ClubAdventist is back!

SDA vs KOG

Kman

• Members

Maybe you should elaborate a little more on what you mean by KOG? I probably have an idea but want to wait before commenting. Thanks.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Kingdom of God would refer to the direct teachings of Jesus whose major theme was the kingdom of God. All of His theology focused around this these. For example, parables of the kingdom, gospel of the kingdom, etc. etc.

• Moderators

The New Testament tells us that Jesus went about preaching the gospel of the kingdom. We know that "this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world, and then will the end come," so for over 150 years we have been doing our best to fulfill that prophecy. However, I think we often tend to truncate the gospel, primarily preaching the salvation depicted in John 3:16, adding a few do's and don't's for good measure. John 3:16 is a wonderful text, but does not include the indwelling Christ of John 17. I have not studied the gospel of the kingdom in as great a depth as I intend to shortly, but it seems to me John 17 is Jesus' heart call of the gospel of the kingdom.

LD

I like the thought that John 17 is at the heart of Christ's gospel of the kingdom. Especially His great prayer that his followers would be one (17:21), it seems to me that kingdom unity is critical to Jesus and that denominations (a word that means to divide at its root) often get in the way of Christ's great prayer.

• Members

Great reply LD

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Kman,

I saw "Father of Lights" last week at a friend's house. I agree - it was completely amazing! The circumstances God set up for those evangelists to get a VIP tour of the Dome of the Rock blew my mind. My wife and I watched the movie 3 times over the course of the weekend. I also totally recommend it.

Be Blessed,

JoeMo