ClubAdventist is back!

"If it is the Lord's will" - what does this mean?

Robert

The subject is not a "time in my life"

It is........... If God wants you to die, you will.....

This is what you have claimed in two previous threads.

We are exploring what it means. You are welcome to join the discussion. But this catslap is not how you arrive at truth. It sidetracks the discussion.

"All the horrors of this sin plagued planet and the grief of death of innocents are all allowed by God....

Of course, I mean, after all God created Lucifer fully knowing the result. God has allowed all this for a greater purpose. Right?

This brings us back to James 4:13

Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. .... 15 Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." 16 As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil. 17 Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

I have to be honest...I can't think of a time when I have made plans (vacations, jobs, etc) and said, "if it is the Lord's will" we will do these things. According to James, this is boasting.

Perhaps I should start saying, "if it's the Lord's will"

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

So our plans might not agree with God's?

Stop trying to deflect away from what you have claimed over and over

Truth is not static, it's progressive. I'm not infallible. I might have to eat a plate of crow, I might not.

Watch out. . .Someone might actually think you are a Christian. This is true especially if you pray out loud in public before eating a meal.

Satanic Verses-Salman Rushdie.

Some good thoughts Robert. Thanks for this thread. I'm all ears.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: Robert

Watch out. . .Someone might actually think you are a Christian. This is true especially if you pray out loud in public before eating a meal.

Like Daniel? giggle

And guess what? His time had not yet come:

Dan 6:12 Did you not publish a decree that during the next thirty days anyone who prays to any god or man except to you, O king, would be thrown into the lions' den?" The king answered, "The decree stands--in accordance with the laws of the Medes and Persians, which cannot be repealed." 13 Then they said to the king, "Daniel, who is one of the exiles from Judah, pays no attention to you, O king, or to the decree you put in writing. He still prays three times a day." 14 When the king heard this, he was greatly distressed; he was determined to rescue Daniel and made every effort until sundown to save him. 15 Then the men went as a group to the king and said to him, "Remember, O king, that according to the law of the Medes and Persians no decree or edict that the king issues can be changed." 16 So the king gave the order, and they brought Daniel and threw him into the lions' den. The king said to Daniel, "May your God, whom you serve continually, rescue you!" 17 A stone was brought and placed over the mouth of the den, and the king sealed it with his own signet ring and with the rings of his nobles, so that Daniel's situation might not be changed. 18 Then the king returned to his palace and spent the night without eating and without any entertainment being brought to him. And he could not sleep. 19 At the first light of dawn, the king got up and hurried to the lions' den. 20 When he came near the den, he called to Daniel in an anguished voice, "Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God, whom you serve continually, been able to rescue you from the lions?" 21 Daniel answered, "O king, live forever! 22 My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions.

clearly God intervened. Without God Daniel would have been lunch by very hungry lions.

Sanctification - The Lord's Will

"True sanctification is a Bible doctrine. The apostle Paul, in his letter to the Thessalonian church, declares: "This is the will of God, even your sanctification." And he prays: "The very God of peace sanctify you wholly." 1 Thessalonians 4:3; 5:23. The Bible clearly teaches what sanctification is and how it is to be attained. The Saviour prayed for His disciples: "Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word is truth." John 17:17. And Paul teaches that believers are to be "sanctified by the Holy Ghost." Romans 15:16. What is the work of the Holy Spirit? Jesus told His disciples: "When He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth." John 16:13. And the psalmist says: "Thy law is the truth." By the word and the Spirit of God are opened to men the great principles of righteousness embodied in His law. And since the law of God is "holy, and just, and good," a transcript of the divine perfection, it follows that a character formed by obedience to that law will be holy. Christ is a perfect example of such a character. He says: "I have kept My Father's commandments." "I do always those things that please Him." John 15:10; 8:29. The followers of Christ are to become like Him–by the grace of God to form characters in harmony with the principles of His holy law. This is Bible sanctification."(GC11, 469)

Satanic Verses-Salman Rushdie.