He knew He was alone!

He needed Somebody!

HE EVEN HAD GOD!

and that wasnt enough?

God Gave Adam a person to interact with

EVE!

and wahoooooo!

and still that wasnt enough!

GOD GAVE MEN A DEEP CORE DESIRE TO BOND with other Males!

i see it everywhere!

MEN FISHING TOGETHER

MEN HUNTING TOGETHER

PLAYING POKER

DRINKING

MEN PLAYING BALL

MEN CAMPING

MEN'S RETREAT!

MINISTRY

PRAYER BREAKFASTS

MEN CHASING THE PRETTY LADIES TOGETHER

WINGMAN

PARTNERS IN CRIME

GETAWAY DRIVER

MEN JUST HANGING OUT INFRONT OF A TACO TRUCK

AFTER WORK

POOL

MEN BEING MEN TOGETHER!

JESUS HAD 12 DISCIPLES NOT ONLY

TO USHER IN A WHOLE NEW WORLD

BUT TO BE TOGETHER

SLEEPING EATING WALKING LEARNING TALKING LISTENING

together!

PAUL AND SILAS

BARNABAS AND PAUL

BARNABUS AND MARK

PAUL AND SILAS

and he sent them out two by two

mark 6:7

Calling the Twelve to him, he sent them out two by two and gave them authority over evil spirits.

i see it the bible

GODS SUGGESTIONS?

NO

ITS RIGHT UP THERE WITH THE sacredness of marriage

u adam in a perfect state in a perfect world

needed relationship

with GOD

and others!

u see lone ranger christians here?

RUN FOREST RUN!

or tell me about your transparent connected support system of the same gender THAT REALLY FREAKIN KNOW U

MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All progress in the Spiritual Life is knowing and Loving GOD

"there is non upon earth that I desire besides YOU" PS 73:25

That perspective changes EVERYTHING-suffering and adversity are the means that makes us hungry for GOD. Disapointments will wean us away wordly occupations. Even sin(when repented of) becomes a mechanism to push us closer to HIM as we experience His Love and Forgiveness.

Eden and male/female bonding, male bonding and female bonding. Interconnectedness, intimacy. Knowing and being known. Accepting and being accepted, warts and all.

But I think this is about male bonding, interconnectedness, intimacy. David and Jonathon had that. Their souls were knit together says the scripture.

Does the bonding help with the relationship with God?

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

• Administrators

Well said Dgrimm

thumbsup

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Members

Good points dgrimm thumbsup

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

OK

SO MUCH FOR MEN TALKING ABOUT MALE BONDING

THERE ARE SO MANY THREADS ADDRESSING

ROMANCE MARRIAGE

SACREDNESS

ECT

AND NOW ITS BROUGHT HERE

That perspective changes EVERYTHING-suffering and adversity are the means that makes us hungry for GOD. Disapointments will wean us away wordly occupations. Even sin(when repented of) becomes a mechanism to push us closer to HIM as we experience His Love and Forgiveness.

this is how it is between the men

no connection

no transparency

no real

bone on bone real men fellowship for healing and growth

its just as sacred as marriage

this place is not REAL where it counts

to the core:)

gbu all

Have you ever bonded as deeply with another man as David did with Jonathon?

Is there a need in men to deeply bond with other men?

Is there a need in women to bond deeply with other women?

I don't believe superficialities are what is being referred to. I have friends who I have deeply bonded with, sharing my innermost being with. I believe that is what PO is trying to discuss here.

men bonding with men....hmmmmmmm....

Ok, I'll bite....

HOW does bonding between men occur?

and while I'm at it, WHAT is concidered bonding?

and boy and girls...we are limiting this to MALE bonding...if'n you are desiring to talk about male/female bonding, go start yer own thread...please...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

There are no other men in my man cave. Just me.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I wonder if this could be a touchy subject? I think PO is hoping we can get past that to think about this issue, perhaps it is a need, in men (and by extension women).

(Yeah, I know I'm a woman, so am just trying to help the discussion along a bit...or perhaps the need to know and be known by other humans is universal)

The male/female bonding of husband and wife is special and not to be substituted with friend bonding.

God created Eve for the intimate friend bonding with Adam...but was it intended that both should have deep bonding with others, who of course would be their children, but as they became adults?

Do we settle for superficiality when we could go deeper? Is it scary to go deeper?

I think it is fear that keeps many men from really bonding with other men. I read in a men's ministry book that most men do not have close male friends. When asked who is there best friend is, many men name a high school friend they haven't seen in years. Many men are afraid to let others really know them. They are afraid to open up emotionally to another man and so they keep their male "friends" are arm-length.

