ClubAdventist is back!

Did Pope Resign To Avoid Arrest, Seizure of Wealth

John317

Quote:
It is interesting to note that the Jesuit General also resigned, the first since their inception.

The way this was written made me think that the present Jesuit General had also resigned, however, responses to this quote makes me think otherwise.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BobRyan

• hch

• Textus Receptus

• Ted Oplinger

• Moderators

Does it never dawn on us how much of that has been going on through the years withing our own denomination, although perhaps on a smaller scale?

Yes. There is an inquiry into abuse in Australia at the moment, and I *know* the SDA church will be mentioned - because I know many of the victims.

Truth is important

Some are saying that something BIG is brewing and they are using this resignation to take the focus off something that is happening behind closed doors...

I have not been posting on this thread, but I would say this:

I checked the net before logging on here.

Found the allegations from last year:

http://www.examiner.com/article/pope-benedict-xvi-charged-with-crimes-against-humanity

And Politicol News:

http://www.politicolnews.com/pope-evades-criminal-charges-by-hiding-in-vatican/

But most interesting is the Bible study of Revelation 17 that the Lord awoke me to this morning at 2:00 AM.

I do not expect the cardinals to replace Benedict while he is alive. I could be wrong, but if my study holds true as it has for Benedict thus far, rapid changes are ahead.

When Pope Benedict XVI resigned Monday February 11, 2013, were you expecting it or were you taken by surprise? As a faithful Student of Bible Prophecy, I posted on Twitter as the Loudcryer the faithful warning for one year that Pope Benedict would leave office by the Spring of 2013. These are all the TWEETS that I posted about Pope Benedict from Sept 2011 to Sept 2012 when I turned to other issues (note I never once said that he would die):

Follow me on Twitter & confirm the TWEETS!

Henry Hills@loudcryer

Pope Benedict XVI has but a very short time left

(3 September 2011)

#Pope Benedict XVI marks his last year with a Latin America trip

that includes a visit to #Cuba (23 March 2012)

With Benedict XVI in his last year, Who's going to be the new pope? As I read it a demon masquerading as John-Paul II will take the job! (3 April 2012)

Is Pope Benedict going to be pope in 2013? (29 April 2012)

Months ago I tweeted that pope Benedict XVI is a short timer.

Now Vatican power play is news! Y u b last 2 know? (28 May 2012)

If Pope Benedict’s 8th year is really his 7th, his time ends before May 2013 (7 July 2012)

Pope Benedict’s 8th year is really his 7th, because his ascension year was John-Paul II’s last year. Will Benedict XVI’s 7th year B his last (8 August 2012)

Pope #Benedict XVI As I read Daniel’s prophecy, 7’s number of completeness. His ascension year (zero) 2005. He might last till spring 2013? (30 September 2012)

Pope Benedict announced this morning (Monday February 11, 2013) that he is resigning as of 28 February 2013.

I'm putting my efforts into updating my book (Put-Out The Light) now, so I won't be online very much for a little while.

IMHO It is PAST time for the Virgins to wake up. ZZzzprayer

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

Originally Posted By: Textus Receptus
Some are saying that something BIG is brewing and they are using this resignation to take the focus off something that is happening behind closed doors...

I have not been posting on this thread, but I would say this:

I checked the net before logging on here.

Found the allegations from last year:

http://www.examiner.com/article/pope-benedict-xvi-charged-with-crimes-against-humanity

And Politicol News:

http://www.politicolnews.com/pope-evades-criminal-charges-by-hiding-in-vatican/

But most interesting is the Bible study of Revelation 17 that the Lord awoke me to this morning at 2:00 AM.

I do not expect the cardinals to replace Benedict while he is alive. I could be wrong, but if my study holds true as it has for Benedict thus far, rapid changes are ahead.

When Pope Benedict XVI resigned Monday February 11, 2013, were you expecting it or were you taken by surprise? As a faithful Student of Bible Prophecy, I posted on Twitter as the Loudcryer the faithful warning for one year that Pope Benedict would leave office by the Spring of 2013. These are all the TWEETS that I posted about Pope Benedict from Sept 2011 to Sept 2012 when I turned to other issues (note I never once said that he would die):

Follow me on Twitter & confirm the TWEETS!

