ClubAdventist is back!

Men With Men

Parade Orange

To PO-

I tend to think your comment where men can have bonds closer than women...might be a bit overstating it...not to say that it isn't possible....I agree with cardw in that relationships, in one sense, are hard to compare to...And yes, they are diffinately different, everyone of them...because the people are unique and are different...but there are some commonalities...within cultures and from without..

RE: every guy needs some kind of emotional healing.

I am not saying that you are wrong in your statements regarding the emotional healing...I am sure you are correct when it comes to healing in general anyways...

How I tend to look at interpersonal relationships is more like food....And the philosophy that I have come to is that food is my medicine and my medicine is my food...If I eat too much, I get fat and I get sick from that fatness...and the lifestyle that goes with it...If I eat too little, I don't get enough, and am starving for food....I get thin, the electrolyte get abnormally low, and I suffer a heart-attack...And there are photo-nutrients that don't make it to our nutritional radar to get studied, due to minute but significant quantities to protect overall health..

And everyone is different in thier makeup...Some are introverts, and some are extroverts. There is no right or more right way to bond with other men...just so that they are getting enough of each other to function as whole men...and that they watch out for each other...

How do you feel about sharing feelings? with other men? How do you feel about talking about sexual subjects, like personal impotency, or, on a lighter note, just touching another man's arm in an assuring gesture? Most of these mores are from the western culture...where the john wayne manlyhood and code of the west stands out...but where men die alone...

I, quite frankly don't ever want to die alone....I say this because I think most men think this way, but done want to impign thier manhood....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

I have male friends that I am very close to. Most of them I would pretty much put my life on the line for so to speak. Of those close friends there are some that is just understood, and we don't talk about much other than hockey, music, hiking and stuff like that. But we are still tight. A couple others I can talk to about anything and everything. To the best of my knowledge there is no sexual attraction. But thats because none of us - again to the best of my knowledge - are attracted to men.

That said I have female friends that fit all of that as well. Also no sexual attraction. Thats because we are mature enough to respect boundaries of marriage and relationships.

Just so I'm clear,

Just in case I misunderstand the point of this thread,

Homosexuality is a grievous sin before God. There is a very real limit to this male binding thing.

Otherwise, I have usually enjoyed male bonding in my life. Playing sports, watching the Super Bowl or listening to music. I have usually enjoyed male companionship more than that of women, although not always.

Until I became a Christian. My male friends didn't want me around anymore when I stopped drinking and eating pork (pepperoni for instance) and using profanity. They were quite uncomfortable with me.

Male bonding in the Seventh-day Adventist Church isn't as close or as beneficial. Way too mush politics for my taste. I am the one uncomfortable in this case.

Luke 12:32 NKJV

Not talking about homosexuality here, Alchemy....We have described that the male bonding in the USofA appears to be less than an actuality than demonstrated.

Tis of note, that Jesus made the declaration that ALL men would be drawn to Him, and thus showed that He was more at home with the wine bibbers, prostitutes, tax collectors than the religious....

Why is it that we can not make the non-religious crowd more "comfortable" than the non-religious crowd? Perhaps the concept of male bonding is not as accepted as we thinks.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

I think Alchemy has a point. SDA church culture is not conducive to bonding of any kind. I'm sure there are exceptions. Church is a high pressure gig. It's all about getting ready for Jesus coming and making sure everybody is good. It's about making sure you don't have the mark of the beast or are not too worldly.

It's about judgement. You can't bond under judgment. If you do bond, it's based on fear.

I like to laugh and joke and have a good time. That's considered bad in church culture. In SDA culture we have serious business to be about and we can't be wasting time joking when eternal lives are at stake.

The SDA culture has shifted, but this is the underlying current. We all know it's there and we can paste smiles on and pretend it's all loving, but there is something that is simply too self conscious about the whole gig. I'm not blaming anyone. It's rigged to be that way.

• 1 month later...

ITS NOT A MISTAKE

WE ARE ALL BROKEN

NO MAN IS FULLY INTERGRATED

IN A SIN SICK WORLD

MEN NEED MEN

gOD CREATED US THAT WAY

AND EVEN PERFECT

ITS NOT GOOD TO BE ALONE

GOD SAID THAT

All progress in the Spiritual Life is knowing and Loving GOD

"there is non upon earth that I desire besides YOU" PS 73:25

That perspective changes EVERYTHING-suffering and adversity are the means that makes us hungry for GOD. Disapointments will wean us away wordly occupations. Even sin(when repented of) becomes a mechanism to push us closer to HIM as we experience His Love and Forgiveness.

THE SDA CHURCH CULTURE OF LONE RANGER CHRISTIANS IS BECAUSE THE DEVIL HAS HAD HIS WAY IN OUR WESTERN CULTURE

THERE IS NO CONDEMNATION FOR THOSE IN JESUS

THATS WHERE U BOND!

AS U SAY WE DONT BOND IN JUDGEMENT

JUDGEMENT FROM OTHERS FOR SURE

EGW SAYS

PRESS TOGETHER PRESS TOGETHER

AND THE bIBLE SAYS WE ARE NOT TO FORSAKE ASSEMBLY AS WE SEE HIS DAY APPROACHING

FOR ENCOURAGEMNET OF EACH OTHER

WE HAVE A SICK SDA CULTURE TO COMBAT

DAVID AND JONATHON STORY IS FOR MEN

ITS NOT THERE AS A MISTAKE OR A FOOTNOTE

SCARY ADVENTISTS EVERYWHERE DEFACING THE IMAGE OF GOD

TEARING THE IDEAL OF IMAGAE OF GOD APART AND ALL THE WHILE

MEN ARE ARMS LENGTH TO THEIR OWN PERIL WHILE HEAPING ABUSE ON EACH OTHER

That perspective changes EVERYTHING-suffering and adversity are the means that makes us hungry for GOD. Disapointments will wean us away wordly occupations. Even sin(when repented of) becomes a mechanism to push us closer to HIM as we experience His Love and Forgiveness.

THIS THREAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOMOSEXUALITY

SOUNDS HOMOPHOBIC

NOTHING NEW FROM FROM CHRISTIAN MEN WHO OUR OUT OF TOUCH WITH THEMSELVES AND OTHERS

PO, please don't shout at us!

bwink

It's hard to focus on the message when you're being shouted at.

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

i didnt mean to shout

though this place ignores my posts alot

i have a new puter which doesnt have a cap light

and i look down when i type

so ive been capping without meaning to on all facebook and and other forums

i apologize

• Members

You are forgiven PO.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

PO, I was writing tic, that's why I put the smilie in!

No worries, I appreciate (really appreciate) your posts.

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________