ClubAdventist is back!

Shane & Neil

Stan

Am putting this out here so i do not have to respond privately to those pleading..

Please stay OUT of this forum for 30 days (not the whole forum only this one) and refrain from talking politics for same.

Appreciate you both, BUT the conversations are going down hill, and too predictable..

P L E A S E???

Thanks

Stan

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Wow, Stan, why is this a request? You're the boss - put some teeth into it and don't make it an option by asking 'please'.

thumbsup.gif

It seems you know little of how to manage people. People respond better to a request than to a heavy handed demand. By your remark I would not want you as my boss.

riverside.gif Riverside CA

Good point, cyberguy.

However, when a boss asks people to do something, it infers that it is an option, and the request may not be carried out in a timely fashion.

I have worked in shops where a lead person has asked me to do something, and because it was not communicated as a directive, has caused me trouble.

There are ways to direct people to perform and follow orders that leaves them with their dignity intact. I have seen it demonstrated toward me and have done so toward others.

Leadership leaves no doubt as to directives... orders can be tactfully and respectfully communicated, and subordinates have no confusion regarding their task. Wishy-washy leadership is never respected as authoritative (not authoritarian - big difference) by subordinates.

Another way to look at it is that some people on here are like bickering children. When dealing with such, as a parent, if you ask them to correct their behavior that is taken as an option, rather than corrective discipline which must be obeyed.

After all, The 10 Commandments are not The 10 Requests or The 10 Options, are they?

Thanks for your concern and blessings to you...

Quote:

Another way to look at it is that some people on here are like bickering children. When dealing with such, as a parent, if you ask them to correct their behavior that is taken as an option, rather than corrective discipline which must be obeyed.

If you infer by this statement that Neil and Shane were like children I disagree. Sure they disagreed but there is another element here.

Quote:

Am putting this out here so i do not have to respond privately to those pleading..

It seems as if People are complaining.

It would seem to me as if we have outside influence here trying to influence forum policies more than just too strong minded individuals disagreeing. If this is allowed these people will do this again and again. It gives them a sense of power to influence Forum policy by complaining and seeing the Forum bow to their wishes.

I saw no name calling here. Just a disagreement. One will find that religion and politics are the two hottest topics on this forum. With the GC session coming up I have no doubt there will be more hot disagreements. Are we to start censoring the discussion OR ask people to bow out of the discussion when people start complaining to Stan because they do not like people being critical of the churches decisions at the GC session?

It is my position that I do not like people trying to influence forum discussion by writing to Stan not because of personal attacks but because of their own political or religious beliefs.

riverside.gif Riverside CA

Quote:

It would seem to me as if we have outside influence here trying to influence forum policies...

Ohmigoodness! Its a conspiracy! Who could it be?!

shocked.giflaugh.giftongue.gifconfused.gifcool.gif