ClubAdventist is back!

Election Thoughts

Wow....this is stuff that Steven Corbert would use...Perhaps I should contact him and let him read OzarkWoman and Bonnie...Of course, he won't believe me when I show him....He will want to know if these are true people....

This is stuff that you just can't make up....

What? You don't like truth? That is one of the things that is wrong with this country, people getting their news from comedians.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• OzarkWoman

• Dr. Shane

• lazarus

What? You don't like truth? That is one of the things that is wrong with this country, people getting their news from comedians.

Don't let that bother.Shooting and then running works well for some

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

I am shocked at how low the populace has set the bar for their leaders. To re-elect someone so incompetent and dishonest is just so very sad for our country. Truly, the dumbing down of this country has worked and I am sorry to see the demise of such a one time great nation!

So hard to believe how well the dumbing down of this country has worked. But, it seems that most people are voting for themselves and not for the good of the country.

Honestly, if the Republicans can't beat Obama after his failed Presidency then they should start all over and we should start some new political parties.

The people of this country don't care about the country and only care about themselves. It makes me sick but, this will bring the end that much sooner and it must happen and as Christians we need to look at that as our future. This is not our home!

Welcome to the European America. Everyone can now go out and apply for the food stamps and whatever else from our bankrupt country!

:like::like:

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Truth???

How about comedians getting thier material from real people like you?

You guys have no clue how silly you sound...You are characters from SNL who believe the audacious and far fetch truths you have been fed from the likes of Drudge, FauxNews and the conservative political proproganda machine and others who only purpose is to undermine and feed the fear in our hearts....You can't even worship God in Truth and LOVE....

...you just eat this stuff up...You fear....so much and so badly...that you have become the characters of SNL.....

and it's sad....

the least you can do is contact Comedy Central or SNL and see if you can either pawn off some more of this stuff or sue them for infringement rights or intellectual content.....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Truth???

How about comedians getting thier material from real people like you?

You guys have no clue how silly you sound...You are characters from SNL who believe the audacious and far fetch truths you have been fed from the likes of Drudge, FauxNews and the conservative political proproganda machine and others who only purpose is to undermine and feed the fear in our hearts....You can't even worship God in Truth and LOVE....

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

I am shocked at how low the populace has set the bar for their leaders.

The Republicans lost because they gave the Latinos no where to go. Romney lost by less than 3 million votes. Over 11 million Latinos voted for Obama. Unlike African-American voters, the Latino vote is up for grabs. The governor of New Mexico is a Hispanic, female Republican. The newly elected senator from Texas is Hispanic. Of course Senator Rubio from Florida is Hispanic. Yet nearly 80% of Hispanics voted for Obama and it is not because he did anything for them. Obama deported more illegal immigrants than any other President. The reason Hispanics voted for him is because Romney was forced to take such a hard line in immigration during the primaries.

Republicans have a lot going for them in ideology. Most Americans want smaller government. But Republicans need to grasp the concept that our nation is a nation of immigrants and Spanish is not foul language.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

The Republicans lost because they gave the Latinos no where to go. Romney lost by less than 3 million votes. Over 11 million Latinos voted for Obama. Unlike African-American voters, the Latino vote is up for grabs. The governor of New Mexico is a Hispanic, female Republican. The newly elected senator from Texas is Hispanic. Of course Senator Rubio from Florida is Hispanic. Yet nearly 80% of Hispanics voted for Obama and it is not because he did anything for them. Obama deported more illegal immigrants than any other President. The reason Hispanics voted for him is because Romney was forced to take such a hard line in immigration during the primaries.

Republicans have a lot going for them in ideology. Most Americans want smaller government. But Republicans need to grasp the concept that our nation is a nation of immigrants and Spanish is not foul language.

So now we have to coddle the Latinos because they want all of the freebies and the amnesty and such as that? That is what makes me sick. If one is an American then damn it...call yourself an American and stop it with the hyphenated stuff. That means that they think of themselves as not Americans first. PERIOD!!!!

BTW...English is the language we speak in this country...not Spanish except the people who wish for everyone to cowtow to them.

So now we have to coddle the Latinos because they want all of the freebies and the amnesty and such as that? That is what makes me sick. If one is an American then damn it...call yourself an American and stop it with the hyphenated stuff. That means that they think of themselves as not Americans first. PERIOD!!!!

