ClubAdventist is back!

Luther on the Antichrist

Robert

How about the unrepentant then? Yes Christ died for ALL and those unrepentant too, but they are not accepting.

That's not the topic here, Gibs. And BTW, did you not read my recent posts? Christ didn't die as the Son of God, we died in His assumed humanity. We died to the law in the body of Christ. Our humanity has paid the wages of sin "in Christ Jesus" That's the subject. Let's talk about the good news, okay?

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert

• Gibs

• BobRyan

The good news though Robert is not man is saved in sin. That would be bad news as this reign of sin will then would continue.

The good news is He made it that we may be saved from sin and not in sin!

"But present in fervent words how punishment for finite man has rested upon the Innocent, even the divine Son of God, in order that man might have a mighty Advocate to plead in the sinner's behalf. Was this done that man might continue in sin and be saved in sin? Oh, no! Sin is the hideous thing for which there was no remedy. Christ took the penalty that man might, through faith in Him, have life. The sinner's heart will melt; the soul will be conquered."--Manuscript 55, 1890, pp. 1-7

Men may profess to believe the gospel; but unless they are sanctified by the gospel their profession is of no avail. If they do not gain the victory over sin, then sin is gaining the victory over them. The thorns that have been cut off but not uprooted grow apace, until the soul is overspread with them. {CSA 21.5}

Christ promised that the Holy Spirit should abide with those who wrestle for victory over sin, to demonstrate the power of divine might by endowing the human agent with supernatural strength and instructing the ignorant in the mysteries of the kingdom of God. . . . {AG 212.5}

When one is fully emptied of self, when every false god is cast out of the soul, the vacuum is filled by the inflowing of the Spirit of Christ. Such a one has the faith that purifies the soul from defilement. He is conformed to the Spirit, and he minds the things of the Spirit. He has no confidence in self. Christ is all and in all. {AG 212.6}

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

A Freeman In Jesus Christ

Christ promised that the Holy Spirit should abide with those who wrestle for victory over sin

offtopic

We are discussing the gospel. ...Talk about what Christ did 2000 years ago in our humanity. That's the gospel.

Dear Robert, that is what I am talking about, The Good News. We just disagree and it will always be.

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Matt 1:21 She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

Did Christ save the human race from their sins? Yes!

Turn to Gal 4:4-5

But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law (under it's dominion), 5 so that He might redeem those who were under the Law (under the curse for their sins), that we might receive the adoption as sons.

"In Christ" the law has been satisfied. Christ did away with the problem - our fallen humanity. In Him "our body of sin" was done away with. Our humanity indwelt with iniqity died the 2nd death in Him.

At the resurrection you will receive a humanity without indwelling sin.

Dear Robert, that is what I am talking about, The Good News.

While it is good news that we can experience victory over besetting sins in our lives that is not what saves. The good news is that "in Christ" I am saved now and in the judgment as long as my faith in Him remains firm until the end.

Here's the deal: God will not work in you if you reject that in Him you are complete. Hence your focus should be are your resting in Christ's complete redemption that He obtained 2000 years ago. If not, the fruits you bear will be legalistic and therefore you will found wanting in the judgment.

Robert stated,

"At the resurrection you will receive a humanity without indwelling sin."

How about those who have continued in sin and gone to sleep unforgiven?

Therein lays the problem, it is still embeded in the heart and soul.

Robert stated,

"At the resurrection you will receive a humanity without indwelling sin."

How about those who have continued in sin and gone to sleep unforgiven?

Therein lays the problem, it is still embeded in the heart and soul.

Not the gospel....You are getting into what happens to those who refuse the gospel.

offtopic

Again, we are discussing the gospel. ...Talk about what Christ did 2000 years ago in our humanity. That's the gospel.

2 cor 5:14 For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; 15 and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.

