ClubAdventist is back!

Trade mark of Seventh Day Adventist registered.

Truth#1

Brothers and sisters of the Seventh Day Adventist Church,

I am one too. Is anybody aware of the Creation Seventh Day

Adventist church, Tennessee Pastor McGill was arrested, and

put in jail on July 17th. Red lands Loma Linda. He fasted in

jail rather than removing the name of "Creation Seventh Day

Adventist church". Fellow believers please Google this church

and the related websites. My Question: Does the church

corporate body, of the General Conference have the right to

sue any entity that carries the Seventh Day Adventist name?

Can any group or individual who believes in the Adventist

belief system as a criteria,have the right to post the SDA

name on building site or one's home. Pastor McGill was

released on 08/11/12, on the Sabbath. How sad. A little

group of worshipers,in an old gas station was torn down on

the orders of the court filed by the General Conference Of

Seventh Day Adventists. Before anyone comes to an

"unreasonable" conclusion, please do your research on the

history of the Seventh Day Adventist name, Spirit of Prophecy

and the trade mark registered with the United States

government. Is the persecution of anyone labelled a

Seventh Day Adventist, from the General Conference Of

Seventh Day Adventists, happen or is it the papal system.

This is very, very serious so please express your views and

concerns to our leaders. How does the world perceive us

Seventh Day Adventists as taking each other to court? What

happened to our Mission to the world?

Please, join the Forum.

John H

• Administrators

Yes, we are aware. He posts here under a few aliases.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

There have been a number of discussions going on this topic. You might want to check them out to find what people think.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

TRUTH3#1

Thank you for your concern on this tropic---- prayer is needed

dgrimm60

Yes, dgrimm60. I agree. Thank you for reminding us.

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

Yes, the word "Adventist" is legally protected as well. By the way, a good source of comments about this controversial issue has been published both by “Spectrum” magazine and “Adventist Today.” You will find there a large variety of information and comments. A second man named Lucan Chartier was also incarcerated. I don’t know whether he is still in jail.

He told me that he was supposed to remain in jail for ten days, and he also declared that he would not ingest any solid food in protest. He did participate in the discussion in the publications I named above. I did correspond with both of these individuals for some time, and also with a third man named David Aguilar. We need to pray for these individuals and for the leadership of our church.

My personal view is that we have here not a legal question but rather a moral one. I believe that the parable of the two debtors applies here. The man who failed to show mercy towards his debtor was condemned by Jesus not because of a lack of a legal right to have his debtor incarcerated, but rather for a failure to shows mercy.

I was praying for both of these men and I praise God for their release. I believe that it was probably irresponsible for the church to use the alleged $75,000 dollars of sacred tithe money to have these two fellow believers incarcerated simply for claiming to be truly Adventists.

The term Adventist denotes a belief in the second coming of the Lord. Suing someone for claiming to believe in Jesus return is incomprehensible to me. The term Adventist should have never been trademarked. It is a word which applies to all Christians who believe that Jesus will come back to earth.

In addition, I have a hard time understanding why would Ted Wilson allow for this to take place, especially considering that these men emphasize the doctrine of creation, which Wilson has a great love for. How could he sue people who share with him in the doctrine of creation and the second coming is beyond me! Is this the way Jesus would have acted?

More: http://spectrummagazine.org/blog/2012/08/12/creation-seventh-day-adventist-church-leaders-freed

• Members

John who? Are you referring to John317?

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Thanks

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I believe "Seventh-day Adventist Church" is a trade mark and legally protected. If some one else uses similar words to this term it could cause mass confusion if not deception. GC has every right to protect this trade mark for the sake the congregation. It does not matter how sincere these men are. They should not have imitated the trade mark name. They could have come up with a different name so as not to confuse the people. This was not the first case. There was another case years ago in Hawaii.

These people went to jail because they refused the judge's order. If they are really sincere and honest christians they should have come up with a different name for their church rather than confusing others.

I do not see any reason why they should not take the sign down. There are many cases regarding trade mark violations which confused a lot of people and judges ordered to take the names down.