Henry Hills@loudcryer

Pope Benedict XVI has but a very short time left

(3 September 2011)

#Pope Benedict XVI marks his last year with a Latin America trip

that includes a visit to #Cuba (23 March 2012)

With Benedict XVI in his last year, Who's going to be the new pope? As I read it a demon masquerading as John-Paul II will take the job! (3 April 2012)

Is Pope Benedict going to be pope in 2013? (29 April 2012)

Months ago I tweeted that pope Benedict XVI is a short timer.

Now Vatican power play is news! Y u b last 2 know? (28 May 2012)

If Pope Benedict’s 8th year is really his 7th, his time ends before May 2013 (7 July 2012)

Pope Benedict’s 8th year is really his 7th, because his ascension year was John-Paul II’s last year. Will Benedict XVI’s 7th year B his last (8 August 2012)

Pope #Benedict XVI As I read Daniel’s prophecy, 7’s number of completeness. His ascension year (zero) 2005. He might last till spring 2013? (30 September 2012)

Pope Benedict announced this morning (Monday February 11, 2013) that he is resigning as of 28 February 2013.

I'm putting my efforts into updating my book (Put-Out The Light) now, so I won't be online very much for a little while.

IMHO It is PAST time for the Virgins to wake up. ZZzzprayer

I think it interesting that the Pope chose Feb, 11 to announce his resignation. I found this while doing some research on dates and the occult. Take it for what it's worth.

11 "The number 11 is the Aquarian number since Aquarius is the 11th sign of the zodiac." (Sign of the New Age) [Pastor David Meyers, Last Trumpet Ministries; July, 2001]

The Satanist always places great power in numbers, especially the Black Magic Satanist. As we have stated in earlier articles, Daniel 8:23-25 tells us that the religion practiced by Antichrist is Black Magick; further, Revelation 17:17 tells us that the final 10 kings are of the same mindset and religion as Antichrist.

Satanists believe that a carefully planned event must be carried out according to the correct numbers, or it may not be successful. They go to great lengths to make an event occur according to the correct numbers. As Wescott explains, "... so 11 is the essence of all that is sinful, harmful, and imperfect." [ibid., p. 100] Thus, while 11 is very important, multiplication's are also important, such as 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, 88, and 99.

http://www.cuttingedge.org/News/n1756.cfm

Point taken on the Vatican. The matter of Catholic properties....I can foresee that might become a legal mess pretty quick. If the RCC handles its land titles similarly to the way the SDA church here in America does (title for properties held by the central offices, not the local churches) - the RCC case being the titles held in the Vatican (rather than the local Archdiocese) - seizure of property could be ruled upon in the courts as illegally seizing another country's land - an act of war.

1. War against a .2 square-mile "Country" with no standing army or police force?

2. Recall that the Vatican is arguing that the retired pope be housed in a facility inside the .2 square mile "country" because they have no security force capable of providing adequate security to the Pope outside of that .2 square mile enclosure.

3. If every Catholic school, church, university were considered a foreign embassy - and foreign soil - then none would ever have been subject to any local law enforcement - no condemnation of properties - etc all bills payed by the foreign government - and no possibility that a priest could be charged as anything but a foreign ambassador.

I don't think any of that holds up in any nation the Catholic church is in today.

I don't know who the supposed "country" is that is filing this complaint - but if there were one - and if they had a lot of Catholic holdings in their nation - it could be a problem for the RCC.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Bob,

Thanks for responding...

1. The "act of war" comment was in the context of the international relationship between nations, regardless of armed forces. One nation seizing another's land/property is regarded as act of war. My example of this would be the seriousness of the saber-rattling between the US and China with regard to what is occurring in the cyberworld. Theft of intellectual and digital property is falling under this concept today.

As the Vatican is a "sovereign nation", the action of "seizing its property" would fall under that concept - regardless if the Pope would be able to defend a real world situation with security or not.

2. I do recall the retiring Pope is going to be cloistered with the Vatican. There, he cannot face extradition, either - which is the main concern for Vatican officials with the Vatican banking scandal now brewing.