BTW...English is the language we speak in this country...not Spanish except the people who wish for everyone to cowtow to them.

There was a time immigrants became citizens and were americans.

Now each race is a sub group that needs to be wooed.

The needs and goals of all should be very similar.Home,family a job to support them and able to live freely as long as they are not harming others.We don't have that any more.

While there are many spanish speaking people english is still the language needed for most jobs and to communicate in business/health etc.

I have a Latino family as a close neighbor.He can get quite strident if referred to as a Latino or any other besides american. He went thru great hardship and sacrifice to get where he is without a high school education.Owns his own business,has a great family and helps new legal immigrants.If most of us were as direct as he was about some of what goes on with his own people we would be locked up for a hate crime

OK, I used to live in NM and worked the polls there. YES, illegals do vote and I know this for a fact. So get over yourself thinking the law is being followed. Spanish is only spoken all over the country because of immigration, illegal and legal. I can also tell you about the plethera of latinos that went from welfare and then when their 5 years ran out they immediately went on the SSI rolls. Please do n't act like you know all Latinos because you don't. Yes, they most certainly do want jobs, our jobs, talking about the illegals. I lived right in the middle of it all so I probably know about what I am talking about then you do.

OK, I used to live in NM and worked the polls there. YES, illegals do vote and I know this for a fact. So get over yourself thinking the law is being followed. Spanish is only spoken all over the country because of immigration, illegal and legal. I can also tell you about the plethera of latinos that went from welfare and then when their 5 years ran out they immediately went on the SSI rolls. Please do n't act like you know all Latinos because you don't. Yes, they most certainly do want jobs, our jobs, talking about the illegals. I lived right in the middle of it all so I probably know about what I am talking about then you do.

We have a lot of Latinos in MN.Some great hard working people among them.A real asset and then the other side of the story ignored. A friend works for the state of Mn here in the medicaid fraud unit. Her specific area is immigrants,legal and illegal and the fraud is staggering. Immigrants certainly are not the only ones but are very difficult to deal with. Illegals more so than any other.The fraudulent families are a revolving door.

The cost just in the county she covers is in the millions and then there is the cost of what she laughingly calls enforcement.

We have a lot of Latinos in MN.Some great hard working people among them.A real asset and then the other side of the story ignored. A friend works for the state of Mn here in the medicaid fraud unit. Her specific area is immigrants,legal and illegal and the fraud is staggering. Immigrants certainly are not the only ones but are very difficult to deal with. Illegals more so than any other.The fraudulent families are a revolving door.

The cost just in the county she covers is in the millions and then there is the cost of what she laughingly calls enforcement.

I know what she is going through. I used to work for the state and worked with the welfare fraud department. It is a mess and most people really have no idea the mess it is.

• Administrators

OK OW, let's not assume Latinos are recent immigrants, legal or otherwise, or that Spanish is somehow a recent language in America. When my ancestors arrive here on the Mayflower in 1620, Spanish settlers had already been here for more than 100 years. They are the ancestors of many Latinos living in the Southwest.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Quote:
" this will bring the end that much sooner and it must happen and as Christians we need to look at that as our future. This is not our home!"

:like:

I'm not sure that God wants every person to have this experience but in our home we have access to constant ideas presented that give me the sense that I'm entering enemy territory every time I step out the door or drive into town. Even so, come Lord Jesus!

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

And if you want to see some evidence of how God has tried to help His children to see that reality, Google the name Jack Darnall.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

OK OW, let's not assume Latinos are recent immigrants, legal or otherwise, or that Spanish is somehow a recent language in America. When my ancestors arrive here on the Mayflower in 1620, Spanish settlers had already been here for more than 100 years. They are the ancestors of many Latinos living in the Southwest.

I wonder if they were committing welfare fraud?

It isn't that immigration should not be allowed.There is no reason for any immigrant to assimilate into the country he has chosen,rather it is the country he has chosen will now assimilate to his ways.

Prior to the last few decades immigrants came in a more orderly fashion,were not the continual drain on our resources and did everything they could to assimilate into the host country

Just in interpreter costs at a medical clinic the finacial drain is tremendous.In Mn

Medi-Cal pays $24 for an established-patient visit, while interpreter services average $150-$180 an hour.

