ClubAdventist is back!

18 US states petition to secede after Obama's victory

OzarkWoman

I was certainly disappointed that Romney lost but it hasn't anything to do with the fact he is white and Obama is black or a democrat .At times I was upset that Romney didn't slither down where Obama was. .But had he done so and won I would have quietly had some severe doubts about the man I threw my support behind,even if I still thought he would make a better president. Sometimes the stronger,better man wins by losing. You can slither to the top of the tree and be adored and championed while still being the man that slithered at the bottom.

Romney was described as "slithering " away a short time ago.He still did it like the man he is

The men and women Obama has placed in positions of government describe in quite clear terms what type of man Obama is. Those supporting/dancing /cheering have given him a clearance for his core values and accepted them .Not everyone a politicians places in position of leadership will view an issue exactly the same,but they have the same goals.The examples are to numerous to mention

If you can condone Obama's values in the following for the children of non SDA's,it should certainly be acceptable for SDA children

The man that Obama is has been reflected in his appointments of some very questionable people with some very strange core values

Sunstien argues that citizens’ rights exist only to the extent that they are granted by the government, We are told that this day will come and not by anyone "nice"

A man placed in a position laughingly called....

Barack Obama’s “Safe Schools Czar” was the keynote speaker at the GLSEN/Boston Conference at Tufts University in 2000. High school students at the conference learned about fisting and watersports from the GLSEN activists. Jennings is seen here holding the conference program. (Via Mass Resistance)Obama's Homosexual “Safe School Czar” Tells God “Screw You, Buddy” in Memoir

Obama knew this and accepted it as educational for our children. Obama and his supporters are all in favor of the educational pursuit of fisting, Fisting kits were handed out to those attending.If they weren't they would have no part of attending,speaking at or in anyway lending their presence to something like this.

The obscene lying ads were thought to be great by those that support Obama and his core values.Or dismissed as everyone does it.They don't.They went about as low as possible to go

You don't even have to touch on his failing policies to see the core values of Obama.

As for it being because he is a black democrat,that is a slap in the face to what I think or did think might be more accurate of the black race in general. As for democrat,not surpising but I did think there were enough people left in this country with a different type of core values that they would hesitate to be so blatant.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• OzarkWoman

• lazarus

• Tom Wetmore

Originally Posted By: lazarus
Yep. Mlk was blamed for racial tension too! Nothing new there.

It's always easy to blame the black guy... reyes

One most go to the heart of the matter, the true source of the "racial tension" to understand who causes it.

It is easy to look at the reaction to something and assume that what it is reacting to is the cause of the reaction. But in this case, the tension is simply a self induced integral part of the reaction. It is is the reaction. People get tense around people different from themselves. That tension within has little to do with the other people.

You really do project a lot. Obama is not being blamed because he is HALF black, but because he is a progressive liberal and his ideas have not worked, but instead made the country worse off.

Also, not everyone is tense around people who are different. Many of us actually embrace that fact. I do really resent you projecting racism into every argument and calling those of us who don't Obama's policies as racist. That is what you did basically and because you sugar coat the way it is posted you get away with it. I don't sugar coat things and that would be why I have been threatened with being banned.

To make statements that was made others make a large assumption about what other people think. When I stop and chat with my latino neighbor,it has never occurred to me to be tense. I don't stand there and think he is different.He has a beautiful family he is very protective of and takes care of,he wants a decent home,a job,and to be treated like a man. If he were to stand there and always remind me he was Latino and needed special consideration because of that,I would be tense.

When my granddaughters have brought home black boyfriends none of the family became tense. We have a black family in our small church which is unusual for us because of our location and that most blacks prefer the black church. No one was tense when he came. He soon became elder,SS teacher and gives sermon in the absence of the pastor.All of us rather than being tense would be very sad to see him go elsewhere.

The only "different people" people I am tense around are those that are hanging on to their racial identity like a toddler does with a security blanket.As long as they have that,everything is right in their world.