16 Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh (that is, lost and outside God's grace); even though we have known Christ according to the flesh (He took us into Himself and took the curse of the law), yet now we know Him in this way no longer (Christ was raised without our fallen humanity. He was raised glorified). 17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, ALL things have become new (i.e., In Christ's glorified humanity). 18 Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world (the human race) to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. 21 He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

what you are talking about is not the gospel. In any sense of the word.

Okay, then tell me "how can God justify the ungodly [Romans 4:5] and still maintain His integrity to His holy law which condemns sinners [Galatians 3:10]?"

The Good News, The TRUE Gospel. It really is not hard to discern.

Some thing in this realm to consider is the fact if we are not weeding out sin out of our hearts and souls by His power in us, then what are we doing? We don't stand still, we are gaininng or falling back.

The only alternative is if not weeding it out we are embeding it deeper and stronger rooted IN the heart and soul.

Something for us all to think on, then is when we die, go to sleep, have we so embeded it that we go to sleep that way?

Here is a gem by Sister White,

"There is a real work to be wrought in us. Constantly we must submit our will to God's will, our way to God's way. . . . By beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, we are actually changed into the same image, from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. We expect too little, and we receive according to our faith. We are not to cling to our own ways, our own plans, our own ideas. . . . Besetting sins are to be conquered and evil habits overcome. Wrong dispositions and feelings are to be rooted out, and holy tempers and emotions begotten in us by the Spirit of God. . . . {HP 107.3}

Faith, living faith, we must have, a faith that works by love and purifies the soul. We must learn to take everything to the Lord with simplicity and earnest faith. The greatest burden we have to bear in this life is self. Unless we learn in the school of Christ to be meek and lowly, we shall miss precious opportunities and privileges for becoming acquainted with Jesus. Self is the most difficult thing we have to manage. In laying off burdens, let us not forget to lay self at the feet of Christ. {HP 107.4}

Hand yourself over to Jesus, to be molded and fashioned by Him, that you may be made vessels unto honor. Your temptations, your ideas, your feelings, must all be laid at the foot of the cross. Then the soul is ready to listen to words of divine instruction. Jesus will give you to drink of the water which flows from the river of God. Under the softening and subduing influence of His Spirit your coldness and listlessness will disappear. Christ will be in you a well of water, springing up into everlasting life. {HP 107.5}

We will get nowhere without His Divine Nature in us. When self is subdued and surrendered we are then filled by His indwelling.

Originally Posted By: RLH
what you are talking about is not the gospel. In any sense of the word.

Okay, then tell me "how can God justify the ungodly [Romans 4:5] and still maintain His integrity to His holy law which condemns sinners [Galatians 3:10]?"

Please answer the above. I have. If you don't agree disprove me.

That's easy. It's because He paid the penalty. But there are certain conditions and requirements to being covered. Hence the surprised "Christians" at the end of time who say: "Didn't we cast out demons in your name?"

Mat 7:21 Not every one that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

• Administrators

Ironic that something called "good news" should create so much disharmony and disagreement.

Yes, I will step in to settle this fight. But neither side will be satisfied because I am locking this topic for now. From a moderator perspective I generally do not care what the topic is about or whether participants are correct or not in their views on the topic. But I do expect civility in the discussion. Civility demands that we respect one another. But respect is a two-way street. If one expects to be respected, it only makes sense that they show respect. And respect includes listening to the other and being open to learning from the other.

Continuing to beat each other over the head with the same point over and over again is not respect. Agreeing to disagree and letting it go is respect.

Continuing a fight after the opposition has thrown in the towel is not respect. Pursuing others with whom we disagree to continue the fight in another discussion is not respect. Walking away from a fight shows respect for those who really are tired of watching the endless nonsense of meaningless nitpicking and harassment... and it shows some self-respect. Force feeding ones views to others seldom accomplishes anything of value.

And once again the wisdom of my father bears repeating. "It takes two to fight. It only takes one to stop it."

But we boys knew that if one of us was not going to stop the fight on our own, it really would take only one (neither of us) to stop it. And we really, really didn't want his method of breaking up the fight...

Take some time and cool off. And extend the real gospel to each other. (See below...)

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)