ClubAdventist is back!

The best audio Bible available?

doctortechie

Does anyone know who does the best spoken-word audio Bible on the market? I just bought the New Testament (KJV) as read by James Earl Jones in iTunes. It was not very good. Very much had a very stilted feel to it. I would like to buy one online so that I can upload the music to my iPod.

Anyone have any suggestions?

"Never mistake motion for action." - Ernest Hemingway

• Moderators

The one I have liked through the years is the one read by Alexander Scourby. It is a straight reading of the King James Version with no background music at all.

I am not sure where you could buy it online. I bought my last copy at Wal-Mart here in the U.S. for about US $50. It's a set of CD's, which could be converted to other formats I am sure.

James Brenneman

Ok, thanks. I found the link to WalMart

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=1990277 I found the link to WalMart. The background music with the James Earl Jones voice-over was a bit distracting. It would be nice if I could get a sample of the voice. I'm a bit picky.

"Never mistake motion for action." - Ernest Hemingway

I had a fellow at the local SDA bookstore recommend one in particular to me, but it was a few months ago and I cannot remember which one it was. It was on cassette though, rather than CD, I think. I'll check and see next time I stop by there. I would like to get a good audio Bible myself ... I remember it was pretty pricey though (which is why I did not buy it at that time).

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot