ClubAdventist is back!

the four relationships

debbym

• Administrators

In my personal healing meditations, i found there were four relationships, and all relationships fell within these four directions.

the order of the development of these relationships is different then how i would present them.

I concluded that my spirituality is the sum or substance of these relationships. i believe that outside these four relationships we do not exist. my spirituality, was not my dogma, theology, or concepts. It was what was lived.

Our spirituality may be full of light or full of darkness.

One's spirituality is just quality and nature of ones relationships. One's four relationships could be highly principled or highly self serving and degrading. some of these relationships may be absent or impoverished, or minimized, others may be dominant.

But a balance of these relationships and positivity, growth, and life in these relationships is healthy spirituality.

Outside of these relationship there is no existence, we live in and within the dynamic of relationships.

here are the four relationships.

ones relationship to the material reality, to things, to nature, to living things, to money, to property, to the physical universe, to the inanimate.

ones relationship to others, all other human life, family, friends, community, neighbors, national citizens, world citizens, people in history, ideas and thoughts of others in recorded media, those who are negative and those one sees as negative impact and those one sees as positive in impact on your life.

ones relationship to one's self. ones emotions, thinking, history, mistakes, successes, failures, passions, fears, baggage, body, self image, sense of identity, history, desires, understanding, thinking, values, drives, motivations.... etc.

ones relationship to God as one understands God or experiences God, or does not experience God. ones sense of a higher power, what one has faith in above oneself outside of the other three relationships, that which relates to life beyond our senses, and beyond, or greater then the other three relationships. Holiness, purity of motive, absolute morality. Greater being.

so i see these as the four legs of the table, when all are developed and one is involved in all these relationships, one is more alive, and it is a sturdy life and a place where much can be done.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

• Administrators

wow there was a response,

thank-you dgrimm60,

this was from a summer of meditation while gardening, and i felt my soul coming alive and becoming aware of my life in these relationships.

deb

Love awakens love.

• Administrators

I like it! I love it when people share what revelations they encounter in their private talks with God :)

Please don't be shy in sharing more!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• 3 weeks later...

Some of us aren't psycho-anylitical. Like you say it is being ourselves.

We don't like ourselves if we break those relationships you talked of. We want things to go smoothly.

• Administrators

i agree, and then i suspect when we don't like ourselves we will then continue to break down our relationships more and it becomes a vicious cycle.

But i do certainly believe that when we do right in one area of our relationships, it can be corrective and help in the other areas.

for example if i experience being nurtured by God then i will increase in my capacity to be nurturing in my other relationships.

it can work in a totally positive direction.

deb

deb

Love awakens love.