ClubAdventist is back!

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming...

Robert

Originally Posted By: Robert

"The soul who sees Jesus by faith, repudiates his own righteousness. He sees himself as incomplete, his repentance insufficient, his strongest faith but feebleness, his most costly sacrifice as meager"

And is there someone here who disagrees with this?

Well, to some extent I do. After all, if every good gift is from above as the Scripture testifies, and we are beholden to God for each gift He chooses to give, should we be saying the gift of repentance He gives is insufficient? Or the righteousness He works out in us is less than what we need. Or we cannot believe what He has said we are able to do.

"

Now may the God of peace—

who brought up from the dead our Lord Jesus,

the great Shepherd of the sheep,

and ratified an eternal covenant with his blood—

may he equip you with all you need

for doing his will.

May he produce in you,

through the power of Jesus Christ,

every good thing that is pleasing to him.

All glory to him forever and ever! Amen.

I urge you, dear brothers and sisters, to pay attention to what I have written in this brief exhortation."

Hebrews 13:20-22 NLT

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Robert

• LifeHiscost

Well, to some extent I do. After all, if every good gift is from above as the Scripture testifies, and we are beholden to God for each gift He chooses to give, should we be saying the gift of repentance He gives is insufficient? Or the righteousness He works out in us is less than what we need. Or we cannot believe what He has said we are able to do.

God blesses! peace

I think something different was meant by the post being replied to.

Generally if there is anything positive to say about the actions of others as the article on this charity,it has to be demeaned in some way.

Even tho this person has stepped out and done far more than any of us.To acknowledge that somehow takes away or puts those that are good at telling the other guy what they should do in a bad light.Some need to make sure that all know"they haven't done so much" after all compared to Christ it is counted as nothing.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Robert

"The soul who sees Jesus by faith, repudiates his own righteousness. He sees himself as incomplete, his repentance insufficient, his strongest faith but feebleness, his most costly sacrifice as meager"

And is there someone here who disagrees with this?

I partially disagree with it. While I agree that the soul who sees Jesus by faith, repudiates his own righteousness, they should no longer see themselves as incomplete. In Christ we are made complete; and we are reconciled to God. When we see Jesus by faith, we are clothed in His righteousness; and the Father sees us as perfect. He who began a good work in me will be faithul to complete it. My own righteousness is as filthy rage; but Jesus' righteousness, which I wear, is purer and whiter than snow!

Quote:
I partially disagree with it. While I agree that the soul who sees Jesus by faith, repudiates his own righteousness, they should no longer see themselves as incomplete. In Christ we are made complete; and we are reconciled to God. When we see Jesus by faith, we are clothed in His righteousness; and the Father sees us as perfect. He who began a good work in me will be faithul to complete it. My own righteousness is as filthy rage; but Jesus' righteousness, which I wear, is purer and whiter than snow!

:like:

I pretty much see it the same way while I admit any gift that God gives me ends up somewhat skewed as a result of my carnal nature. However when I accept His gifts at face value, I am justified and accounted worthy of entrance into His kingdom according to the righteousness of Christ. The sanctification, which is also a gift of God, is an ongoing process which takes place as we willingly submit to His overruling power. And I am fully satisfied with His plans for all.

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. "1 Corinthians 6:9-13 NKJV Underlined mine LHC

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!