ClubAdventist is back!

18 US states petition to secede after Obama's victory

OzarkWoman

We know that this won't go anywhere but I would certainly move to a state that had seceded if they were able to. It does show how broken we are as a nation though.

Reports say that as of Sunday, November 11, 2012, 18 states have petitioned the Obama administration for secession from the union to "create [their] own new government." The petitions come within days of the presidential election.

The first petition came from Louisiana. The Examiner reports that on November 7, "Michael E" from Slidell, Louisiana, filed the petition at the White House "We the People" site, requesting that Louisiana be allowed to secede.

According to Regina Conley, reporting for Red Alert Politics, more than 8,000 Louisiana residents have signed the online petition to the Obama administration to allow the state of Louisiana to "withdraw peacefully from the United States of America and create its own new government."

The petition, citing the Declaration of Independence, said it is the right of the people to form a new government when the one in power is not the "consent of the governed."

The petition reads:

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

According to Red Alert Politics, on Friday, Micah H. from Arlington, Texas, followed Louisiana with a petition that now has over 5,000 signatures.

The Texas petition reads:

"The US continues to suffer economic difficulties stemming from the federal government’s neglect to reform domestic and foreign spending. The citizens of the US suffer from blatant abuses of their rights such as the NDAA, theTSA, etc. Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect it’s citizens’ standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government."

The Examiner reports that a petition from Oregon was started Saturday by "Kristopher W" of Tillamook. The petition states that Oregon would remain an ally of the United States and possibly vote to return to the Union as soon as "the citizens of Oregon felt the Federal Government was no longer imposing" tyrannical government "that cares nothing about the future of Oregon's children."

According to Red Alert Politics, other petitions were filed from 13 states.

Red Alert Politics says each petition on the White House site has 30 days to reach a threshold of 25,000 signatures in order for the Obama administration to consider the request.

According to Iroot.org, as of 6:39 pm, Sunday, petitions have been filed from 18 states. The following are the 18 states with number of petitions and links:

1. Louisiana, 10,296;

2. Texas, 9196;

3. Florida, 2392;

4. Alabama, 2492;

5. North Carolina, 2434;

6. Kentucky, 1934;

7. Mississippi, 1935;

8. Indiana, 1951;

9. North Dakota, 881;

10. Montana, 1538;

11. Colorado, 1805

12. Oregon, 1594;

13. New Jersey, 1492;

14. New York, 1727;

15. South Carolina, 117;

16. Arkansas, 86;

17. Georgia, 131;

18. Missouri, 149.

Red Alert Politics comments: "these petitions serve more to make a point than to present a serious proposition, they are a physical symbol of the deep resentment for the direction in which the United States is moving under the Obama administration."

Article

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• OzarkWoman

• lazarus

• Tom Wetmore

We know that this won't go anywhere but I would certainly move to a state that had seceded if they were able to. It does show how broken we are as a nation though.

How can you say this nation is broken We have had Obama for four years now

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Moderators

This is entertaining.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Administrators

Broken - no. That there is still freedom to start something like this should tell you that.

But I will agree that it is an indication of some pretty messed up thinking.

The one sort of successful venture into secessionism in this country was over the right to be able to enslave black people. We know how that turned out. And now the catalyst for that sort of idea is a black president...

Hmmm...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Moderators

The one successful venture into secessionism in this country was over the right to be able to enslave black people. And now the catalyst for that sort of idea is a black president...

Yes. You reminded me of a question I had. Are these secessionists the same kind of people who fought so vigorously to retain segregation?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Broken - no. That there is still freedom to start something like this should tell you that.

But I will agree that it is an indication of some pretty messed up thinking.

The one sort of successful venture into secessionism in this country was over the right to be able to enslave black people. We know how that turned out. And now the catalyst for that sort of idea is a black president...

Hmmm...

WRONG!! The War of Northern Agression was far more about other things than just about slavery. Your post proves you know only the revised edition of what the Civil War was about. It was about States' rights more than anything. In fact, Virginia had already started on the process of freeing the slaves. I really wish people would know more about the Civil War before posting the same old myths.

Originally Posted By: Tom Wetmore

The one successful venture into secessionism in this country was over the right to be able to enslave black people. And now the catalyst for that sort of idea is a black president...

Yes. You reminded me of a question I had. Are these secessionists the same kind of people who fought so vigorously to retain segregation?

How sad that you can't even see what has been and is happening right before your very eyes. Why is it that everything comes down to race with you libs anyway?

The world today is blinded from the truth about the "Civil War" just like they are the truth of the creation vs. evolution debate. They're blinded in the same way as well, misleading text books. The truth is that the North, Lincoln, etc. weren't as great as they claimed to be, and that they went to illegal measures for an unjust cause.

