ClubAdventist is back!

Leo Shriven RIP

Stan

Leo Schreven, 51, of Kettle Falls, WA, unexpectedly passed way on Saturday, December 1.

Leo was born to Leonardus and Johanna Schreven, May 19, 1961 in Phoenix, Arizona. Leo married Tamara Fields Schreven in 1983 and they made their home in Kettle Falls for the past 23 years.

Leo served as an evangelist in the Seventh-day Adventist Church for 30 years. His ministry touched the lives of countless thousands around the world and he will be remembered as a dynamic preacher who helped people find Jesus as their Savior. His All Power seminars have blessed multitudes and his DVDs and sermons will continue to benefit future generations.

Leo loved camping, boating, hiking, reading, and time with his family.

Leo is survived by his wife Tamara, daughter Cierra, parents, brothers John and Herman, sister Ella, and their spouses and children.

The family will hold a private service.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

WOW! That is surprising! What did he die of??

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Moderators

No announcement on that yet.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

I communicated with him on facebook once. He wished me a happy birthday, and told me to witness to other facebook peeps I contact. I think it was last year about this time. Nice guy. This is very sudden and sad. Condolences to his family and friends.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

• Administrators

A sad time for the family of God...he was a powerful speaker who dedicated many years of his life to leading others to Christ.

Prayers for his family and close friends.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

It somehow triggers on my mind also how he dies.. I have received the Mail from allpower newsletter too today Dec. 03, 2012, but it's stated their that he died on Dec. 01, 2012.

Condolence to His family. He was really a very good worker with his ministry..leading people to God while improving their lives.

Exodus 20:8

Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it Holy.

• Moderators

Here's the official announcement about the cause of death, which is extremely shocking and sad:

Many have asked about the tragic passing of Leo Schreven. Tamara and Cierra along with the Schreven family are very grateful for the outpouring of concern and support in their time of loss and bereavement. It is not possible for them to respond to each individual message or phone call. The family is intensely grieving the loss of Leo and your prayers for them during this difficult time are most helpful as they navigate so many difficult and new realities.

1. Leo took his own life in the early morning hours of Dec 1. Unknown to most people, for many years Leo suffered from a complex mental health disorder. Every possible effort was made by Tamara, his family and very close friends encouraging him to get help. Even to the very last, the family repeatedly assured him and let him know he was loved and appreciated. This year he spiraled downward and particularly in the past few months, weeks and days, it was increasingly evident he was experiencing serious complications.

2. It is important to know that Leo’s family; his parents, his two brothers and his sister are extremely supportive of Tamara. In light of Leo’s mental health challenges over the years, Leo’s family has supported the decisions that Tamara has had to make in the best interests of herself and Cierra.

3. It is the wish of Tamara and the family that focus be on the dignity of Leo’s life by remembering how effective his ministry was in spite of the very personal, private, and real challenges he struggled with.

All Power ministry will continue. There will be growth in new directions so the ministry can continue to make available practical materials to assist people in biblical principles for daily living.

Source: http://www.godslastwarning.com/leo-schreven-cause-of-death/

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

Why would he hide his pain and suffering? Was he afraid to face the fact that he,too, needed help?

I think as a church we must be willing to admit that we have serious problems that can only be solved through prayer and help from the church. And we need to make it easy for anyone to confess their weaknesses and faults.

He was a great help to so many people and was even a well-known motivational speaker, yet he needed help himself more than the people he helped; but yet he evidently was unable for some reason to open up as a helpless, sick man.

Here's the real question from my viewpoint:

Are we learning daily to trust Christ for everything, including food and clothing? Or are we trusting ourselves and our techniques and methods? Are we lying to others and perhaps even to God about our spiritual and mental condition?

Are we attempting to make ourselves so powerful and wealthy that we don't feel the necessity of Christ? It seems to me that we live in a culture and society that makes it hard for "successful" people to allow themselves to appear vulnerable and very imperfect.

