• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hch

• phkrause

• Ted Oplinger

• Gordon1

• Administrators

Based upon nothing other than a gut level feeling ... Iran. Praying there will not be a First Strike ... want my kids to come home for good!!

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Iran has no history as a belligerent nation. They operate on the defensive.

They could be tricked into firing the first shot....

....or we could be tricked into believing they did.

THAT has plenty of precedent, also known as false flags attacks.

(Where the attack is supposedly coming from a certain flag (country), but instead it's a ruse to justify starting a war.)

Here's a 2 minute clip from a luncheon last week at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy to promote "Crisis Initiation" in Iran.

"How the U.S. can be forced into War with Iran":

http://www.conspiracyplanet.com/channel.cfm?channelid=127&contentid=10240

How can these suits play so lightly with the lives of American soldiers and innocents abroad?

Read Daniel 8 (I was going to post it; but it's rather long). The angel's interpreation clearly says the two-horned ram is Media-Persia (modern day Iran).

The angel also clearly stated twice that the vision concerned the end of time.

Speculation (not historical SDA viewpoint) - Could the goat coming out of the west be the United States (or a coalition led by the U.S.)? Note that the word "Greece" in verse 20 could just as accurately be translated as "westerner". Could the broken horn represent the demise of the U.S. as a superpower? Could the four kings be four nations that would replace the U.S (say - China, India, Japan, and Russia and/or the EU)?

The record shows Israel as a primary aggressor, with 75 to 200 nuclear warheads.

But Iran as a defensive nation with no military nukes.

First strike? Israel or Iran?

Am thinking Israel...

Thoughts?

Israel would not survive very many first-strikes against Israel if those striking were using nukes - and Israel knows it. They have no choice in the matter - they have to swat down the flies each time they hatch.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Iranians were also created in God's image, probably closer to the original pattern than us Westerners.

I doubt Heaven sees them as flies or worthy of annihilation.

The "flies" in this case are not "Iranians" they are "Nukes" in the hands of a muslim state that has declared war on you.

We all knew that right?

Iran has not declared war upon me or upon Canada where I live.

Nor do I believe they've declared war upon another country, Israel or U.S.A.

(Which shows their great patience, with all that American military hardware floating offshore.)

Israel's Prime Minister Netinyahu is eager for war.

Iran is seeking dialogue: http://www.globalresearch.ca/is-iran-trying-to-tell-us-something-we-wont-hear/

• Members

No there not. Israel has and will always be on the defensive. Just look at there history. They have been prusecuted for more years than any other nation. Iran funds many terrorist nations to attack Israel.

If Israel needs to they will attack first and that will be all. Iran will not be able to recover.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Well it's true the Jewish people have suffered untold persecution.

And as a nation race, they were once called Israel, after their forefather Jacob. ("Overcomer", "Prevailing with God")

But the country Israel did not appear until 1947.

I think most Adventists understand New Testament Israel to be the people of God, not a country with a huge nuclear arsenal.

Adventists shouldn't confuse the two.

Recently Henry Kissinger was quoted in the New York Post as saying "In 10 years, there will be no more Israel."

Maybe he knows something. So many nukes in such a small space - seems dangerous.

But if Israel attacks Iran, no one will recover.

Just my opinion; but I believe that Israel isstill God's chosen people. Read Romans 9 thru 11. I also believe that mount Moriah (also known as Mount Zion) is a piece of real estate that has been special to God since the days of Abraham; and it is possible that Israel will soo build a new temple on that site. I have heard that they already have all of the timbers and stones cut; and that the rabbis have already identified at least one bovine as "qualified to be the "red heifer".

The New Jerusalem will descend upon the site of the old Jerusalem after the millenium, will it not?

Quote:

(BTW - Israel is definitely NOT talking peace)

Maybe they're just tired of turning the other cheek. Here's a comment on an article in which I tend to agree.

SFI Daily Dispatch

What remains unfathomable in America, is the extremist left to continue to criticize Christianity and Judaism for the worlds problems and like President Obama allow Islam a free pass.

Lift Jesus up!!

Also thought this might be of some significance, something I ran into while looking for an interpretation of the word "jihad" on wikipedia.

Quote:

Lara Logan: Obama lying, al-Qaeda and Taliban stronger than ever

A reporter who actually reports the truth: what a rare commodity these days. "Reporter Lara Logan brings ominous news from Middle East," by Laura Washington for the Chicago Sun Times, October 7 (thanks to all who sent this in):

This was no ordinary rubber chicken affair. That was my reaction to the extraordinary keynoter at Tuesday’s Better Government Association annual luncheon.

Lara Logan, a correspondent for CBS’ “60 Minutes,” delivered a provocative speech to about 1,100 influentials from government, politics, media, and the legal and corporate arenas. Such downtown gatherings are a regular on Chicago’s networking circuit. (I am a member of the BGA’s Civic Leadership Committee, and the Chicago Sun-Times was a sponsor).

