ClubAdventist is back!

Spirituality again

Gail

• Administrators

Following on the tail of Bravus' discussion on morality but not wanting to derail it, I come here with a short question.

I have had recent thoughts that morality might actually belong in the realm of the spiritual.

Thoughts?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

How do you mean?

MOrality as an intellectual exercise or morality as a subjective and thoughtful interaction?

....or as something else...?

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Administrators

I'm not quite sure yet cause I haven't finished thinking it out.

But more along the line of something that God gives us as we seek him, or even a sense of morality that His Spirit implants within us.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

response

morality- relating with selfless motive

1. which could not be wrong doing.

2. which would be behavior that is based on principles of not only right conduct, but right thought, and desire.

3. which would be looking out for the well being and interest of others consistently.

4. which would model and instruct and be an example that would promote doing right and good.

5. which would develop a set of principles that would perpetuate doing right.

i feel my knowledge and resource are so humanly limited, it would definitely have to be the working of God for me to do something that is right in the eyes of God.

deb

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.