I don't know if that's what happened in Leo's case or not, but for sure we know that he was terribly mentally ill for a long time and didn't get help. We don't know know why Leo didn't get belp, but we must realize that as a church we have to do everything we can so it won't happen again.

John, these are worthy considerations and shouldn't be viewed as judgmental.

But it will happen again, along with the untold suffering throughout the churches for failing to deal with core salvational issues.

And for attacking those who raise important but inconvenient issues.

It's a sad legacy of dishonesty with tragic consequences for now and for eternity.

I have two adult children with two clinically-diagnosed bipolar disease. Society does not view mental disease with the same attitude as physical injury or disease. With my kids, even after they had been diagnosed by two doctors as bipolar, they refused to take their medication. "Now that I know what's wrong with me, I can handle this on my own" they would say. My response was "Would you say that if you had a broken leg or strep throat? No, you wouldn't! Take your $%^&%$@ medicine! Finally, they started taking it and levelled out. After being "normal" (whatever that is) for a couple of months, they would quit taking their medication because they were "better" - until they slid off the deep end again.

To make a long story short, the oldest of those two children is now dead - a victim of not taking his bipolar medication. I miss him terribly. The other one takes his medication religiously now.

GOD BLESS THE SCHREVEN FAMILY!

If you or anyone else in your family suffers from any disabling mental problems, PLEASE, seek help! God bless all of you who suffer from or suffer with someone with a debilitating mental issue!

I would like to commend his family for speaking the truth and not attempting to hide it as is often the case in the church. Revealing the secret breaks the power it so often holds over so many.

We as individuals and the church need to be sensitive to mental disease, learning about it and being supportive of those that deal with it. I have heard many share the idea that prayer will take care of it. I wonder how many lives have been lost as a result of that mentality?

My heart felt condolences to the Schreven family and to JoeMo who posted above. I pray that as Leo ministered during his life time his death can be used to make a difference in regard to mental disease in the church and other lives will be saved.

I am extremely saddened to learn of his death. I just recently discovered Leo a few months ago from his appearances on old Cheri Peters shows online and in just the last few weeks visited his site and downloaded the free seminars and have listened to most of them several times. I was very impressed with his insights especially on neuropathways and why we continue to do things we don't want to do yet wish we could stop doing. Thank you Leo for all you did to help thousands of people. My prayers for the family and praise to our loving, all-knowing, merciful Lord.

• Moderators
:like:X20

• Administrators

I agree with all the condolences here. The initial pain is over and I wish the family many hugs from Jesus at this time of sadness.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I would like to commend his family for speaking the truth and not attempting to hide it as is often the case in the church. Revealing the secret breaks the power it so often holds over so many.

We as individuals and the church need to be sensitive to mental disease, learning about it and being supportive of those that deal with it. I have heard many share the idea that prayer will take care of it. I wonder how many lives have been lost as a result of that mentality?

• Administrators

James225, were you there for Pastor Jamieson's memorial message?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

This is absolutely disgusting bovine excrement. Who is this self-righteous idiot to say what he says about Leo.?! I will NEVER visit his messed up self-righteous legalistic website again. It almost makes me ashamed to be an Adventist.

http://www.godslastwarning.com/dealing-with-suicide/

JoeMo. Don't blame Adventists for this site. It is my understanding that this is an offshoot group that has a different set of beliefs. They are not Adventist.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Thanks for posting that, Woody. I was so mad when I read it I could have just spit. I've seen links to it on by regular SDA's on other sites. My wife showed it to me last night from her FaceBook page. Another reason not to do FaceBook.

This is absolutely disgusting bovine excrement. Who is this self-righteous idiot to say what he says about Leo.?! I will NEVER visit his messed up self-righteous legalistic website again. It almost makes me ashamed to be an Adventist.

http://www.godslastwarning.com/dealing-with-suicide/

You are upset about the holy spirit left comment..?

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Y

Quote:
ou are upset about the holy spirit left comment..?

Absolutely - aren't you? What gives those jerks the right to judge when the Holy Spirit leaves? They are entitled to their opinion, I guess - stupid and judgmental though it may be.