The public school system was used as a tool of the government and still is to skew the American mind into believing whatever it wants. For example: at the present time the school child has evolution drilled into their head as fact, even though it has already been accounted for as false. The public school system was put into effect after the North won the war. It's plan was to appeal with a free education, which it did. Then it used it's captives in it's scheme of confusing them about their parents cause. They were fed by such lies as the Confederates were prejudice slave-holders who beat black people for fun. This, of course, was very successful. Now a people who once believed in the federal government was here to help the states reach common goals, believe it's their supreme authority.

One of the lies that has already been mentioned is that the "Civil War" is over slavery. This is one of the most dead wrong statements that one could think of. First of all, 70 to 80 percent of Southern soldiers didn't even own slaves. People just don't get motivated enough to give up their life over whether their neighbor is going to be able to continue having something.

The next popular belief to destroy is that only white Southerners owned slaves. This one isn't even close to accurate. First things first, white men weren't the only slave holders. In fact, black men started slavery by enslaving their own people in Africa, but that's beside the point. In the 1830 American census, over 10,000 slaves were owned by other African-Americans.

I could go on an on but the libs will deny everything anyway.

Nope,the democrats are the ones that fought so vigorously against civil rights.The democrats are the ones the belonged to the KKK

Democrats founded the KKK, fought the 13th, 14th and 15th Amendments, instituted Jim Crow Laws, fought the 1965 Civil Rights Act

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

• Moderators

Nope,the democrats are the ones that fought so vigorously against civil rights.The democrats are the ones the belonged to the KKK

They all left and went to the GOP. Remember the southern strategy?

Einstein

This is entertaining.

More proof it doesn't take much to entertain a certain segment of society

Originally Posted By: bonnie

In part that is very true.That is what is wrong in this country

with politicians pimping themselves for votes.

When we have sub groups that demand special consideration,the pimping begins. This election required a great deal of pimping

As in anything a copy of the original can never quite measure up to the original.Whether it is Good or evil

Trying to copy the evil of those that embraced such hideous policies can never measure up but is still just as wrong

OZARKWOMAN

I read that it is up to 21 states now

dgrimm60

Well, that would not surprise me. I really wish that states could secede because this is no longer the United States of America.

Well, that would not surprise me. I really wish that states could secede because this is no longer the United States of America.

Well, Texas, you have done it.

As of 3:40 p.m. ET, more than 25,000 Texans have already signed the petition on The White House website to let Texas peacefully secede from United States of America and “create its own NEW government.”

The petition, created on Nov. 9, argues for secession, stating:

According to The White House, the petition must reach 25,000 signatures within 30 days in order to be considered.

“If a petition gets enough support, White House staff will review it, ensure it’s sent to the appropriate policy experts, and issue an official response,” explains the website.

If you would like to know about the process of creating petitions on ‘We the People: your voice in our government‘ section of the White House website, watch the video below:

Just last week, Rick Dunham explored differences between the U.S. and Texas that could lead to secession in his piece ‘Will Texas secede from Barack Obama’s America?’

And according to BuzzFeed’s Zeke Miller, Texas is not the only state whose residents are petitioning for secession, but is leading with the highest number of petitioners. Check out his list here.

• Administrators

The world today is blinded from the truth about the "Civil War" just like they are the truth of the creation vs. evolution debate. They're blinded in the same way as well, misleading text books. The truth is that the North, Lincoln, etc. weren't as great as they claimed to be, and that they went to illegal measures for an unjust cause.

The public school system was used as a tool of the government and still is to skew the American mind into believing whatever it wants. For example: at the present time the school child has evolution drilled into their head as fact, even though it has already been accounted for as false. The public school system was put into effect after the North won the war. It's plan was to appeal with a free education, which it did. Then it used it's captives in it's scheme of confusing them about their parents cause. They were fed by such lies as the Confederates were prejudice slave-holders who beat black people for fun. This, of course, was very successful. Now a people who once believed in the federal government was here to help the states reach common goals, believe it's their supreme authority.

One of the lies that has already been mentioned is that the "Civil War" is over slavery. This is one of the most dead wrong statements that one could think of. First of all, 70 to 80 percent of Southern soldiers didn't even own slaves. People just don't get motivated enough to give up their life over whether their neighbor is going to be able to continue having something.

The next popular belief to destroy is that only white Southerners owned slaves. This one isn't even close to accurate. First things first, white men weren't the only slave holders. In fact, black men started slavery by enslaving their own people in Africa, but that's beside the point. In the 1830 American census, over 10,000 slaves were owned by other African-Americans.

I could go on an on but the libs will deny everything anyway.

OK...

ayeyiyi

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

OK...

ayeyiyi

Thank you. I said what I said because on this, I know the truth, as opposed to the myths that have been passed down through the generations and the idiot public education system in this country.

Also, most people think Lincoln was some sort of wonderfully non-racist person. This is also an untruth. He did come to change a bit during his term as President but he was a very racist man.

