ClubAdventist is back!

Protection from the Big Storm

Please pray for those in the direct path of Hurricane Sandy as well as those of us more-inland. Please pray for my elderly mother's home as well. Thank you!

Maggie

• Members

Please pray for those in the direct path of Hurricane Sandy as well as those of us more-inland. Please pray for my elderly mother's home as well. Thank you!

Maggie

Will definitely be praying for all those in the path of this storm.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

Maggie!!! So nice to see you back again!

My son and daughter-in-law will be in the direct path of Frankenstorm, too, as well as a few of our members here. We will be praying! I think I will be praying through Psalm 91- it's so great to help us focus on God's protection.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

Heard from someone today that the storm was downgraded to a TS. Not that a lot of rain isn't bad, but have not verified with the news as of yet.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

Oh, good! Then it just becomes like entertainment. :)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Actually, the information I'm getting now is that it is due to crash into 2 other weather systems while over land and could be the largest storm in history.

I saw one FB post from Hagerstown, MD that said that all the schools are closed as well as the government offices and all transportation.

My chickies!!!

Tom, any news from your corner?

• Administrators

Thanks, Gordon! Much appreciated :)

• Administrators

The GC Offices are closed ... it appears that NAD is posponed

Gail, Praying for your babies

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Administrators

I just spoke with Kevin on the phone and they have sandbagged their place. They live across the street from a creek that has been known to flood the neighbourhood. As he and Seren live on the ground floor of their place, flooding is their main concern.

There are large trees all around and he is expecting something to come down.

He is expecting the power to fail, too, so he said they have their campstove out and will use up the food from the freezer. He foresees a 2 days to a week waiting period to regain power.

He is planning to keep his phone charged and I will talk to him again tomorrow, after the worst of it is over. The brunt of the storm is expected from about midnight tonight to 6:00 EST.

So it sounds like they are prepared. I told him about Psalm 91 and to use all their African survival skills. I told him I love them and will be praying for them!

Here's hoping no one gets hurt from falling trees or floods!

• Members

Not only that, they are still calling it a Hurricane. Most business's are closed today and probably most will close tomorrow. Also most state employee's have been told to stay home today and maybe even tomorrow.

phkrause

I am an energy risk manager by profession. Latest news - this is the largest and strongest NE storm since records started being kept. Top winds are still 90 mph. Hurricane force winds extend out about 50 miles from the eye of the storm. Tropical storm winds extend out about 150 miles. 20ft+ waves will affect the ocean and the Great Lakes as far west as Chicago. Record snow is expected above 4,000 ft. in the Appalachians. It's very possible that subway and utility tunnels under Manhattan Island could be flooded with ocean water. If the storm follows the path predicted,storm surge will exceed that of TS Irene a year ago.

Everyone who can leave the main storm warning area should leave! My daughter didn't leave New Orleans when the evacuation orders were given for Katrina. She lost everything; and was trapped for over 3 weeks. If possible be your own (or a loved one's) answer to your prayers and get yourself (and/or loved ones) out of harm's way!

I have been praying all today for those who have no alternatives but to stay. I pray especially for the poor, elderly, homeless, and emergency utility, police, and fire protection people; as well as emergency health care providers.

Father, put a protective hedge aound them! In Jesus Name!

• Members

AMEN

phkrause

• Administrators

pk, are you in MASS? How's the weather there?

• Members

Its raining and getting windier by the minute

phkrause

• Administrators

I am happy that you spoke to Kevin I know how much better it makes you feel. They are proven survivors ... will still keep them and all the others in serious prayer.

• Administrators

Originally Posted By: JoeMo

AMEN

Amen/2

It's very possible that subway and utility tunnels under Manhattan Island could be flooded with ocean water.

These are the kind of catastrophes which can wreck a country if widespread.

• Members

According to the news here, Sandy has been downgraded to a super storm. No longer a catagory 1 hurricane.

phkrause

• Administrators

Well, in any case, he's ready now!

post-710-140967458985_thumb.jpg

Our prayers have been answered. It is no longer a hurricane.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

No but its still causing much damage and flooding to the coast line of the northeast, from Maryland up to Maine.

phkrause

• Administrators

And prayers for Kev and Seren were answered, too! Thank you, all!

They still have power and no flooding! Awesome!

The SOP talks about how these disasters will get worse as time goes on and because much of the population of this world lies near to coastline where hurricanes/cyclones/typhoons, earthquakes, tsunamis will do their worst.

I just wonder how much mercy will be invoked with prayer for these places...

Just a thought. Anyways, thanks again for prayers! As I watched on livecams how things progressed yesterday I thought about Jesus calming the storm for the disciples on the Sea of Galilee.

• Administrators

No but its still causing much damage and flooding to the coast line of the northeast, from Maryland up to Maine.

I am hoping that the worst of it is over. Still praying for those wading through water and also for those in the blizzard. Our member puddles is without power.