• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John317

• BobRyan

• SivartM

• JoeMo

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you need to learn more about paganism before you speak. Pagans are not the same as atheists. Just because they don't worship the same deity that we Christians worship does not mean they are godless and without souls.

You all have seen Empty Cross on here for over 10 years. I'd think you would know him by now. He is rarely (if ever) as argumentative and insulting as some of us are. He is honest and true-faced. If you're trying to woo him back to Christianity, you're witty little "quips" are not really the best approach. Try to show him as much respect as he shows us. Thanks!

Well, Joe, the thing is - people should learn at least one new thing every day I believe. Olger has just learned that many pagans believe in a soul. How they believe in the soul may vary from path to path but the belief is there.

• Moderators

I guess that if I accepted the Bible as the true word of God and your God as the One and Only true God - this would explain the evils of homosexuality. But from that I would also probably take the whole Hudderite view that sex should be in the dark, cold and practical and for the purpose of procreation only.

While there are some Christians who take that attitude, it is not biblically based. The Bible teaches that God made sex to be enjoyed by a married couple. For instance, the Song of Solomon is a celebration of sexual love between a man and his wife.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

I guess that if I accepted the Bible as the true word of God and your God as the One and Only true God - this would explain the evils of homosexuality.

That much of your post - is well guessed.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• 2 weeks later...

I am living about 25 miles from La Sierra. I know many graduates from there going back to the 40's. My daughter just graduated from La Sierra Academy, many of her peers are now or will see be attending the University.

But this university (and probably all SDA universities) are not the same ultra conservatives places they once were. La Sierra stands out in there er...ummm more progressive (liberal) tolerances lately. Some may remember the evolution brouhaha a few years ago at LSU. Now this homosexual issue there tells me a minority of the students want to be like some of the prominent secular higher education schools by embracing diverse clubs.

I am somewhat surprised this club has not gotten approval...yet

It's a matter of time before key people succumb. Probably the same faculty that allowed the Evolution Theory to be taught there.

I do not advocate on-campus clubs at Christian schools that go against the teachings of The Holy Bible.

My response may cause some to be defensive. I am not homophobic. I love the sinner but hate the sin.

Quote:
I love the sinner but hate the sin.

Kind of a dated and trite statement. Do you love that sinner enough to let him/her be a member of your church; just like you would a divorced person or someone who drank an occasional glass of wine? Do you love them enough to let them do special music, or lead a youth group?

Quote:
ALL are welcome and made to feel welcome. This is what Jesus would do, right!!

Absolutely! I think we're gonna get along great, 7days!

If we could just show people who Jesus really is and how much He loves us, we wouldn't have to teach them so much legalism. The Holy Spirit and their love of God would teach them all things through faith. They will become "new creations"!

Quote:
The Holy Spirit and their love of God would teach them all things through faith.

That is the real solution! Christianity continues to give the world a bad taste by its words which don't match actions. We are imperfect humans but constantly trying to 'tell' others what they should be doing. We are so self absorbed ,that we are constantly trying to find something wrong...with others in the church which translates to how we treat those outside the church. If people, such as cardw, had been exposed to real Christ like behavior, we would not have the this constant debate with him. He might still have chosen the path he is on, but at least we would not be proving him right about his current view of christianity.

(down off my box)

This is not the first attempt of a homosexual club at LSU.

I just learned that the percentage of Adventist students at LSU has dropped to about 60%

Overall enrollment is at an all time high and increasing each year.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems to me from what i have observed these days is that homosexuals are striving for acceptance and not repentance.

This is why we have all these states in our country making same sex marriage legal.

They come to our colleges by their own choice and their primary concern seems to be not about their education but to have their

gay lifestyle accepted.

Never listen to Satan's arguments,this is why adam and eve sinned.

Yes we should accept the sinner where he or she is at,but the whole point of coming to Christ is to confess and repent.

Check out this web site "http://www.sdakinship.org/".These are SDA'S who are gay and cannot figure out why it is wrong.

Don,t spend to much time on the web site maybe you will be converted..only kidding :o)

Sunday, a child of the Papacy, has taken the place of God's holy Sabbath. As Nebuchadnezzar made a golden image, and set it up to be worshiped by all, so Sunday is placed before the people to be regarded as sacred. This day bears not a vestige of sanctity, yet it is held up to be honored by all. {RH, April 27, 1911 par. 6}