ClubAdventist is back!

Pastor Speyer

LynnDel

• Moderators

I came across this news on Facebook, a brother who needs our prayers. Look for the group, Prayers for Speyer, to keep updated. Here is the info, copied from there:

While visiting his family Pastor Speyer had a stroke Christmas Eve and has been in the hospital in Reno since. The right side of his body is paralyzed and he's blind in his right eye. The latest news is that the swelling from his left side is growing and putting pressure on the right side and towards his brain stem where your breathing and other functions needed to live are controlled. (I did research) The doctors have given Pastor Speyer some medications to try and slow the swelling down and his oxygen level are low as well. We'll know more in the morning, when Pastor Jeff Deming the pastor at the MBA church talks to Kinzie.

LD

• Moderators

UPDATE --- from Kinzie--9pm Friday, Dec. 28. Jon is still breathing by ventilator but the swelling in his brain has decreased some. Kinzie and family want to express their deep appreciation to everyone for the overwhelming support this week. This weekend, more of their extended family will be arriving in Reno. His nurses are amazed at the deep love displayed within the Speyer family and from his greater circle of students and friends. Also, MBA Pastor PJ Deming will be traveling to Reno to be with the family for the next few days. Although many of you would like to visit, please give the family time to be together right now. THIS STORY IS NOT COMPLETED YET. Miracles come in lots of different ways. KEEP PRAYING for God's will to be done and for Him to be glorified--especially this Sabbath and weekend as the family is together. Above all, remember God's amazing grace and mercy that Pastor Jon Speyer has always been so passionate about. Jon's brother, Randy, wrote a beautiful message about his visit with his big brother yesterday. Thank you MBA family and friends--Tim Kubrock.

LD

• Members

Will definitely be prayer

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Quote:
I guess this proves that God doesn't abandon us when go see movies even when the movie, like this one, comes from the bottomless pit.

Jesus came to seek and to save the lost.

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 NASB

God bleses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

Update --- it is Sabbath evening, there has been no significant change in Jon's status. At this time, the family respectfully asks for no visitors at the hospital. Please continue to lift them all up in prayer.

LD

• Members

Will do prayer

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Here is an excerpt from the latest update:

He [the doctor] described the injury that Jon suffered and caused the stroke. I think one thing that touched me and knowing a bit of Jon's journey when he had double bypass surgery a number of years ago and then made intentional decisions to live a healthy life and had regular checks indicating he was healthy along with arteries and his heart too and that is something that the Dr. noted, that here was a healthy man who suffered this injury.

Here is a bit in pastorese what he described for me: The injury of the dissecting of the Carotid artery causing a 4 inch clot (bleed) caused irreversible damage to his brain with the initial happening on Christmas Eve, since then things have continued to regress and while there was more response to verbal commands the first two days that has gone away now and while he does have reflexive moments (in his feet) he is unresponsive otherwise. The damage that has been caused is quite bad and the doctor indicated that without divine intervention the damage would not be able to be reversed. The doctors are connecting with the family on where to go from here and what that next step might look like. Please keep them in your thoughts as they decide what the best next step is.

Continue to pray for the Speyer family and while the doctors and nurses I have heard remark at the strength and faith of this family, I have been able to see that first hand.

They are so grateful to the blessing of your prayers, thoughts and love that has poured through the miles to their hearts - may God be with you and your families and keep looking uP!

LD

Thanks for this LynnDel.

I do have to comment that I've worked in a religious hospital - all my working days and have never heard a doctor refer to divine intervention. So, this is a first.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

This is the final update on Pastor Jon Speyer, who suffered a stroke on Christmas Eve:

Dearest Family --- with great sorrow we must let you know that at 4:43 pm December 31, 2012 Pastor Jon Speyer took his last breath and went to sleep until Jesus wakes him up on Resurrection Day. Our deepest sympathies go out to the Speyer family for this great loss. Til Jesus returns to take His children home, keep looking uP! Pastor PJ Deming and MBA Administration

LD

• Administrators

:(

The hopeful thing is that when he took his last breath he rested in the hope of the resurrection.

Thank you, LynnDel, for your faithfulness in bringing us updates.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

This is the final update on Pastor Jon Speyer, who suffered a stroke on Christmas Eve:

Dearest Family --- with great sorrow we must let you know that at 4:43 pm December 31, 2012 Pastor Jon Speyer took his last breath and went to sleep until Jesus wakes him up on Resurrection Day. Our deepest sympathies go out to the Speyer family for this great loss. Til Jesus returns to take His children home, keep looking uP! Pastor PJ Deming and MBA Administration

Thanks for the update

phkrause