ClubAdventist is back!

Judith Shulevitz: A Four Step Program to Sunday Enforcement

Kountzer

Has anyone read The Sabbath World by Judith Shulevitz? I've been hearing and reading snippets by and about this author for the last few years, since the book came out in 2010. The sabbath she is advocating is Sunday, not the seventh day sabbath.

If you listen closely to what she says in various video clips she can clearly be seen as a forerunner for a national sunday law. Here is a link that examples what I am referring to:

http://youtu.be/O3toqNbrTC4

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

Quote:
The sabbath she is advocating is Sunday, not the seventh day sabbath.

I find it interesting that people are constantly trying to change the definition of a word. All of the originations of the word have to do with day seven. Why would people want to get away from the Jewish origins of the word but still use it! If someone is going to call sunday the sabbath they have already invalidated their position. Come up with another name! But then again, within SDA circles there is often 'redefining' of words to suite ones current position.

Question: Will people be forced to attend church on Sunday, or just have a day off from work? How does this play out as far as what actually is supposed to happen, or be enforced on Sundays?

Thank you for your replies.

• Members

Personally in my opinion it will be enforced. I believe to start, as it looks they are trying to do in Europe is just have a day off. Which is what God intended from the beginning when he made the Sabbath for man.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

pkrause,

Thank you for your response. Will everyone be forced to attend a church at some point? That seems like a huge endeavor to provide places for 7 billion people to attend. Also, it seems that it would take a large amount of manpower to make sure people are in attendance every week. The logistics of this just seems a bit too much to accomplish. Like herding cats!

• Members

Not sure if people will be required to attend, but it would seem that will be the case. You make a good point though, were will they all go? I believe it will be more of making sure that those that worship on Sabbath, will not be allowed to enter there house of worship as in the past, and in some countries today throughout the world.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

It is not so much about establishing Sunday. It's about eradicating the Law of God. A key part of the law of God is the seventh day sabbath.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

• Members

It is not so much about establishing Sunday. It's about eradicating the Law of God. A key part of the law of God is the seventh day sabbath.

:like:

phkrause

The efforts to define sunday as the continuation and enrichment of the Sabbath fails this major test. Regretfully, they fail to explain how the biblical symbolic significance of the seventh-day can be transferred to the first day without destroying the symbol itself.

Was that what you were thinking, CoAsp?

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."