When my sons brought Latino girls home and married them,I didn't know I was supposed to be tense.My nephew married a beautiful little gal that immigrated from Mexico(legally)

Rather than any in the family being tense we were anxious to meet her and welcome her

One thing that has changed however is I would have to stop and think thru being receptive to those "different" from me at this time

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

• Administrators

You really do project a lot. Obama is not being blamed because he is HALF black, but because he is a progressive liberal and his ideas have not worked, but instead made the country worse off.

Also, not everyone is tense around people who are different. Many of us actually embrace that fact. I do really resent you projecting racism into every argument and calling those of us who don't Obama's policies as racist. That is what you did basically and because you sugar coat the way it is posted you get away with it. I don't sugar coat things and that would be why I have been threatened with being banned.

Not sure its me doing the projection. You seem to be doing the reverse of projecting, taking a general observation as being personal or about you. It wasn't.

I was responding to the topic of the petitions to secede and the possible reasons underlying that foolishness. Just as Lost Cause revisionist historians deny that the Civil War and the Southern states secession that preceded it had anything to do with slavery, so the current reaction to Obama being president is not about racism. OK, it wasn't/isn't the only thing, but it was/is a very critically significant and obvious factor.

As many have observed, just look at the demographic make up of the convention delegates of the respective parties and look at the photos/videos of the post election celebration in Chicago and that of the gathering for Romney in Boston for his concession speech. Huge and plainly obvious difference. It is no wonder Romney lost since his campaign was consistently ignoring/overlooking/ bypassing/alienating/excluding several substantial demographic segments of the people of the country. Call it what you will, it boils down to racism to some extent or another.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Call it what you will, it boils down to racism to some extent or another.

Yes, you do seem quite obsessed with race. Maybe you should try to get help that.

Quote:
Not sure its me doing the projection. You seem to be doing the reverse of projecting, taking a general observation as being personal or about you. It wasn't.

I was responding to the topic of the petitions to secede and the possible reasons underlying that foolishness. Just as Lost Cause revisionist historians deny that the Civil War and the Southern states secession that preceded it had anything to do with slavery, so the current reaction to Obama being president is not about racism. OK, it wasn't/isn't the only thing, but it was/is a very critically significant and obvious factor.

As many have observed, just look at the demographic make up of the convention delegates of the respective parties and look at the photos/videos of the post election celebration in Chicago and that of the gathering for Romney in Boston for his concession speech. Huge and plainly obvious difference. It is no wonder Romney lost since his campaign was consistently ignoring/overlooking/ bypassing/alienating/excluding several substantial demographic segments of the people of the country. Call it what you will, it boils down to racism to some extent or another.

Look at the demographics that voted Obama.

Every thing concerning Obama is race related as far as many of you are concerned.Never enters your mind that it is the man behind the skin color.

I think it was roughly 96% of the black vote that went to Obama.Voting skin color,no racism there?

Then of course the takers turned out in large numbers.

I am not sure if Herman Cain is bi-racial or 100% black,doesn't matter.I certainly along with many others would have voted for him,and not based on his skin color

Yes, you do seem quite obsessed with race. Maybe you should try to get help that.

Any disagreement or dislike of what Obama is doing must be based on race,what else have they got to defend and back this man.

It is funny how this kind of backlash was not seen the first time Obama was elected.Of course those that voted against him were racist,that is the only possible reason that would happen.But most of the public must have been living in a cave.Any reading of his background and listening to him speak told you exactly who he was.

His first term appointments and the "character" of those like the safe school czar should have filled in the blanks.

Now we have good evidence of what this man represents.Now suddenly it must be race,only answer.

• Moderators

I think it was roughly 96% of the black vote that went to Obama.Voting skin color,no racism there?

Folks voted for Clinton in the same numbers. That assertion is totally false.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Originally Posted By: bonnie

Maybe they voted Obama because they like how well the black community is doing.I suppose that is possible

You mean the one that rated the first black president?

Nothing,not a word or action a minority race speaks or does can be considered racist.

Disliking what a president does if he is black has only one reason.Racism

Another truly "brilliant"statement on race.

Quote:
When she got her chance to comment, Giles said, "It's been weird to watch white people report on this."