That is not the case with me. I am a man's man. I love being with guys and doing all those things Parade Orange listed,,, and more. I am too sexually attracted to women so unless they are ugly, I just can't hang around them too much unless we are in a group setting. I could never go fishing with a woman or to a ballgame - just her and I - unless she was my wife. But another guy... Yes, let's go.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Good Points Shane.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

So, Redwood, you are not in a male bonding ...attitude?

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

I have lots of good male friends... but most of them are on the web. Still men who help me learn to be a better man, though.

Truth is important

• 1 month later...

lack of male bonding as safe place prevents men from healing

no growth

stagnet

Ok, PO.....

since no one is willing to answer this, I will ask you....

How do men bond?

is it more than just doing stuff together?

Is it more than just hanging out in a man cave?

George Bernard Shaw

• Members

Excellent question Neil. For me an example of male bonding would be from the Bible! David and Jonathon for one. Probably others but can't think of them at the moment. I think I have an idea at where your going with this question for PO.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Some think the relationship of Jonathan and David as a homosexual relationship.

I do not know how true this is. It is easy to understand this way in this western(esp. American) culture. In Meddle Eastern countries and Far Eastern countries have different culture. When I was growing up in Korea boys walked down the streets holding hands together and no one thought about this was a gay relationship then. In such a condition, a strong male to male bond can occur.

I suspect, David and Jonathan case is nothing but an intimate male to male bonding without sexually involved. This is hard to understand for the Westerners, but I have no problem. Since I came to this country I have been very careful not to get too intimate with my fellow male friends lest I be accused of being a gay person which I am not.

Won

I have very close male friends and we talk about everything except we don't analyze our friendship. We just do friendship.

If we show up and want to be together and do stuff then "duh" we're friends. We don't need verbal assurance and explanations to feel confident in our friendship.

Having been to Korea, and taught in the English language schools there, I too saw the bonding between males, holding hands, and walking down the street arm in arm...

....aaannd, I am afraid that I will disagree with Cardw if by "doing stuff" together we adult males instantly become bonded friends...

This is my opinion, and I am kinda trying to think outside the box, .... but I tend to think that there are various levels of friendships...We have acquaintances, good acquaintances, friends, and then there is bonding....

Bonding is the equivalent of the "BFF", which the straight western American man does not reach..I haven't seen it in Canada so can't speak to it.. While we were young, up to teens/pre-teens, we were experiencing the concept of "BFF"......before girls and thier "coodies" came and infected us....[pun is intended]. We young boys played baseball because the guys were there and it was what we wanted to do...and be good at...we were hanging out together... we were BFFs....

When we grew up and our interests turned toward the women, we lost the art of BFF...plus we left home, and our SDA culture encourage us to start homes with our mates....but as for BFFs, it was never nurtured but rather assumed...

Currently, Most of the experiences that men do together, are under the guise of acquaintances...."We do something together and we like each other." It doesn't take into consideration that the activity is shallow [handing out literature for evangelism], or the likes and dislikes of the other men, nor preferences. It occurs to me that bonding takes place while organizing something in which guys do something playful with minor competition....It is not a picnic, however if there is a picnic and baseball, or football, then bonding can take place if allowed...But many times, the forces of business, of competion pushes to the forfront and the process of BFF is circumvented......

These are just thoughts that I am throwing out there....expand or cut it up or rearrange or tear it down accordingly....

George Bernard Shaw

Jonathon and david bonding exceedeed a love between a man and a woman

there is safety,accountability/ and joy in it

there is healing

to have reflection in the male image

most men are lone rangers and have no healing in their lives

just starts and stops and no continuity

God bless u all

I had a couple of really really close friends, we did everything together.... the thought of sex with each never once crossed my mind...

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

PO, is there a Bible reference for this description of the strength of the bond between David and Jonathan (greater than that between a man and a woman) or is it just your opinion?

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't really think you can compare relationships. They're just different.

And I think it's a mistake to assume that every guy needs some kind of emotional healing. I am sure that some do. The point is once you have emotional healing you don't need it anymore.

I like being with people, but I don't need people most of the time. I enjoy giving to others and supporting others and I find joy in being with others, but I also really like solitude. The reason is because most people, including myself, make up stories in their heads that create or worsen their problems. There is a lot of illusions going on. I'm sympathetic, but I know most of it is a waste of energy. I like having a break from that. I don't need continuity.

There are times where I need support when I'm feeling down, but I don't want to analyze it or have anyone else analyze it because it takes me out of the moment. Most of the time just stating what I'm feeling and having someone listen is all I need to shift. I like being self sufficient as much as possible. I think that is healthy. It is too much work to be co-dependent.

Being real to me is being in the moment with no strings. And that is how I am with my closest friends. It's easy and it feels light and there's no drama. I don't need or want any emotional contracts. I feel very happy when I stay in each moment.

• Members

Great post cardw

phkrause