ClubAdventist is back!

I'm told by adventist 31 AD Friday Crucifixion. Is this correct?

todd_vetter33

Originally Posted By: Samie
According to you, brother. But you are not Scriptures.

Greek Scriptures in Mark 16:9 explicitly inform us Christ rose early morning of the chief Sabbath, Saturday, in perfect harmony with the 3 days & 3 nights specs of our Lord Himself (Matt 12:40) for the period from crucifixion to resurrection.

Christ ate Passover on the full moon night of Tuesday March 27, 31 AD; crucified on Wednesday March 28, Preparation Day of Passover (John 19:14) of the Jews. Thursday March 29 was Passover Sabbath of the Jews, a ceremonial Sabbath. After 3 days & 3 nights from Wednesday crucifixion,

Wednesday daytime - Day 1; Wedenesday nighttime - Night 1

Thursday daytime - Day 2; Thursday nighttime - Night 2

Friday daytime - Day 3; Friday nighttime - Night 3

He rose from the grave early morning Saturday, the chief Sabbath of at least 2 Sabbaths (there were actually 3) that Paschal week, March 31, 31 AD - as the Greek Scriptures in Mark 16:9 explicitly tell us. This verse demolishes the Saturday afternoon thesis of Gerhard and the Sunday resurrection lie long believed on by the world.

In Christ,

Samie

It has been must be a dozen times now you have been exposed a corrupter of the Word of God in this place in Scripture.

Gerhard, if there is a corrupter here in this forum, it should be you, brother. Your foul language corrupts your soul and it shows in your posts.

In Christ,

Samie

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• todd_vetter33

• Samie

• Lysimachus

• Gibs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
KJV Acts 16:12 And from thence to Philippi, which is the chief city of that part of Macedonia, and a colony: and we were in that city abiding certain days. {the chief: or, the first}
"chief" is translated from "prote" in the above verse

Friberg Lexicon:

Quote:
prote - adjective ordinal dative feminine singular no degree from protos

I. adjectivally first of several; (1) of time; (a) in comparison of past and present earlier, first, former (B) in antithesis between the beginning and the end first, before anything else, opposite eschatos (last, final); (2) of rank and value first (of all), foremost, chief, most important of all; (a) of things (B) substantivally, of persons oi`protoi the leading men, the most important persons (3) of number or sequence first

I'd rather believe Scriptures and in the scholarship of Timothy & Barbara Friberg than in the pretensions and foul language of somebody in this forum.

In Christ,

Samie

I think the Bible is clear that Jesus was taken prisoner in the night hours of Friday. He was crucified on the daylight hours of Friday and died at the 9th hour (about 3PM) He was entombed late Friday which was preparation day, as the Sabbath was the next day (See Mark 15:42 And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath,)

The next day was not only the seventh day Sabbath but it was also the Feast of unleavened bread which is a" high or holy day: . John called it a high day

Originally Posted By: Samie
NKJ John 19:14 Now it was the Preparation Day of the Passover, and about the sixth hour. And he said to the Jews, "Behold your King!"

31 Therefore, because it was the Preparation Day, that the bodies should not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day)

The day that followed that preparation day could be a ceremonial Sabbath, and not necessarily the weekly Sabbath.

Untrue! I am not 'assigning sinister motives' only; I make direct accusation: UNTRUE!

Gerhard, forget about your bone day theory for a moment, and Samie, forget about your astronomical full moon date for a moment. Let us just look at scripture and see where it leads.

The INFERENCE that the term "when the Sabbath was past" in Mark 16:1 refers to the first day of the week is a conclusion made too fast, too soon; a conclusion bereft of Scriptural evidence at the most. It had to be first established what Sabbath was past, whether ceremonial or weekly. Mark had said in Mark 15:42 that the day on which Christ was crucified was the "day before the Sabbath". It was this Sabbath that was past that is subject of Mark 16:1.

John explicitly tells us it was on Preparation day of Passover that Jesus was crucified (John 19:14). This brings us to the inevitable conclusion that the "day before the Sabbath" of Mark 15:42 is the "preparation day of Passover" of John 19:14. Therefore, the "Sabbath that was past" in Mark 16:1 is a ceremonial Sabbath, being the Sabbath related to the eating of Passover meal that also starts the feast of unleavened bread the first day of which is a ceremonial Sabbath.

We have thus established beyond reasonable doubt that the Sabbath that was past in Mark 16:1 is ceremonial Sabbath, NOT the weekly Sabbath on which the women rested as Luke informs us.

In Christ,

Samie

• 3 weeks later...

If it can be shown that the wave sheath is to be offered on the day after the 7th day Sabbath, then First fruits and Pentecost always fall on a Sunday and hence Jesus must have resurrected on Sunday.

Bro Jackson;

The offering of the wave sheaf on the first Sunday after Passover is Biblically accurate, although Gerhard refuses to agree. What is not accurate is the claim that the day when the sheaf is waved before the Lord is the day when the Lord resurrected because

1. The Bible in Mark 16:9 EXPICITLY says He resurrected on "proi prote sabbatou" which is "early morning of the chief Sabbath"; and

2. There is no Bible verse that gives us any hint that because He is firstfruits from the dead, He must resurrect on the day of the offering of the wave sheaf.

And why zero in on the firstfruit of grain harvest? The Bible is replete with firstfruits of many different kinds, and our Savior, being firstfruits, is symbolized by all these different firstfruits!