Her ominous and frightening message was gleaned from years of covering our wars in the Middle East. She arrived in Chicago on the heels of her Sept. 30 report, “The Longest War.” It examined the Afghanistan conflict and exposed the perils that still confront America, 11 years after 9/11.

Eleven years later, “they” still hate us, now more than ever, Logan told the crowd. The Taliban and al-Qaida have not been vanquished, she added. They’re coming back.

“I chose this subject because, one, I can’t stand, that there is a major lie being propagated . . .” Logan declared in her native South African accent.

“There is this narrative coming out of Washington for the last two years,” Logan said. It is driven in part by “Taliban apologists,” who claim “they are just the poor moderate, gentler, kinder Taliban,” she added sarcastically. “It’s such nonsense!”

Logan stepped way out of the “objective,” journalistic role. The audience was riveted as she told of plowing through reams of documents, and interviewing John Allen, the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan; Afghan President Hamid Karzai, and a Taliban commander trained by al-Qaida. The Taliban and al-Qaida are teaming up and recruiting new terrorists to do us deadly harm, she reports.

She made a passionate case that our government is downplaying the strength of our enemies in Afghanistan and Pakistan, as a rationale of getting us out of the longest war. We have been lulled into believing that the perils are in the past: “You’re not listening to what the people who are fighting you say about this fight. In your arrogance, you think you write the script.”

Our enemies are writing the story, she suggests, and there’s no happy ending for us.

As a journalist, I was queasy. Reporters should tell the story, not be the story. As an American, I was frightened.

Logan even called for retribution for the recent terrorist killings of Christopher Stevens, the U.S. ambassador to Libya, and three other officials. The event is a harbinger of our vulnerability, she said. Logan hopes that America will “exact revenge and let the world know that the United States will not be attacked on its own soil. That its ambassadors will not be murdered, and that the United States will not stand by and do nothing about it.”...

Posted by Robert on October 8, 2012 4:02 PM | 16 Comments

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Iran has not declared war upon me or upon Canada where I live.

Nor do I believe they've declared war upon another country, Israel or U.S.A.

Ok well I must say it is great to finally meet someone who is on the inside with the intelligence agencies and knows for a fact that if handed a dirty bomb or suitcase nuke that there is no way in the world Iran would have it delivered here the way the Saudi's did with those planes on 9-11.

At least we have a stable situation when it comes to Iran if not Saudi Arabia.

I for one am glad for any good news people will share.

in Christ,

Bob

• Moderators

Which one has a multi-decade history of flouting UN Security Council resolutions?

Truth is important

• 3 months later...

After syrian civil war settles down then Iran will be the last domino to fall.It seems any nation that is openly defiant or has a dictator is on our list of things to take care of.

Iran has a least tried to have open elections that may or may not be fixed.

Perhaps the pope will step in and do a peace deal.

Not sure what Israel is waiting for.

Sunday, a child of the Papacy, has taken the place of God's holy Sabbath. As Nebuchadnezzar made a golden image, and set it up to be worshiped by all, so Sunday is placed before the people to be regarded as sacred. This day bears not a vestige of sanctity, yet it is held up to be honored by all. {RH, April 27, 1911 par. 6}

Iran has no history as a belligerent nation. They operate on the defensive.

Oh good - because for while there I was thinking they were talking about wiping Israel off the map.

in Christ,

Bob

Lets not forget the influence of the "Little Horn"

Papacy is working in the background somewhere.

Sunday, a child of the Papacy, has taken the place of God's holy Sabbath. As Nebuchadnezzar made a golden image, and set it up to be worshiped by all, so Sunday is placed before the people to be regarded as sacred. This day bears not a vestige of sanctity, yet it is held up to be honored by all. {RH, April 27, 1911 par. 6}

• Members

I agree.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

Quote:
Poster: Gordon1
Quote:
I think most Adventists understand New Testament Israel to be the people of God, not a country with a huge nuclear arsenal.

Adventists shouldn't confuse the two.

i have heard of one rabbi who travels doing speaking engagements, telling people that Israel no longer stands before God as His people, they were given divorce papers and live out the Bible curse to be scattered around the world.

i agree if nuclear war breaks out and Israel nukes Iran, the Islam world will awaken like we have never seen, and i suspect it will trigger the war to end all wars. I am contributing to the fulfillment of the prophecy, wars and rumors of wars, but i am compelled in this case.

Being that we have poured billions into Israel, and so many Americans are erroneously holding onto some form of Christian Zionism, we will not be in anyway remain untouched by this.

Iran sees USA and Israel as a united political unit. and we have grievously failed to hold Israel accountable for their cruel mistreatment of the Palestinian people.

we need more faith and simple trust in God like we never had before.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.