"You know when you just showed that graph of the decline in the numbers," she continued, "I thought, 'Maybe that's why they're trying to eliminate all these abortions and stuff. They're trying to build up the race."

Once again - WOW!

Maybe someone should tell this poor racist that blacks are the biggest target of abortions

• Moderators

Nothing,not a word or action a minority race speaks or does can be considered racist.

So you accept that black folks didn't vote for Obama because he's black.

Take the black vote. In the six presidential races between 1984 and 2004, Republicans' support among blacks never exceeded 12 percent.

The choice has previously been between two whites. Perhaps black people thought the previous candidates were black I guess.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

So you accept that black folks didn't vote for Obama because he's black.

Take the black vote. In the six presidential races between 1984 and 2004, Republicans' support among blacks never exceeded 12 percent.

The choice has previously been between two whites. Perhaps black people thought the previous candidates were black I guess.

Blacks voted in the past for those that would give them the most.How much better when the one to do that is half black,except he isn't doing such a great job for them

• Moderators

Blacks voted in the past for those that would give them the most.

Are you saying that black people vote for different reasons than whites. They don't for the good of the country or try to pick the best leader but their priority is what they can get. Is that what you are saying?

Einstein

Are you saying that black people vote for different reasons than whites. They don't for the good of the country or try to pick the best leader but their priority is what they can get. Is that what you are saying?

In this day and age,Yes,just as any minority group does. They may be white welfare recipients that decide it is easier to live on welfare.Two thirds voted for Obama,it maybe Latinos that decide to come illegally.

Is it like the hard working black family that lives two blocks away.No. Not highly educated but highly regarded.My Latino neighbor is not in the voting block that wanted Obama so they could get either. He is personally disgusted by the behavior

The contrast between the majority of black families I knew three decades ago to a great many today is extreme. They weren't threatening to riot if the man of their choice was not elected.Their families were important to them and intact.But the same holds true of most families then

The current poor has been elevated to a pedastal because they are poor

• Administrators

Quite true. And it also does not account for why such a large percentage of Latinos also voted for Obama. He is not Latino.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Originally Posted By: lazarus

Quite true. And it also does not account for why such a large percentage of Latinos also voted for Obama. He is not Latino.

No he isn't,but for those wanting the hand outs,free phones and other goodies he will do till one comes along,of course if he is liberal.

• Moderators

In this day and age,Yes,just as any minority group does. They may be white welfare recipients that decide it is easier to live on welfare.Two thirds voted for Obama,it maybe

You've fallen for the racist lies abut black people on welfare. What percentage of welfare recipients are black? Do you know that? There MAY be white welfare recipients?Ignorance is dangerous!!

Einstein

In this day and age,Yes,just as any minority group does. They may be white welfare recipients that decide it is easier to live on welfare.Two thirds voted for Obama,it maybe

You've fallen for the racist lies abut black people on welfare. What percentage of welfare recipients are black? Do you know that? There MAY be white welfare recipients?Ignorance is dangerous!!

No,what happens is you read race,specifically black race into anything

It pretty well covers all color lines

They may be white welfare recipients that decide it is easier to live on welfare.Two thirds voted for Obama,it maybe

Two thirds of those classified as poverty level voted for Obama. What percentage of those were white or latino,black or any other color,matters little.Maybe the two thirds was referring to white recipients.

Color doesn't make any difference as far as I am concerned

Along with ignorance being dangerous,so is misrepresenting what someone says

If you are trying to imply I think it only black families that abuse the system and use their poverty as a club,you are quite wrong.

Poverty is not a new occurrence for many of us.Doesn't make any of us unique and special,regardless of the color of your skin.

The difference between now and a few decades ago looks like two different species.Not color wise,behavior wise.

When we became foster parents in 1969 the first few years did not resemble the later years.