Won

Great post Won.

I so totally agree with what you have written.

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I believe "Seventh-day Adventist Church" is a trade mark and legally protected. If some one else uses similar words to this term it could cause mass confusion if not deception. GC has every right to protect this trade mark for the sake the congregation. It does not matter how sincere these men are. They should not have imitated the trade mark name. They could have come up with a different name so as not to confuse the people. This was not the first case. There was another case years ago in Hawaii.

These people went to jail because they refused the judge's order. If they are really sincere and honest christians they should have come up with a different name for their church rather than confusing others.

I do not see any reason why they should not take the sign down. There are many cases regarding trade mark violations which confused a lot of people and judges ordered to take the names down.

Won

If Christ's professed followers look only for a name and follow others only because they have the name "seventh-day adventist" and do not search the holy scriptures of the old and new testaments as looking for hidden treasure they will likely be deceived by the adversary when he tries to deceive the very elect.

grw

Have a look through the Holy Scriptures and see how much importance is attached to a name. Surely we should try to ensure that the name which we are assured was given to our church by God himself is protected from anyone who would try to, in any way, take away or dilute the effecyt of that name.

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Unfortunately, majority of human beings follow a leader or organization because the name not researching the facts. We have plenty of such an example in religious world as well as in political world.

Won

The way I see this thing is Walter Chick is truly a Seventh Day Adventist believer.

He separated his in diferences church with the name "Creation" Seventh Day Adventist Church and that definetly separtes it from the corporation named "Seventh Day Adventist Church".

There is yet no doubt people that are not seventh day keepers believing in Jesus Christ's soon coming advent. EGW had called them nominal Adventists, but they were Adventist all right and true and had a right to the name.

When a church connects it's self to the state in this way they have disconnected to a great degree from whom they should be only of.

Also a church taking on 501c3 compliancy makes them further from being totally clear of any jurisdiction other than God whom a church should only be under.

I don't know what Mr. Chick has in diference but they are wrong in persecuting him. Does God persecute churches that have gotten off track? Don't you think He would go after them all?

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

A Freeman In Jesus Christ

Yes I have Stan.

Christianity is under Christ not the corporation Seventh Day Adventist Church.

It is to admonish, not dictate. Christ don't dictate so why should they?

The church is in no way of the state and shouldn't meddle in it for any advantage.

The Truth and the Word of God is Her stance and stronghold. All who love the Truth then would be with her.

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

A Freeman In Jesus Christ

• Members

Won

I'm with Planey, great, great post Won. I totally agree

phkrause

I tend to praise Ted for handling this as he has.

Folks - I do give praise where praise is due.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I believe "Seventh-day Adventist Church" is a trade mark and legally protected. If some one else uses similar words to this term it could cause mass confusion if not deception. GC has every right to protect this trade mark for the sake the congregation. It does not matter how sincere these men are. They should not have imitated the trade mark name. They could have come up with a different name so as not to confuse the people.

Yes, the General Conference does have the legal right to protect their name. This reminds me of the parable of the two debtors: Jesus condemned the one who had his debtor incarcerated not because he lacked the legal right to collect the small sum of money he was owed, but rather because he failed to show mercy.

The Lord has shown mercy towards the Adventist Church more than one in the past. Snould not he GC have shown mercy towards these two men?

• 4 months later...

There are billions of words they can use, without leaching off an established corporate organization.

I am NOT saying I do not appreciate their work in some of the areas they do, BUT REALLY hijack their time and so many others by leaching? REALLY?

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• 2 weeks later...

God protected His church in the wilderness from 538 to 1798.

Gods people were murdered,chased,harrased etc..and Jesus church was still there,the church was safe and protected.

1 man named chick mcgill who loves Jesus is put in jail over nothing.

Sunday, a child of the Papacy, has taken the place of God's holy Sabbath. As Nebuchadnezzar made a golden image, and set it up to be worshiped by all, so Sunday is placed before the people to be regarded as sacred. This day bears not a vestige of sanctity, yet it is held up to be honored by all. {RH, April 27, 1911 par. 6}