In Minnesota, Medicaid pays $36.25 per visit, while interpreter fees range between $70 and $90.

When immigrants legal or illegal refuse to learn english this cost is only a small but expensive part in the overall costs.

Your ancestors didn't do this or demand this.

Medi-Cal pays $24 for an established-patient visit, while interpreter services average $150-$180 an hour.

According to survey data the AMA provided to the government, Medicaid payments fall far below interpreters' fees. For example, in California, Medi-Cal pays $24 for an established-patient visit and $57.20 for a new-patient office visit. Yet interpreter services cost physicians an average of $150 to $180. In Minnesota, Medicaid pays $36.25 per visit, while interpreter fees range between $70 and $90.

And if you want to see some evidence of how God has tried to help His children to see that reality, Google the name Jack Darnall.

God blesses! peace

Ok, I Googled the name Jack Darnall. Not sure what I was supposed to see. Nothing jumped out at me. I saw there's a guy on facebook with that name.

Many on here miss the point. There are millions of Latinos here that should be Republicans. I know and work with many of them. I know small-business owners that vote Democrat as loyally as union members do. I have had lunch with them and laid out to them why I have more reason to vote Democrat than they do... and I have seen their eyes open and the light come on.

Yes there are immigrants that live off welfare. There are white folks that live off welfare too. In fact, more white folks are on welfare than immigrants. But even those can be targeted by the Republican Party.

The GOP has to get their message out. It goes like this. Welfare offers you a a $1,000 check to sit home and do nothing. A good job will give you a $1,000/week paycheck. Republicans support small businesses that will allow you to either earn that paycheck as a skilled worker or start a business of your own, make more than that and pay skilled workers working for you paychecks. So what do you vote for? Do you want the free $1,000/month check or the work-for-it $1,000/week paycheck. Most Latinos will vote for the paycheck. That is the message of the GOP but they do not target Latinos. That needs to change.

Like I said, there are millions of Latinos voting for Democrats that would be better served with Republicans in office.

Yes there are immigrants that live off welfare. There are white folks that live off welfare too. In fact, more white folks are on welfare than immigrants. But even those can be targeted by the Republican Party.

The GOP has to get their message out. It goes like this. Welfare offers you a a $1,000 check to sit home and do nothing. A good job will give you a $1,000/week paycheck.

No one has claimed that it is only a certain segment of our society that is guilty.

When I mentioned the friend that works in the fraud unit,her job is immigrants,legal and illegal.There are other area's and they cover whites or whoever? We cannot supervise US citizens that should be a whole lot easier to track and restrict,not even keeping our head above water in the immigration fraud because of the lack of records and knowing where they are.

Why does welfare offer anyone a 1000.00 month open ended time. Amazing what people can do if it is said You have till such and such a date,you will find a job or your 1000.00 a month will be cut off.If work simply cannot be found,you will take advantage of the educational opportunities.No excuses,no extension.

Free classes had to be cancelled here because of lack of interest. Computer and other skills that would help in the job search. No money or supplies needed.

The yoga and dance class that had a fee had to be split in two to handle the numbers

Yoga is well worth the time but that is another topic.

Again, Republicans lose because they do not target Latinos.

They don't have to change their message to target Latinos.

Latinos are hard working people.

Latinos are socially conservative.

Latinos are entrepreneur.

People that swim a river with undercurrents and walk through the desert so they can get a job picking onions and carrots have the kind of work ethic the Republican Party is full of. A lot of those workers coming out of the fields go home and run little business like catering, sewing, auto-repair, welding, etc. Them folks have no business voting Democrat.

Yoga is well worth the time but that is another topic.

Again, Republicans lose because they do not target Latinos.

They don't have to change their message to target Latinos.

Latinos are hard working people.

Latinos are socially conservative.

Latinos are entrepreneur.

People that swim a river with undercurrents and walk through the desert so they can get a job picking onions and carrots have the kind of work ethic the Republican Party is full of. A lot of those workers coming out of the fields go home and run little business like catering, sewing, auto-repair, welding, etc. Them folks have no business voting Democrat.

Latinos are like everyone else.Those willing to milk the system and those that aren't.They are not special because of the color of their skin.

Many soon become adjusted to the government check like anyone else