ClubAdventist is back!

why is it...

rudywoofs (Pam)

Originally Posted By: Gordon1

"Society is composed of families, and is what the heads of families make it...

the heart of the community, of the church, and of the nation, is the household."

Ministry of Healing 349.

Salient.
Those who would redefine the family, and "heads" might consider this quote as Salient Green.

Quote:
God speaks to the conscience (until it is completely seared).

Thank you!

So God through His H*S can speak to us and guide us today, correct?

But God would never 'tell' a women she can be a leader of or part of the ministry to the church in the same way any man could be?

Is that a correct assumption on my part of your theology?

that no one wanted to comment on this:

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
We women must remember that God has placed us subject to the husband. He is the head and our judgment and views and reasonings must agree with his if possible. If not, the preference in God’s Word is given to the husband where it is not a matter of conscience. We must yield to the head.—Letter 5, 1861. {2BIO 431.5}

I guess it's easier to ignore what doesn't "fit" one's opinions...

If this is Ellen White's quote and not from the Bible then it means nothing at all.

If this is Ellen White's quote and not from the Bible then it means nothing at all.

Unless it is the Holy Spirit speaking thru her to reaffirm God's Biblically stated design.

• Members

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
We women must remember that God has placed us subject to the husband. He is the head and our judgment and views and reasonings must agree with his if possible. If not, the preference in God’s Word is given to the husband where it is not a matter of conscience. We must yield to the head.—Letter 5, 1861. {2BIO 431.5}

that's an odd thing to write...imho, this quote points directly at the Bible...which is how EGW said we should ultimately test her writings...

Special note to OW: plagiarism still isn't nice...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

Originally Posted By: Woody
CoA - if it's anything like what she wrote about regarding vegetarianism - she didn't practice it.

So....what exactly are you trying to say regarding the things EGW wrote?

Did she mean:

A. "Do as I say/write, but not as I do" (not very ethical)

B. "It's okay not to do what I say/write, because I don't do it either." (why bother to write anything at all, then?)

C. "I don't believe in what I say/write, so you don't have to either." (combination of A and B)

D. None of the above.

It's quite comical to see the backpedaling going on when one finds evidence that goes against one's pet issues...especially when the evidence comes from the very source held up as the symbol for proof..

Really, I'm not trying to be "picky"... I only proffered the quote because it seemed so straightforward..

Excellent post Pam, excellent. I guess as long as she writes what we like its OK, but if not we don't really have to follow her advice, or she really meant something else.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

that's an odd thing to write...imho, this quote points directly at the Bible...which is how EGW said we should ultimately test her writings...

The facts are that any decision should not be based on anything EGW said or wrote, but only on what is in the Bible, so she should not even be used as any kind of reference.

Special Note to RW: Using EGW as a reference, except to things pertinent to her, still isn't nice or meaningful to most people.

The facts are that any decision should be based on anything EGW said or wrote, but only on what is in the Bible, so she should not even be used as any kind of reference.

• Members

Originally Posted By: rudywoofs

The facts are that any decision should be based on anything EGW said or wrote, but only on what is in the Bible, so she should not even be used as any kind of reference.

Should you drive a car?

Should you watch TV?

Should you recite other people's poetry and pass if off as your own?

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

OK RW, I am not going to get into an argument since you have proven that you only wish to be personal. Not very Christian sweetie!!!!!

BTW, one's argument is not very strong when one has the need to make the disagreement personal.

I am having to assume that plagarism is ok with you as long as it is by a published authur like EGW.

Quote:
There is but one role that the Bible forbids of women and that is found in the numerous Bible texts

Oh yes, much has been written on the subject, but often people use words in such a way as to say..."I didn't say that". I think questions can be answered in a few short words.

So I will presume that your interpretation of the Bible excludes women from the Pastoral ministry and leadership with in the church. I only wish all would be rather more forthright in their answers. I can leave you to have your opinion and would hope that you can allow others the same....I think that would include not 'doubting' a persons relationship with God. All to often that is where many of the remarks go on this issue, not so subtly.

Thanks

• Members

OK RW, I am not going to get into an argument since you have proven that you only wish to be personal. Not very Christian sweetie!!!!!

BTW, one's argument is not very strong when one has the need to make the disagreement personal.

I am having to assume that plagarism is ok with you as long as it is by a published authur like EGW.

So you feel that EGW was a plagiarist, and for that reason her work should be ignored?

Exactly, how do you feel about plagiarism? Should the plagiarist be exposed?

I never said that EGW's work should be excluded because of any plagarism, though she was. In fact, I never said that she should be ignored completely at all. What I said is that she should not be used to prove any point when one is asking for proof froim the Bible. She was, after all, only a human.

Next time, try no to ASSume as you did.

• Members

I never said that EGW's work should be excluded because of any plagarism, though she was. In fact, I never said that she should be ignored completely at all. What I said is that she should not be used to prove any point when one is asking for proof froim the Bible. She was, after all, only a human.

I seldom assume anything. In addition, I spell the word "assume" properly, without making obvious slurs on an individual.

I didn't see anywhere in this thread that anyone was asking for specific BIBLICAL proof.

You're getting rather testy. Why is that?

• Members

Originally Posted By: ow
What I said is that she should not be used to prove any point when one is asking for proof froim the Bible.

eh...an Ellen White quote is never from the Bible...she wasn't alive during either Old Testament times, nor in New Testament times. Unless, of course, she was the "esteemed lady"...

again, why so testy?

Quote:
...I see as clear Biblical truth in order to try to correct that erroneous opinion....

And that is the problem, is it not? Can we be too quick? Are we better able to correct 'error' than the H*S? Something for all of us to think about. (No answer needed)

She was, after all, only a human.

As opposed to the Bible writers?

Ancient Aliens, perhaps...

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Salient. Those who would redefine the family, and "heads" might consider this quote as Salient Green.

bwink

What do you call something with two heads?

A MONSTER.

God knows what He is doing.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Administrators

I do believe the issue of plagiarism was settled in court years ago by very learned individuals. Certainly she was human, but inspired. That being said, she like most of us made statements and was quoted to have said some things that were not of divine inspiration.

peace

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Administrators

What do you call something with two heads?

A MONSTER.

God knows what He is doing.

thinking:like:

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God