ClubAdventist is back!

What We Believe Abuot the Judgment

CGMedley

All I can say after reading this perversion of truth is, that those with the power to discriminate between God’s word & fiction have lost their bearings. And with the Laodecean condition among the current leadership a truth filled article submitted for publication is wadded & tossed.

Quote:

CoAspen said:

grin.gif

Quote:

The gateway to heaven is not via the judgment, but through Calvary. By His blood and through His body we enter right within the veil into the very holiest of heaven (Heb. 10:19). Then as faith waits for reality, the transforming influences of His righteousness begin to impact on our daily lives as His laws are written upon our hearts (verse 16).

grin.gif

Yep, its easy to see why you disagree with the article...it talks about assurance not dispair...something you seem to enjoy!

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Yep, I will be here to provide a measure of balance to offset the "wishfull thinking" authors in Adventist circles.

=================

"As the books of record are opened in the judgment, the lives of all who have believed on Jesus come in review before God. Beginning with those who first lived upon the earth, our Advocate presents the cases of each successive generation, and closes with the living. Every name is mentioned, every case closely investigated. Names are accepted, names rejected. When any have sins remaining upon the books of record, unrepented of and unforgiven, their names will be blotted out of the book of life, and the record of their good deeds will be erased from the book of God's remembrance. The Lord declared to Moses: "Whosoever hath sinned against Me, him will I blot out of My book." Exodus 32:33. And says the prophet Ezekiel: "When the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, . . . all his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned." Ezekiel 18:24. {GC 483.1}

• Moderators

It's encouraging to me that the Adventist Review publishes an article on theology by Kevin Farris, who is (according to the mini-bio at the end of the article) a Seventh-day Adventist but is not employed by the church.

I believe there is somewhat of a variance among Adventists as to what exactly happened in 1844 -- if anything. [in fact, CA has had a thread on just this very topic.]

But although we may disagree on the particulars of the investigative judgment, at least we can all agree that it was at Calvary that our salvation was cemented. Forever. And for every person who accepts Christ's sacrifice on his/her behalf.

To me, Calvary is everything. And it's all I need to know.

The judgment, IMHO, will be made clear enough and plain enough so that all of Satan's (the Accuser of the Brethren) charges will be refuted -- in language every inhabitant of the universe will understand. I don't know how long it'll take, or when it started [or will start]. But all I know is, the investigative judgment is for the purpose of vindicating God, against all of Satan's charges. And He will be vindicated.

God is faithful. God can be trusted. Our trust is in Him.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

Jeannie said this. "at least we can all agree that it was at Calvary that our salvation was cemented."

===========================================

What make you think I would believe a lie like that? It is truly amazing that people are willing to remember verbatim the error that has been circulated by all the Ford/Chev silver tongue speachifiers out there and the pure unvarnished truth is forgotten the same day they heard it. What Jesus is doing TODAY is just as a important part for our salvation as what took place in AD 31. This author is trumpeting the error that Ford suggested to destroy the two apartments in the heavenly sanctuary. No, sorry, puny man can never destroy what God has established.

Quote:

Ed White said:

Quote:

CoAspen said:

grin.gif

Quote:

The gateway to heaven is not via the judgment, but through Calvary. By His blood and through His body we enter right within the veil into the very holiest of heaven (Heb. 10:19). Then as faith waits for reality, the transforming influences of His righteousness begin to impact on our daily lives as His laws are written upon our hearts (verse 16).

grin.gif

Yep, its easy to see why you disagree with the article...it talks about assurance not dispair...something you seem to enjoy!

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Yep, I will be here to provide a measure of balance to offset the "wishfull thinking" authors in Adventist circles.

=================

[:"red"] "But if the wicked man turns from all his sins that he has committed and keeps all My statutes and does that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die.

None of his transgressions which he has committed shall be remembered against him; for his righteousness which he has executed [for his moral and spiritual rectitude in every area and relation], he shall live.

Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked? says the Lord, and not rather that he should turn from his evil way and return [to his God] and live?[/] Ezekiel 18:21-23 AMP

May I suggest, Ed, that if you wish to apply these Scriptures as all encompassing in the plan of salvation, you have just sentenced yourself to eternal death.

[:"red"] "When the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, . . . all his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned." Ezekiel 18:24.{GC 483.1}" [/]

[:"red"] "He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone....first." [/] John 8:7 NKJV

[:"red"] "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us." [/] 1 John 1:8,10

DOVE.gif

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:

Jeannieb43 said:

God is faithful. God can be trusted. Our trust is in Him.

[:"red"] "God is faithful (reliable, trustworthy, and therefore ever true to His promise, and He can be depended on); by Him you were called into companionship and participation with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord." [/] 1 Corinthians 1:9 AMP

DOVE.gif

Keep the faith!

Lift Jesus up!!

Dream on brother, these silver tongue orators can control your type NOW with only a thread with you having that ring in your nose that's been jerked so many times previous with a chain, the flesh is tender. Maybe even the thread is now detached and only hand signals are flased in your direction and you jump. Thanks for reading the words of scripture from my post.