ClubAdventist is back!

A house and a prayer

LynnDel

• Moderators

I had such a great answer to prayer yesterday.

My parents, who lived near me for 30 years, moved back to Colorado, my "home" state, and I rented out their place for the past four years to a great SDA family. It was so nice having a family there with similar lifestyle, since we share a driveway and some yard space. No worries about late night beer parties, etc. They bought a place at the beginning of the summer, and I have been spending the last few months updating the interior.

I sent out emails to all the local churches, called the secretaries, let everyone I could think of know about the house, but no good possibilities appeared. Yesterday morning I prayed especially for the solution to my problem, since I have maxed out my credit card renovating the house and need to pay it off ASAP. I do not like being in debt.

Yesterday afternoon some utility workers came by to trim my huge oaks whose branches interfere with the utility lines. They offered me the wood chips for mulch, so I had them dump it where the former renters' above-ground pool had been.

The utility worker, Jacinto,looked at the smooth round circle where the pool had been and said, "What's under here?" I explained it was the footprint left by my former renters' pool.

"Is the house for rent? I want to rent it," he said.

He seemed like an unusually personable guy, so I said, "That's a possibility," even though I was thinking, "I wish he was an Adventist."

I invited him to come by when he was off work for the day, and he came, bringing his wife. They looked over the house, liked it and the price, and while we were standing in the driveway, I told him about all the wildlife around here, including the many wild turkeys. "You could even hunt them," I said.

"You can shoot them and eat them?" He asked.

"Yes, in season," I said.

"But I wouldn't want to kill an animal," he said, "Besides that, I'm a vegetarian."

Of course, my ears pricked up at that. "Why?" I asked.

"We've been learning some new things about health," he said, "and the Bible says..."

There my friend's husband who has been helping me a lot with the renovations jumped into the coversation and said, "Are you a Seventh-day Adventist?"

"Yes," said Jacinto.

"She is, too!" said my friend.

At which point Jacinto and his wife both gave me a hug.

ason it doesn't work out, I'll let you know.

LD

• Moderators

I could not remove that last line while I was composing the story (rewriting from a copied email I had sent to a friend who was wondering how things were going) , so I decided to edit it out after posting, but I am told my maximum editing time has already expired.

But what I wanted to end with was - Isn't that a great answer to prayer?

LD

LD

Awesome testimony, LynnDel! You should re-post it on "How Has God Proved Himself to You" in the "Theological Townhall". There is a request for testimony there; and this truly fits the bill!

Blessings, JoeMo

• Administrators

I love it when stuff like this happens!

LynnDel that is a GREAT answer to prayer! I'm so glad you shared that with us! :)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

LynnDel, that is such a wonderful answer to your prayer. It is amazing how God puts just the right people in your life at the right time. I pray it all works out.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Members

Awesome, Praise the Lord.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}