ClubAdventist is back!

salaries of denominational workers

rudywoofs (Pam)

• Members

I'm not quite certain where to put this topic, so tossed it in the air, and it landed here....

Today I discovered that the CFO of ADRA is paid nearly $120,000 annually. Isn't that a bit much??? Frankly, I can't think of any reason a church official should be paid that much.

Lest anyone think I'm making this up out of thin air, here's the link: ADRA info

Are ADRA employees paid out of the ADRA budget? Or are they paid by the GC? Enquiring minds want to know.....

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Upon joining the church it was stated that all positions were paid equally - a George Vandeman or conference pres.

received the same as the local pastor...

And what of the SDA hospital directors?

Oligarchs?

"All" positions are "NOT" paid equally..... AND... Hospital Administrators are paid considerably more than does the ADRA Director... Nuff Sed

• Members

I guess I didn't make my concern very clear.

ADRA is funded by donation, if I am not mistaken. Is the salary for the CFO taken out of the income from the ADRA donation budget? Or does the GC pay for his salary?

Either way, having such a high rate of pay for the officer of a RELIGIOUS NONPROFIT philanthropic organization seems a bit nonsensical.

And hiring an assistant director who has defrauded Medicare out of over $1million doesn't seem to make a very good case for financial stability for ADRA, either.

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

I had posted something earlier but it doesn't seem to be there anymore..must have hit a wrong button! But you pointed out something very important, what the person is being paid to do. What ever the business, there is alot of work involved, even charitable. It is the responsibility of the position and the ability to accomplish it that bring about a salary. There are alot of others factors involved in it also. I was suggesting that the head of ADRA may be even underpaid when compared to others, looks like that is correct.

I guess I didn't make my concern very clear.

ADRA is funded by donation, if I am not mistaken. Is the salary for the CFO taken out of the income from the ADRA donation budget? Or does the GC pay for his salary?

Either way, having such a high rate of pay for the officer of a RELIGIOUS NONPROFIT philanthropic organization seems a bit nonsensical.

And hiring an assistant director who has defrauded Medicare out of over $1million doesn't seem to make a very good case for financial stability for ADRA, either.

Personally,one of my favorite charities is the Salvation Army

According to the Salvation Army, Commissioners W. Todd Bassett and his wife Carol A. Bassett jointly received basic living allowances and grants totaling $64,210 for 2004 plus housing valued at $34,116. That is still considerably less than the salaries of some of the other top charities.

Marsha J. Evans, the president of the American Red Cross, was paid $651,957 in 2004. The president of the United Way is now Ralph Dickerson Jr. who's current salary is $420,000 per year, according to the Chronicle of Philanthropy.

UNICEF C.E.O. and President Caryl M. Stern earned $478,645 in 2009 according to a Better Business Bureau report. The Better Business Bureau also said that Brian Gallagher, CEO of The United Way earns $1,037,410 in 2008.

updated 12/7/10

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Members

FWIW, I had already looked at all the charities listed above by Tom. I wasn't concerned with those charities. I was concerned with ADRA. Only ADRA. I wasn't interested in comparison with other non-Adventist charitable organizations.

Okay. Since other people make as much or more than the CFO of ADRA, he obviously is underpaid. Let us start a petition to boost his salary. Shall we use change.org?

I imagine he needs a LOT more perks... hmmm. Housing stipend? Free travel...oops...he already has that. Free medical insurance for self and family? Discounted tuition for family? Increase of vacation time? Better retirement plan?

Sure showed rudywoofs, huh?

FWIW, I had already looked at all the charities listed above by Tom. I wasn't concerned with those charities. I was concerned with ADRA. Only ADRA. I wasn't interested in comparison with other non-Adventist charitable organizations.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

• Members

Bonnie, I agree with you. The Salvation Army would be my choice for a charitable donation...

Not to specifically implicate any person or organization, it is my understanding that certain charitable organizations have their roots based on principles found in Luciferianism or the occult. There's a solution to the possibilities that will be difficult to implement, that is for everyone to be rewarded according to their defined worth and that would be for all to be the strength we have to offer to the one who presents themselves to us on an individual basis. It would make the need for institutions unnecessary if that were a condition we couldn't live with. Lotsaluck with that solution. Especially since it ignores God's plan for one fold.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Not to specifically implicate any person or organization, it is my understanding that certain charitable organizations have their roots based on principles found in Luciferianism or the occult. There's a solution to the possibilities that will be difficult to implement, that is for everyone to be rewarded according to their defined worth and that would be for all to be the strength we have to offer to the one who presents themselves to us on an individual basis. It would make the need for institutions unnecessary if that were a condition we couldn't live with. Lotsaluck with that solution. Especially since it ignores God's plan for one fold.

God blesses! peace

I would guess rudywoofs was not offering a solution. The only "solution" for each one of us is give when we can to where we think it will do the most good and be used in the best way possible

Okay, no comparisons...He or she is not being paid too much! The church does not pay comparable salaries to the outside world, so yes, people quite often work for less with the SDA organization. Perk, that goes with a great many jobs/positions, the higher up the ladder, even more.

So, since you have pointed out the salary and your unhappiness with it, what do you think this position deserves and why?

• Members

Like I said, the ADRA CFO is obviously underpaid, according to the consensus here. How much do you feel his salary should be increased, and why?

Quote:
The only "solution" for each one of us is give when we can to where we think it will do the most good and be used in the best way possible

:like: But may I add, despite the cynicism, ain't gonna happen this side of the Kingdom.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
The only "solution" for each one of us is give when we can to where we think it will do the most good and be used in the best way possible

:like: But may I add, despite the cynicism, ain't gonna happen this side of the Kingdom.

God blesses! peace

Yes we live in an inperfect world.Been problems since Adam and Eve

• Members

Like I said, the ADRA CFO is obviously underpaid, according to the consensus here. How much do you feel his salary should be increased, and why?

I do agree that he's underpaid per other CFOs, but I think there all overpaid. Its like baseball players, some are paid outrageous salaries.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

After checking out the salaries of the other charity CEOs, I think I'd rather give to ADRA. I presume the reverend that's head of the Catholic agency is a priest? I wonder what a single priest does with his $200,000.00+ salary?

• Moderators

I wonder what a single priest does with his $200,000.00+ salary?

That's a strange question. What does anyone do with any salary?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: Gerry Cabalo
I wonder what a single priest does with his $200,000.00+ salary?

That's a strange question. What does anyone do with any salary?

A single person, especially IF a priest who has vowed poverty, does not need $200k to live on.

Both good questions by Gerry & Lazarus:

What would a priest do with a 200K salary, or what does anyone do with a salary?

Was Christ on a salary? No.

Were the disciples on salary? No.

Or Abraham, Moses, Ezekiel or Paul? No.

Were their needs met - yes, God provided all, but not with a salary.

So where is the Biblical precedent for God's ministers receiving a salary? It wasn't Christ's example.