year to stand naked in a circle and call to Baldur, the god of light.

Their requests are of a banal sort; wishes for a better job, a new flat with a balcony, for good health.

By contrast with the teenage witches, the Wicca covens tend to be older women with a background in the women's movement.

Most commentators do not believe the groups have any links to Satanism and black magic. But Hemminger sounds a note of warning.

"Some of these circles operate in complete secrecy. We really don't know what they are up to," he says.

In general he regards the Wicca covens as a means to overcome personal crises that only cause concern once the cult begins to take over a person's life.

Maddalina insists her coven's activities are harmless. "We are not hurting anyone," she says.

And the Berlin forest authorities are taking a similar view, allowing the witches to dance under the moon.

http://www.mg.co.za/articlePage.aspx?art...national_news/#

[:"blue"] and so the armies are beginning to alighn and converge and become public...... *sigh*

"Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near." Luke 21:28 ( NKJV)

Uniloc DOVE.gif [/]

Quote:

[:"blue"] and so the armies are beginning to alighn and converge and become public...... *sigh*

"Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near." Luke 21:28 ( NKJV)

Uniloc
DOVE.gif
[/]

An important thing for disciples of Christ to remember, [:"red"] "When you go out to fight your enemies and you face horses and chariots and an army greater than your own, do not be afraid. The LORD your God, who brought you safely out of Egypt, is with you!.... Do not be afraid as you go out to fight today! Do not lose heart or panic. For the LORD your God is going with you! He will fight for you against your enemies, and he will give you victory" [/] Deuteronomy 20:1-4 NLT

[:"red"] " Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. " [/] James 4:7 NKJV

DOVE.gif

Lift Jesus up!!

the church is about Jesus

Clinton was put in place by GOD ALMIGHTY for 8 years

Bush maybe for 8

But JESUS is for eternity

That minister doesnt look beyond this dark earth(his home?) and he doesnt recognize peoples own God given preferences in the political arena

Thats his litmus test for real christians?

I feel bad for that minister's congragation that stayed.

All progress in the Spiritual Life is knowing and Loving GOD

"there is non upon earth that I desire besides YOU" PS 73:25

That perspective changes EVERYTHING-suffering and adversity are the means that makes us hungry for GOD. Disapointments will wean us away wordly occupations. Even sin(when repented of) becomes a mechanism to push us closer to HIM as we experience His Love and Forgiveness.