ClubAdventist is back!

Resurrected Animals

Ellen

The Sabbath School lessons on creation bring up some interesting What Ifs. So the one I am pondering is the question someone raised about the animals in heaven. I am not sure if that person meant the New Earth.

But my thughts went to the likelihood of there being pets in heaven. Would we want them to come back with us to this earth. Maybe there are none there.

So would God create them on the fifth day of the recreated world?

Just askin.

• Members

I personally don't believe there will be new 6 days of creation, but I do believe that there will be animals of all kinds on the earth made new.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

If God resurrected any animals from this fallen world he would definitely have to change them a lot (in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye).

For instance, what would happen to the carnivores?

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Of course.

Thoughtless of me.

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Animals have suffered so for a sin they didn't commit, why couldn't they rejoice in a salvation they don't "deserve"? Animals work for us, adore us, risk their lives for us -- and all kinds of other things because of our needs/deeds. I hope that at least some of these animals, so loving and caring and committed, will live again! This isn't theological, it comes from love and the longing to see it extended. Do you suppose God might have put that in my heart? I don't know. I trust Him, whatever comes or does not come to be. But God is so detailed oriented, and He loves so much! It does raise these possibilities, for me, anyway.

more later

I agree there will definatly be animals in the new earth. Just whether they are fresh newly created ones or cIhanged ones.

God seems to love animals, He made so many of thhem He must have some where His home is.

IMO there will be the same type of 'original species' in the New Earth just like there was in the Garden of Eden. I do not recall anything about dogs and cats which are 'devolutions' of original Creation. Nuf Sed

:like:

Full agree, 'nuff sed.

Which is what I was (poorly) alluding to with my comment re carnivores.

Graeme

Graeme

• Administrators

This adds a thought to what I have said elsewhere about the interpretation of clean vs unclean. In a way the purity rules were perhaps a way to remind the people of God's original creation by highlighting the original species of creation before sin corrupted the animal kingdom. In a way, it is a promise of the new earth re-created.

That tends to reinforce my belief that those rules were really not about diet or health and more symbolic of God's purpose and plan of full redemption from sin for all creation.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

When my beloved kitty died, the vet gave me the poem entitled, "THE RAINBOW BRIDGE." It helped me through the grief, even though as an SDA, I adjusted just a line or two about stepping into heaven immediately instead of later. I do believe our pets can be preserved in God's memory until He restores all to us.

I don't see any place in the Bible that says God cannot bring a pet back (that very one, not just a replica). Though animals may not have "souls" and thus partake in the gospel experience, God could have them in another category altogether.

He could bring back every animal that died in the flood if He chose to. So There! It makes me feel so much better to believe this positive way than some negative way if the Bible doesn't make it clear. What do we know, anyway...we're like fish looking up from a dark pond, wondering if anything else is out there! (You can find the Rainbow Bridge poem on the internet).

I hope you're right, but I fear that maybe you're not. Here's why. An animal is a soul, just like you are. It has breath. It is a life.

My fear is that because they are tainted with the curse that sin has left, they will not be kept. But maybe God will somehow remove the curse of sin from out pets. They made no choices.

I don't see why God couldn't do that if he wanted to, and I hope that's the case. I would like to have Mr. Murphy with me in heaven. Also Bud, the part wolf dog. And Bud Jr. and Bo, the white German Shepard.

Clean/unclean animals in heaven? I think of Horses, dogs, rabbits, Mallards, beavers, polar bears. How could there be non of those in the new earth.

The clean and unclean was for eating, not loving.

As for the carnivores, the Bible does say that the lion shall eat straw in the new Earth. I believe that Satan took the original animals God created and tampered with genetics, like gene manipulation as scientists can do even now, and altered teeth and claws, digestive systems, brain programming, etc, to be carnivorous instead of what God intended. Even as God will transform our bodies from their degeneration and malformations caused by Satan, He can as well do it for animals. That's my opinion, as I love animals and even feel some guilt that my specie's sin caused all of them to suffer.

So, did Satan change things, or did God do it Himself?

GRaeme

Graeme

Concerning pets, I don't know if God will resurrect original pets or creat new ones absolutely identical to the original ones; but I can't imagine life without pet dogs, cats, and horses.

Concerning animals is general; I'm sure they'll be lots of cool, tame animals in heaven - including ones that are now extinct; and ones we've never seen, heard of or imagined!

Tom's post made me think - will those of us who are carnivores eat meat in heaven? On the one hand, I can't imagine there would be butcher shops or meat processing plants in heaven. On the other hand, I can't imagine heaven without an occasional burger or fried chicken. Maybe heaven's "veggie meat" will look and taste just like the real deal (IOW, better than Worthington or Morning Star Farms)

bwink

• Members

There was no meat eating in the garden of eden, I don't see that changing in the earth made new. We see the disease that meat eating brought on humans, don't see God letting us eat them. How about hunting for food than? If there's gonna be meat eating, than for sure there'll be hunting! But with what? No I personally don't believe we will be eating meat in the Earth made New.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Even though I'm currently cariverous, I have to agree with you pk - I can't imagine that there will meat eating in heaven. God says there be no killing of anything in His Holy Mountain (I take that to be the earth made new).

what about the scripture of the lion laying down with the lamb? A lion is a carnivore, but will eat hay or straw on the new earth. I have dogs and they love vegetables.

our dogs love veggies (especially cooked carrots); and our cats love canteloupe; but dogs, cats, and other carnivores are currently "designed" to eat meat. The don't fare well on purely veggie diets in this age. IMO, God will do a design upgrade on them in the earth made new.

Well, Planey, stepping maybe too far beyond my credentials, I think that even though Satan can't create life, he could go far to manipulate genetics to his evil ends. Viruses, cancer, etc. certainly must not have been made by God. Probably not the carnivorous dinosaurs at creation day, either, from what I've studied. I just can't see God doing that to His creation, and is so much contrary to His character. Also, I think God works within genetics, too, such as the armour and defenses of animals like Stegosaurus. And animals now, such as the armadillo and rhino, that are not predators. Also, the constantly changing camouflage of insects, etc.

It's getting off topic a bit now, but I see nature as an ongoing struggle between God and Satan, with Satan trying his utmost to destroy and warp God's creation, and God giving some help back, genetically, until God finally does away with evil completely. If God didn't intervene on the DNA level, Satan would totally destroy everything before the Gospel could work out to completion.

BTW, I hope we don't change this topic to evolution vs. creation. It will be my fault if we do. I hope we can stay on this interesting topic of resurrected animals.

Many people have been extremely heartbroken over the loss of their pets. We love our dogs like most people love their kids. It would be a wonderful thing to have Jesus show us our new homes and have our resurrect pets greeting us as we went through the door. WOW! I know whatever He has for us will be fantastic, but I'm just saying.