Our first family was black.Three of the most well mannered,well raised children you could imagine.This held true for those that followed whether white,latino or Native American.The mother of the first three children was married to a white man who was very abusive.She left him and raised her children without welfare.It was tough for her as she lacked an education.It was easy to see by the children's clothing there was a lot of making do.It was worn and sometimes a little short but mended and clean. She needed surgery and put it off as long as possible and then lacking anyone to care for her children finally had to turn to the welfare and to trust strangers. She called every night and said their prayers with them and told them to mind their manners.I cannot imagine having to leave my children that small with strangers. In spite of how poor she was and how tough things must have been for her,there was a dignity about her you could not miss.

Fast forward to the last years we cared for foster children.

Demanding,rude and belligerant. Parents were quite vocal as to what I owed them because I was white.Going so far as to tell the children they didn't have to thank us for anything we gave them,after all we were paid to do that.Without the money don't think those white people would let you in their house.

I am referring first to the black children because you seem to think I dislike the black race.

You can tell me it is all andecdotal as often as you wish. We were blessed to have a experienced ,tough social worker that had lived this every day for over thirty years.We did it for over ten years.She was a lot more knowledgeable hands on than you are

After the first few years and the tough to handle kids just kept coming,I jokingly asked her what she had against me.

She said things were changing and we were reaping what we had sown with a screwed up welfare system.

Regardless of the skin color these children were not the same in anyway.They demanded only new,after all I was paid.My own children wore second hand clothing most of their lives.

Do chores,I must be out of my mind,I was paid,they were not.

From the early years to the last years these were poor families on welfare or those that needed temporary help.

Poverty was the same in the early years and at times worse,we weren't so generous.The later years the children came at times dirty,many times head lice,rude,arrogant and demanding.

Somehow that same poverty that is now used by all races as an excuse for delinquent children,dirty living conditions,the early years of foster care showed an altogether mindset.

When we offered to take the children to visit their mother before she could care for them full time,we found an old,shabby house,neat as a pin.

I do have a bit of impatience with the poverty excuses everything and you better give me by anyone.The ones with the excuses,black,white,red or any color in between support Obama for what they think he will give them

Quote:
....support Obama for what they think he will give them

The same can be said of why people serve God. The only difference is that God will continue to work for the welfare of His children until they no longer want Him to, while as soon as as the majority determines they're not going to get from Obama what they had placed him in office for, they can vote him out of office if he doesn't become a dictator first.

And also some people serve God for Who He is, no matter they might suffer disappointment, while it's doubtful anyone supports Obama for who he is except his parents.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

OK everyone....want to about racism and/or race? Then start your own thread about it. How about talking about the states that have filed the petitions, which is what the thread is about. Always derailed by race and I am sick of it. I am sick of no matter what anyone says these days has to be racist if someone doesn't agree with you. STOP it and grow the heck up children!!!!

OK everyone....want to about racism and/or race? Then start your own thread about it. How about talking about the states that have filed the petitions, which is what the thread is about. Always derailed by race and I am sick of it. I am sick of no matter what anyone says these days has to be racist if someone doesn't agree with you. STOP it and grow the heck up children!!!!

OW,it has to be race.If that is let go of then you have to look at the causes of the tension and concerns people have with Obama.That you don't see happening.

It is always race or the other guy.Obama is president,he is the one accountable for what he does and what that effect is having. But don't go there.

Obamacare is doing a fine job of hurting the small business and causing the layoffs and business failings,but if you look at that it gets really difficult to defend.

Answers expected concerning Benghazi,not going to happen.If this were Bush the forum would be practically burning down with attacks on Bush.Bush constantly and still accused of lying over WMD.Not important tho where and what Obama was doing as 4 americans were brutally murdered

Hurricane Sandy,all is well there right? Plenty of time to plan and be ready from the president on down.Didn't happen and is still a big mess.Then we have the verbal crucifixion of Bush over Katrina.

And it also does not account for why such a large percentage of Latinos also voted for Obama. He is not Latino.

I think it is pretty much agreed that blacks do vote more in blocks than Latinos. Every election survey I have ever seen have blacks voting for Democrats by over 90%. Obama got a little over 70% of the Latino vote. Bush got 45% of the Latino vote in 2004 which is what gave him the victory against Kerry.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity