ClubAdventist is back!

Trade mark of Seventh Day Adventist registered.

Truth#1

Yes i think we should encourage that.

If they accept the foundation truths and ellen white as our prophet and the seven,th day sabbath as chick mcgill does we should encourage that.

I think it is all about where the tithe money goes.

I guess one of the perks of 501C3 is getting protection from the government in trade mark issues.

Very cleverly devised plan by our GC leaders. But my heart still goes out to chick mcgill.

Sunday, a child of the Papacy, has taken the place of God's holy Sabbath. As Nebuchadnezzar made a golden image, and set it up to be worshiped by all, so Sunday is placed before the people to be regarded as sacred. This day bears not a vestige of sanctity, yet it is held up to be honored by all. {RH, April 27, 1911 par. 6}

Impersonating an Adventist Pastor and an Adventist Church by someone who is not even a member?

Leaching off the good name of a

The Adventist organization?

I have no problem with him using any other name if he has no respect for the Adventist organization.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

I think my point is "do we really need the government and lawyers to defend Gods church"

God Will Not Be the Counselor of Those Who Take SDA Problems to Worldly Lawyers--You who are engaged in opening the things connected with our work to lawyers, will realize that those who trust the things connected with our work to those who know not God, will be left to trust to the law, and will have all the law they want until their souls are satisfied. God will not be their Counselor.--Letter 51a, 1898, pp. 1, 2. (To Uriah Smith and G. A. Irwin, June 6, 1898.)

White Estate Washington, D. C. Nov. 12, 1981 {11MR 218.4}

Sunday, a child of the Papacy, has taken the place of God's holy Sabbath. As Nebuchadnezzar made a golden image, and set it up to be worshiped by all, so Sunday is placed before the people to be regarded as sacred. This day bears not a vestige of sanctity, yet it is held up to be honored by all. {RH, April 27, 1911 par. 6}

HO - Do you believe everything Ellen White ever stated?

Just wondering.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

The General Conference is not "God". We are to be followers of Christ.

Everything you are defending in this matter is not Christ like. I think this is the better point i was trying to make.

Lets get the work done and go home!

The general conference is trying to protect something they have no control over. After all Christ will finish the work and will work in ways we are not aware of. Be careful of who you throw in jail.

He will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth. Romans 9:28.

Hey - if He is going to finish the work - then perhaps I can afford some time off to watch the football game.

I believe in Hematology.

spoken like a true "Laodicean "

la·od·i·ce·an

Adjective

Lukewarm or halfhearted, esp. with respect to religion or politics.

Noun

A person with such an attitude.

Synonyms

indifferent

LOL ... HO - no one on this board who knows me would accuse me of being halfhearted in any of my beliefs. But your view is noted.

I believe in Hematology.

Woody:

sorry if my response was a bit harsh.I am a conservative in my views and sometimes i do not understand a liberal response.

I am sure you were just joking. I do not know you that well to have said such a thing. "Peace"

"God is measuring you; when you are attending your household duties, when you engage in conversation, God is measuring you. Remember that your words and actions are being daguerreotyped [photographed] in the books of heaven, as the face is reproduced by the artist on the polished plate. . Ellen White {7BC 972.1}

Cool. I'm glad to hear that you are conservative. I am most certainly conservative also. The only way in my mind. IF you heard a liberal response - it was not from me. I live a conservative SDA lifestyle. I suspect I am more conservative than you. Not that it's a contest. lol

I believe in Hematology.

Not that it's a contest. lol

Far be it from a conservative to engage in competition!

Shock! Horror!

bwink

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Opening Church Difficulties to Unbelievers.-- When troubles arise in the church we should not go for help to lawyers not of our faith. God does not desire us to open church difficulties before those who do not fear Him. He would not have us depend for help on those who do not obey His requirements. Those who trust in such counselors show that they have not faith in God. By their lack of faith the Lord is greatly dishonored, and their course works great injury to themselves. In appealing to unbelievers to settle difficulties in the church they are biting and devouring one another, to be "consumed one of another" (Galatians 5:15).

