ClubAdventist is back!

I'm having trouble with this SOP comment

Restin

Jude is an interesting letter because he starts of wanting to speak of our common faith and hope in the Gospel but then switches mid-stream in vs 3 to outright condemnation of apostasy in the church - and sticks with that theme through the remainder of his letter.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BobRyan

• Woody

• Kevin H

• LifeHiscost

My experience has been that God has dealt with me gently, far more gently than I probably deserve.
Same here Gail. For years I viewed God as a harsh dictatorial God. Over the last several years God could have very well ground me into the floor for my sins. Instead I found grace, mercy and love. He has forgiven me for some very horrid sins and assured me that they are buried and forgotten. How can you not love a God like that?

Thy word is a lamp to my feet

Originally Posted By: Restin
Quote: "It is left with us to remedy the defects in our characters, to cleanse the soul temple of every defilement. Then the latter rain will fall upon us as the early rain fell upon the disciples on the Day of Pentecost" 5T p.214

So, which is it: Salvation by obedience to Sister White, or salvation by faith in Jesus Christ?

Restin, is there more to this quote? I don't have 5T p.214. Can you link to it somewhere online? I'd like to read the rest of the words surrounding that statement.

It's late, I'm tired, must confess I did not read this whole string, but I quick looked for the setting of that quote, and here's the very next paragraph:

No one need say that his case is hopeless, that he cannot live the life of a Christian. Ample provision is made by the death of Christ for every soul. Jesus is our ever-present help in time of need. Only call upon Him in faith, and He has promised to hear and answer your petitions.

Oh, for a living, active faith! We need it; we must have it, or we shall faint and fail in the day of trial. The darkness that will then rest upon our path must not discourage us or drive us to despair. It is the veil with which God covers His glory when He comes to impart rich blessings. We should know this by our past experience. In that day when God has a controversy with His people this experience will be a source of comfort and hope.

more later

Originally Posted By: Gail
My experience has been that God has dealt with me gently, far more gently than I probably deserve.
Same here Gail. For years I viewed God as a harsh dictatorial God. Over the last several years God could have very well ground me into the floor for my sins. Instead I found grace, mercy and love. He has forgiven me for some very horrid sins and assured me that they are buried and forgotten. How can you not love a God like that?

Yep, and here's a good quote: The advancing hosts of Israel found that the mighty workings of God had gone before them. In wicked Jericho a heathen woman said, “The Lord your God, He is God in heaven above, and in earth beneath.” Joshua 2:11. By faith “Rahab perished not with them that believed not.” Hebrews 11:31. And her conversion was not an isolated case. The Gibeonites renounced heathenism and united with Israel, sharing the blessings of the covenant.

No distinction of nationality, race, or caste is recognized by God. All men are one by creation; all are one through redemption. Christ came to demolish every wall of partition, to throw open every compartment of the temple courts, that every soul may have free access to God. His love is so broad, so deep, so full, that it penetrates everywhere.

more later

• Administrators

Quote:
Poster: Live4Him

Great thoughts about different people needing different styles. Personally I would prefer to concentrate on the positive loving aspects of the gospel but I do realize that the strong stuff definitely has it's place. EW states that the Law and the Gospel should be presented with equal force. I found a little verse in Jude also that shows different people need different methods to get their attention.

1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

Jud 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

love this scripture and perfect context in the discussion, thank-you so much.

deb

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

This is really a great discussion! I am just gonna watch you guys talk about this. Been gone 5 days ... gotta catch up!

I am especially blessed by Gail's and Live4Him comments below:

Quote:

Same here Gail.