ClubAdventist is back!

Former Network Producer: 'I'm Done' Denying Liberal Bias in The Media

Former Network Producer: 'I'm Done' Denying Liberal Bias in The Media

Andrea Mitchell caught using edited video to make Romney appear out of touch.

On Saturday, Newsbusters' Tim Graham reported that blogger and Catholic deacon Greg Kandra, who last worked at NBC for Katie Couric, says he's no longer defending the so-called mainstream media from charges of liberal bias.

"I’m tired," Kandra wrote. "Truly. I’ve grown weary of trying to defend the indefensible and explain the inexplicable. For years, people have stomped their feet and pounded their fists and snorted 'Liberal media bias!' and I’ve always tut-tutted and shooshed them and said, 'No, no. Calm down. They meant well. It was just a misunderstanding. A mistake. These things happen.' I spent over 25 years working in the oft-reviled Mainstream Media and I saw up close and personal how the sausage was made. I knew the people who wielded the knives and wore the aprons, and could vouch (most of the time, anyway) for their good intentions," he added.

But after NBC's Andrea Mitchell was caught using edited video to make Mitt Romney look out of touch, Kandra decided he was finished defending what we call the "Democrat-media complex."

"Forget it. I’m done," he wrote, adding:

"You deserve what they’re saying about you. It’s earned. You have worked long and hard to merit the suspicion, acrimony, mistrust and revulsion that the media-buying public increasingly heaps upon you. You have successfully eroded any confidence, dispelled any trust, and driven your audience into the arms of the Internet and the blogosphere, where biases are affirmed and like-minded people can tell each other what they hold to be true, since nobody believes in objective reality any more. You have done a superlative job of diminishing what was once a great profession and undermining one of the vital underpinnings of democracy, a free press."

He concluded by asking NBC: "What the h**l is wrong with you guys?"

Mitchell's use of edited video was not a first for the network. In April, Martin Bashir used edited video to make Romney look like he was dodging a question on his religious faith, and Ed Schultz used edited video to make Texas Governor Rick Perry appear racist.

NBC was also caught using edited versions of a 911 call made by George Zimmerman, the Hispanic neighborhood watch volunteer now on trial for the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

Last July, a poll released by The Hill found that 68 percent of voters found the news media biased, while 57 percent perceive the media as being "either somewhat or very unethical."

Last June MSNBC's Chris Matthews said he hates objective journalism when it comes to the issue of global warming, or climate change.

"I hate that so-called evenhanded, so-called objective journalism. You know, you know, you can’t say something isn’t true if it’s true in the interest of even-handedness," he told Rolling Stone's Eric Bates.

Last November, Matthews admitted a liberal bias in the news media.

Recently, Newsbusters' Noel Sheppard wrote that "since Romney has become the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, virtually every hour of MSNBC broadcasting includes someone making deplorable comments about the former Massachusetts governor and his family."

No doubt, those who get their news from major media outlets like NBC will be treated to much more of the same biased coverage between now and the November elections.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman