ClubAdventist is back!

Request

cricket

Please pray for our family. For my husband to find a job. We have been out of work for 11 months and our savings (including our retirement savings) will be completely used by February.

Thank you.

• Administrators

Of course!

I will add your name to my prayer journal so that I don't forget. Please let us know when things change!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

I have known so many friends of late who are in the same predicament. :(

I hope and pray it gets resolved soon, too!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Hi Cricket, nice to see you. I'll be praying for you and your family as well.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Members

awww Cricket... sent a prayer off for your family just now..

(miss you a lot!)

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

Please pray for our family. For my husband to find a job. We have been out of work for 11 months and our savings (including our retirement savings) will be completely used by February.

Thank you.

Will be praying for you and family. I do know what your going through. Was out of work for over 2 years before I had to retire. Was really praying that I could work till 70, but than God had a different idea for us. I believe some of the problems are there are less jobs available, at least in the printing industry, this was definitely the case. When companies started laying off many back in '06-'08, they started seeing they could do just as much with less employees, so when things started getting better, why rehire, or if they rehired why not hire someone that will take less money. We also lost our savings and all our retirement money and the crash of '07-'08 took about 1/3 of our retirement money. So I'm very sorry to see your in this place.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Thank you.

I'm not sure your situation, Cricket, but my son was out of work in the welding industry for a similar period of time. I'm not sure of his spiritual journey but since I keep all my children before God in prayer, I'm pleased to think the job he now has as indicated by him as being very satisfactory, came at least partially as a result of those prayers.

The difference for you might be found in this Word from our Lord.

“I also tell you this: If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you.""Matthew 18:19 NLT

The last time I remember praying with someone and claimed that promise was for Susan Boyle and look where she is now. It could be debatable whether one thinks that's a blessing or not.

We'll be praying for your husband to find satisfying work that meets your families needs.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Thank you, LifeHiscost. Your words are uplifting and give me hope for our future. I thank you also, for remembering us in your prayers.

We are ready to go where God leads.

Quote:
We are ready to go where God leads.

Sometimes when things don't seem to me to be going anywhere useful, especially when I consider my usefulness to God, I sense the need to remember it's not so much what I can do for Him as what He can do for me. As one person so aptly put it, "It's not about you, it's all about Jesus!" I've become a great deal less agitated under circumstances difficult to understand, since remembering, Jesus has never said I must understand everything before His will can be accomplished, I like this advice given through Paul as inspired by the Holy Spirit.

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therein to be content."Philippians 4:11 ASV

Not always easy for me to settle for but as I relinquish my desires to His Sovereignty, it isn't long before peace is in control.

"...and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."Philippians 4:7 NKJV

My hope is for you and yours to have a happysabbath.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

We have had some good news this week.

I've started to do some part-time care for a friend of mine whose mother-in-law is recovering from a stroke. It's not a lot of pay, but just doing it to help out someone who really needs it is fulfilling.

My husband is still searching, but one of his leads finally called back and is offering some consulting work. We're not sure if it will be full-time or part, but it's also a job from which he will find some fulfillment. He is also hopeful about another lead which would be only 4 days a week, but with benefits and better pay.

Please, keep praying for us! In 10 days, it will be a full year since he's last worked for pay.

Thank you for your prayer support and for hanging in there with us!

• Administrators

Thanks for the update, Cricket! That is an encouraging step. We will continue to pray :)

Life keeps changing, moving in new directions...

This week I applied for a full-time teacher's aide position at a local, public elementary school. I'm not convinced that it's a job I'd be completely satisfied with, but it would mean insurance and a small addition to our income. Please pray that if this is the Lord's will, it is a job they'll select me for.

The woman I've been caring for has suffered another stroke. She's in the hospital right now, but it might be the case that I end up caring for her more full-time. So, if this is what God wants for me, I'm ready to step up to that challenge too! Please pray that she'll have a full recovery (she is my best friend's mother-in-law).

The consultant opportunity for my husband is shaping up. More steps have been taken and we're waiting to hear on a board-level decision. An other opportunity is opening as well for him. Please continue to keep us in your prayers.

• Administrators

Yes, Cricket, will pray for both your husband and your career opportunities. Also, will pray that God's will be done in the recovery of your friend and patient.

FWIW I don't know that I ever had a position that I was completely happy with, but all have proven invaluable in my total life's experience.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Members

Yes cricket, will continue to keep you in our prays.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Thank you so much, everyone for continuing to keep us in your prayers.

An amazing answer to prayer has happened for us this past week. On Thursday, at precisely 1:00 p.m., my husband received a call from the recruiter he'd been working with. A job offer! It is a good job, with a good company, within driving distance of home. The offer came at exactly the time and date that marked our one year of unemployment status.

Sometimes, God makes me really happy!

He's yet to iron out the details, and the employment isn't yet "set in stone", but things are looking up for us--that's for sure.

Thank you all, again. And please, keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

• Members

Thank you so much, everyone for continuing to keep us in your prayers.

An amazing answer to prayer has happened for us this past week. On Thursday, at precisely 1:00 p.m., my husband received a call from the recruiter he'd been working with. A job offer! It is a good job, with a good company, within driving distance of home. The offer came at exactly the time and date that marked our one year of unemployment status.

Sometimes, God makes me really happy!

He's yet to iron out the details, and the employment isn't yet "set in stone", but things are looking up for us--that's for sure.

Thank you all, again. And please, keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

Praise the Lord, and yes will continue to pray.

phkrause

• Administrators

Right on! Praise the Lord for being a present help in trouble to your family! :)

excited

Praise the Lord!!!! I'm happy for y'all!

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

God is good!

Father, thanks you for blessing cricket's family. Continue the blessing now; and bring them prosperity and security! In Jesus name, Amen!