{3SM 299.1}

These men cast aside the counsel God has given, and do the very things He has bidden them not to do. They show that they have chosen the world as their judge, and in heaven their names are registered as one with unbelievers. Christ is crucified afresh, and put to open shame. Let these men know that God does not hear their prayers. They insult His holy name, and He will leave them to the buffetings of Satan until they shall see their folly and seek the Lord by confession of their sin. {3SM 299.2}

Originally Posted By: Woody
Not that it's a contest. lol

Far be it from a conservative to engage in competition!

Shock! Horror!

bwink

Graeme

I may not be a Saint Graeme ....

I believe in Hematology.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

i suspect if someone hijacked the "creation seventh day adentist" name from these guys and did things they disagreed with, i am not so sure they would just be relaxed about it.

identity theft causes a lot of problems.

and to persist when they are kindly asked to not do this showed a spirit of defiance, however mildly they represent themselves, they are not so nice.

they are not showing a mild kind, loving spirit to do this name using, when it is abundantly clear and obvious it is not allowed.

a lot of people who do wrong things can do them in an innocuous way to appear benign, and when in principle it is deeply wrong, and sometimes very manipulative.

very tricky and sympathy seeking.

debbym

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

Throwing someone in jail in the name of God makes no sense either.

God protected his church all thru the dark ages with no help from lawyers.People were murdered,beaten ,tortured ect...and the church is still here.

Now we have chick mcgill one man who is not against us at all and we think he is a threat?

You may want to consider the the general conference created a basis to create future religious laws.

The church did not throw in jail nor request they be in jail. The courts did for not responding to them. He left the country to avoid them, he does some really good things, impersonating the Church by stealing their identity was not one of them.

The General Conference hired a lawyer to go after chick mcgill.

I wonder were the money came from for this lawyer.

special offerings ? Tithe money ? Did all the pastors kick in $20 ?

• Members

Did they hired one or use one of there own?

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

The people we elected to run the Church, are doing their job, they laboured with him for years on this.

Identity theft, even of a church, is a serious thing.

I guess i don,t know all the facts.

Do you think an adventist lawyer donated his own time to this case?

other than the name was chick mcgill using the official logo or anything like that?

Not long hence they will stand before the Judge of all the earth to render an account for the pain they have caused to the bodies and souls of His heritage. They may now indulge in false accusations,

they may deride those whom God has appointed to do His work,

they may consign His believing ones to prison, to the chain gang, to banishment, to death; but for every pang of anguish,

every tear shed, they must answer. God will reward them double for their sins...The Great Controversy, pp. 178, 179.

• 1 month later...

I agree with HopefulOne, Gibs and others on this case.

I am horrified that the Seventh Day Adventist Church took this man to court. That God’s tithe money was used to do such a thing was very wrong.

God is big enough to protect His church.

The words of Jesus and Paul say it all.

1 Cor 6:1-8 (New Century Version)

6 When you have something against another Christian, how can you bring yourself to go before judges who are not right with God? Why do you not let God’s people decide who is right? 2 Surely you know that God’s people will judge the world. So if you are to judge the world, are you not able to judge small cases as well? 3 You know that in the future we will judge angels, so surely we can judge the ordinary things of this life. 4 If you have ordinary cases that must be judged, are you going to appoint people as judges who mean nothing to the church? 5 I say this to shame you. Surely there is someone among you wise enough to judge a complaint between believers. 6 But now one believer goes to court against another believer—and you do this in front of unbelievers!

7 The fact that you have lawsuits against each other shows that you are already defeated. Why not let yourselves be wronged? Why not let yourselves be cheated? 8 But you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do this to other believers!

Luke 9: 46-50 (The Message Bible)

46-48 They started arguing over which of them would be most famous. When Jesus realized how much this mattered to them, he brought a child to his side. “Whoever accepts this child as if the child were me, accepts me,” he said. “And whoever accepts me, accepts the One who sent me. You become great by accepting, not asserting. Your spirit, not your size, makes the difference.”

49 John spoke up, “Master, we saw a man using your name to expel demons and we stopped him because he wasn’t of our group.”

50 Jesus said, “Don’t stop him. If he’s not an enemy, he’s an ally.”

Live for God . . . Love people