ClubAdventist is back!

What do angels eat?

lazarus

• Moderators

What sustains the life of an angel since they are not immortal.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Members

Interesting ? Lazarus. Never thought about that. I wonder if they eat from the Tree of Life, as Adam and Eve did? They were also immortal when they ate from the tree, were they not?

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Perhaps they ate from the tree of life. Is there more than one? If they had to eat from the Tree of life on earth there might have been long lines of angels waiting to pick up a fruit.

What if angels are solar powered. Perhaps their "wings" are giant solar arrays. My guess is that their physiology is different to ours. They don't marry so perhaps they don't have sex organs. Perhaps they don't have a digestive system. What if their source of sustenance is electromagnetic energy. I dunno.......

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Members

vege-pizza? and mangos?

thumbsup

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

vege-pizza? and mangos?

hmmmm mangos? mango stains are hard to get out i don't think that would be allowed.

Einstein

• Moderators

Fresh mangos off the tree? Have you not tasted those?

Of course!

But angels always have nice white robes. Juice dripping from angel's chin? Come on Stan.

Einstein

Maybe angels wear bibs when they eat mangoes. Or they could slice big pieces of manna and put fresh mango preserves on the slices? They would still need the bibs, though...

LOL

• Members

Good point EC.

phkrause

That's what I thought too. I think I heard somewhere that manna was Angel food.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Administrators

Not angel food cake? *says, all dejected*

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators

Feel sorry for the heavenly angels if they don't eat. They are missing out on some good stuff.

Einstein

I have never thought about it! And now that you've asked, I don't know know where to start.

I am not aware of anything in the Bible or Ellen White's writings that even mention it. I guess the light from God and Heaven?

Luke 12:32 NKJV

I am curious about the theory that angels are not immortal. Does that mean that they die? If so, is there more of them being made? Also what is the biblical reference to them not getting married or reproducing?

MT-

Coming from a biblical perspective (as opposed to mere speculation), angels are not unconditionally immortal any more than humans are (again, from a biblical perspective). The soul that sins (human or angel) will die; because the wages of sin are death. The last chapters of Revelation are clear that evil angels will be destroyed along with evil people and satan in the lake of fire after the millennium. In sticking with the topic, I guess that means evil angels eat fire and brimstone! :)

The bible is silent about whether God continuously creates more angels. As far as angels reproducing, Genesis talks about the sons of God (which I think are angels; but that's speculation) mated with the daughters of men; and their offspring became mighty men which were of old, men of renown, or nephilim. Whether or not angels could mate with each other, I don't know; but (speculation again), IMO - no.

Speculation again - I think God will replace the angels who were kicked out of heaven with humans that are in the Kingdom; and we'll all eat manna (hopefully with the occasional mango)!

What does your faith teach?

My religion does not teach anything about angels at all so....... LOL

We do believe in beings from other realms, and angels would fit in that catagory. One of the only things we believe about that is that they are all very different from us and trying to understand them from a human stand point is pretty much a waste of time.

On a side note, getting members of my order discussing anything Biblical is almost funny cause we have all come from very intense Christian backgrounds - Catholic, Baptist and SDA.

• Administrators

JoeMo would that manna be chocolate favored, and do you think we could dip our mango in chocolate sauce? Just askin rollingsmile

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Not Chocolate - O My!! Really good SDA's don't eat chocolate (I guess that makes me a Badventist)

It would have to be carob or hazelnut... yucky

• Members

heheheheheh

phkrause

• Members
LOL

phkrause