There are firstfruits of thy labours (Ex 23:16), firstfruits of thy land (Ex 23:19), firstfruits of wheat harvest (Ex 34:22), firstfruits of corn, wine, and oil, and honey, and of all the increase of the field (2Ch 31:5); firstfruits of the ground, the firstfruits of all fruit of all trees (Neh 10:35), the firstfruits of oblations (Ez 20:40), and even firstfruits of all things (Ez 44:30). Also, the LORD said that the firstborn of both man and beast are His (Exod 13:2; Num 3:12,13, 45; 8:17) and these are also firstfruits, the firstfruits of the womb.

So why zero in on the offering of firstfruits of grain harvest and use it as basis for the day when Christ resurrected in the absence of Scriptural endorsement for such parallelism? A seemingly appropriate parallelism must not be taken in lieu of clear-cut Biblical pronouncement Christ resurrected on "proi prote sabbatou" which is "early morning of the chief Sabbath", Saturday.

In Christ,

Samie

As to the title of this thread, the outright answer is No. Crucifixion was in 31 AD but not on a Friday.

Christ ate Passover a day ahead of the Jews, on a full moon night, giving us another important information for pinpointing when our Lord was crucified. He was crucified the day that followed the night of the full moon that occurred that paschal week. And with existing technology, full moon occurrences could be accurately traced either backward or forward in time and mapped into the current Gregorian calendar.

And I stand on solid ground with the backing of Scriptures and corroboration from astronomical data that our Lord was crucified on March 28, 31 AD, Wednesday. After 3 days & 3 nights as He Himself specified (Matt 12:40), He rose from the grave - as Mark, writing in the Greek tongue - recorded in Mark 16:9, on "proi prote sabbatou" or "early morning of the chief Sabbath", Saturday, March 31, 31 AD.

In Christ,

Samie

• Moderators

This thread has gone on for 50 pages!

What is the total number of people who have posted here compared to the total number of posts?

I suspect that the majority of the posts have been made by a minority of the people posting?

E.G. Have 95% of the posts been made by 5% of the people posting?

If so, in what sense is this really a conversation?

Gregory

• Members

Excellent point Gregory. I'd say those that are really interested in having a discussion have left, because there really isn't any, just those telling others what really happen, as if they were actually there.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Gerhard said:

Quote:
The posters were the few individuals. But you must have noticed this thread by at least two lengths is the winning horse as far as number of readers is concerned.

And he also said:

Quote:
Strange, that since my last visit to this discussion, 705 readers over but two days, have had a look at it.

No, I did not notice that 705 readers have looked at this thread. I do not believe that CA is able to track the number of individual readers who access a thread during specific period of time. My understanding is that CA is able to track the number of times a thread was accessed, rather than the number if individual readers.

Based upon the number of posts that you make, I consider it likely that you may have accessed this thread 100 times during that period of time--the same for several of the others. I guess that could mean that as few as ten (10) people could have accessed it during the time that you mentioned.

In any case, we clearly do not know the number of individual people who accessed it. So, your statement of 705 is without foundation.

Gregory

• Moderators

Gerhard said:

Quote:
There is NO TOPIC OR THEME of greater interest not only on clubadventist, but everywhere, than the "understanding of the TIMES to know what Israel ---as type of Christ--- OUGHT TO DO." (2Chronicles 12:32) Cf. Luke 24:26,27,44-46.

Everywhere--astounding!

You are telling me that followers of the Hindu religion are mostly concerned about Israel?

I could say the same about several other major world religions.

You are telling me that followers of religions that do not even know Christ are most concerned about what Israel will do as a Type of Christ--unbelievable!

Gregory

• Moderators

Gerhard said:

Quote:
BECAUSE IT IS NOT ABOUT 'ME' OR 'SELF',

Well, with your caps you are shouting to the world.

It certainly seems to me that you consider your posts to be of major importance--probably more than do others reading here. One reason people ignore is because they do not consider it worth their time.

Gregory

And if it were true Jesus <<rose early morning of the chief Sabbath>> WHY would the angel open the grave only “late on the Sabbath” or “in the end of the Sabbath”?! If Jesus resurrected the morning, why would God wait for the mid-afternoon of the Sabbath to open the grave?!

Did Jesus go out of the still CLOSED tomb? That is inevitable if Jesus <<rose early morning of the chief Sabbath>> but <<the earthquake was because of an angel's descent>> “late on the Sabbath”.

How did Jesus get out of the closed grave then? Did Jesus not “COME—FROM THE DEAD—IN THE FLESH”?

Let us PLEASE make this a new thread, Samie? Shucks, I and obviously everybody else is tired of this one.

Somebody charged that you clicked this thread for around a hundred times in one sitting. I don't believe him. You will not do that and fool yourself; neither will I. Judging from the number of clicks this thread receives and comparing it to the number of clicks the other threads receive, there are many who are still interested in this thread.

But you may start a new thread, brother.

In Christ,

Samie

• 1 month later...

I don't think this issue of Wed, or Thurs, or Fri crucifixion will ever be settled. But for those interested there is a study on this topic at my website prophecyviewpoint.com. It's titled "Three Days and Three Nights".

I looked at the possibilities in light of the commands concerning the Feasts, especially Nissan 10 - the day that the Passover Lamb had to be chosen for death. Jesus was "marked for death" at the Triumphal Entry. If Nissan 10 was a Sunday, then Jesus walked miles uphill from Jericho on a 7th day Sabbath - no likely with all those pilgrims and spies. If Nissan 14 (Passover) was a Wednesday, then the Triumphal Entry would have taken place on a 7th Day Sabbath. But there is no mention of any complaint from the Pharisees. And it's doubtful HE would have ridden an animal on the Sabbath as that was considered "work".

And I looked at the understanding of the time, that Jerusalem WAS "the heart of the earth".

I came up with a 6th day of the week crucifixion.

Blessings,

Rachel Cory

Prophecy Viewpoint

8thdaypriest