Originally Posted By: bonnie

We know they all didn't leave but some did. The southern strategy (now left way in the past) did play off from racial tensions much like Obama does today. This past election has left the country more divided among demographic lines than any time in recent history. Under Obama racial tensions have increased and divisions have become stronger. Perhaps it would be fitting to call it the Chicago Strategy.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

Under Obama racial tensions have increased and divisions have become stronger.

Yep. Mlk was blamed for racial tension too! Nothing new there.

Einstein

Originally Posted By: Shane

Yes MLK did increase tensions among some. For altogether different reasons and with far better results than Obama.

Altho Obama has been more successful in a shorter amount of time in accomplishing his goals.MLK was a man that wanted all men to be treated like men. That is not Obama's goal

Obama's re-election says as much about those that support him and voted for him as it does about the man himself.

The contrast between the campaign Romney ran compared to that of Obama shows a stark difference in the men.

An ad so filled with obscene profanity it needed frequent bleeping to even air.Romney refuses to stoop to the level of this man forbid an ad referencing frequent cocaine use.

Obama ads and statements calling Romney basically a murderer

and a felon.No proof but when it comes out of the mouth of a liberal it becomes gospel.

The last couple of weeks Romney focused on the economy,Obama focused on Romney as he has done with Bush since his election.

Maybe he should have focused on four dead americans,calling Obama a murderer.

Obama is championed and adored for his line up of friends and acquaintances that are either marxsists/socialists,communists/a terrorist/foul mouthed rappers.He loves going on what some really think is entertainment TV,programming that takes a special mind to call it that.

Romney was hated,ridiculed and mocked because he actually worked,he produced jobs,he shared of his wealth freely,Obama shares the wealth of others and calls it "christian giving"

Those that support the "virtures" of a man see and support what they see in themselves or hope to be.

Romney may have lost the election but we have all lost a great deal more,none more so than those that support him.There is not always honor being or supporting the winner

• Administrators

Originally Posted By: Tom Wetmore
OK...

ayeyiyi

Thank you. I said what I said because on this, I know the truth, as opposed to the myths that have been passed down through the generations and the idiot public education system in this country.

Also, most people think Lincoln was some sort of wonderfully non-racist person. This is also an untruth. He did come to change a bit during his term as President but he was a very racist man.

Your post was a misinterpretation and ultimately a misrepresentation, of my reaction just like your "Lost Cause" theory (I wouldn't call it history...) of the "War of Northern Aggression".

For those that would appreciate an objective effort to sort out fact from wistful or wishful thinking of the Lost Cause revisionist history of the Civil War, here is an informative article - http://voices.yahoo.com/an-analysis-post-civil-war-attitudes-south-200830.html?cat=37

And yes, the author does have some credibility. He has a Masters in History, just like OzarkWoman. (Next, we can have a duel between Phd's in history...)

This Southern populist theory of the Civil War has basically been debunked by objective historians despite recent resurgence in some quarters reacting to the affront of having a black president of these United States. IMHO what we see now in this recent secessionist movement is a resurrection of idea that "The South WIll Rise Again."

For more about the Lost Cause - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Cause_of_the_Confederacy

• Administrators

Originally Posted By: Shane

It's always easy to blame the black guy... reyes

One most go to the heart of the matter, the true source of the "racial tension" to understand who causes it.

It is easy to look at the reaction to something and assume that what it is reacting to is the cause of the reaction. But in this case, the tension is simply a self induced integral part of the reaction. It is is the reaction. People get tense around people different from themselves. That tension within has little to do with the other people.

• Administrators

And this perhaps help explain what really is at the heart of this secessionist movement - http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/map-pinpoints-election-online-hate-tweets-article-1.1199402

Racism by any other name is still racism. It's not because he is a Democrat or pushing a Democratic agenda. Its because he is a black democrat.

Let's not candy coat it as some romantic notion of state's rights or freedom or self rule or whatever.

And this perhaps help explain what really is at the heart of this secessionist movement - http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/map-pinpoints-election-online-hate-tweets-article-1.1199402

Racism by any other name is still racism. It's not because he is a Democrat or pushing a Democratic agenda. Its because he is a black democrat.

Let's not candy coat it as some romantic notion of state's rights or freedom or self rule or whatever.

A Peanut butter and jelly sandwich is also racist.

Because many project racism on everyone else does not make it so.It is not because he is black or a democrat.It is because of who and what Obama is

It's always easy to blame the black guy... reyes

One most go to the heart of the matter, the true source of the "racial tension" to understand who causes it.

It is easy to look at the reaction to something and assume that what it is reacting to is the cause of the reaction. But in this case, the tension is simply a self induced integral part of the reaction. It is is the reaction. People get tense around people different from themselves. That tension within has little to do with the other people.

And your thoughts shall be accepted as gospel by some.I have never been tense in the presence of true friends of any skin color.Again,maybe that is a problem for you and believe it has to be so for everyone else.