3. The scenario I proposed would be a possible legal maneuver designed to throw additional barriers into the mix as their defense. It is bad enough the current challenges in the US arenas are facing substantial hurdles and delays; the Vatican using that maneuver after a potential lost ruling would essentially be attempting to throw the case into the SCOTUS or the World Court. There are certain circles of thought who believe the Vatican would have a greater probability of success in those venues.

What would they have to lose? Some nut judge might actually buy the argument, to the consternation of most.

Right now, I know of one case against the Catholic church here in America with the sex abuse scandal, where the plaintiff's case is that the Vatican is liable (where the Pope, being the head of Catholic church, is the ultimate employer and payer of the priests, and director of their activities - the "Pope is the Catholic CEO" charge). There may be a couple of more, but I am not certain of it.

The lawyers involved have in mind accessing the Vatican treasury for awards and damages.

Obviously, there are some very high hurdles to clear to prove that....but we do live in interesting times....

Blessings,

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Apparently there was some sort of international rule set in 2002 that allows the Vatican and the Pope to be the subject of legal action.

in Christ,

Bob

Apparently there was some sort of international rule set in 2002 that allows the Vatican and the Pope to be the subject of legal action.

in Christ,

Bob

That indeed is news to me - I was unaware of that.

Seems the world was telling the Vatican they could be a sovereign country...but only to a point. Somebody in the world was farsighted enough to see what was going on then could bring ramifications down the road. Somebody trying to beat the Beast at its own game....Hmmm...

Thanks!

Blessings,

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Some are saying that something BIG is brewing and they are using this resignation to take the focus off something that is happening behind closed doors. Whether there is any truth to this, who knows but history does set some precedence how they operate. It is interesting to note that the Jesuit General also resigned, the first since their inception. Not that these two issues related--just interesting. The bible makes it clear that the Beast controls the entire world. It is highly unlikely that the EU which is Masonically controlled would do anything without the Jesuits giving the order. Does 1798 sound familiar? Again, who knows. What I do know is that black is white and white is black.

Apparently a homosexual network of priests and other problems that were leaked to the public -- possibly by the "Pope's Butler"??

http://www.theweek.co.uk/religion/51647/pope-quit-after-gay-clergy-network-discovered-vatican

in Christ,

Bob

Originally Posted By: Textus Receptus
Some are saying that something BIG is brewing and they are using this resignation to take the focus off something that is happening behind closed doors. Whether there is any truth to this, who knows but history does set some precedence how they operate. It is interesting to note that the Jesuit General also resigned, the first since their inception. Not that these two issues related--just interesting. The bible makes it clear that the Beast controls the entire world. It is highly unlikely that the EU which is Masonically controlled would do anything without the Jesuits giving the order. Does 1798 sound familiar? Again, who knows. What I do know is that black is white and white is black.

Apparently a homosexual network of priests and other problems that were leaked to the public -- possibly by the "Pope's Butler"??

http://www.theweek.co.uk/religion/51647/pope-quit-after-gay-clergy-network-discovered-vatican

in Christ,

Bob

Wow, gay clergy in their ranks! (hope you caught the sarcasim). You know, I have always wondered about this butler scandel. Frankly, I tend to try to find reasons for why things have transpired. FDR once quoted that "In politics, nothing happen by accident". I guess the same would be true of the most powerful organization in the world. It is my speculation that the butler was used as a pawn for some reason that has yet to be revealed. One theory that I have is that they are attempting to give the Vatican and the Holy See a PR face lift by exposing what is contra and later appologize to the masses for their indiscretions. Perhaps in doing so, they will give the impression that the Vatican is not inherently evil, but in need of reformation and renewal. This will ultimately gain symphathy by their parishes and possibly further their ecumenical efforts to further subjegate the protestant churches. Maybe making a progression towards a Vatican III? Any ideas?

These dates may be off by a year or two - but...

In 1763 Charles III banned the Jesuits from Spain

In 1773 the Pope abolished the Jesuit order "forever"

In 1798 the Pope was taken captive.

In 2008 the Jesuit General at the Vatican resigned. First time in 500 years.

In 2013 the Pope resigns.

I think the Catholic Church "has good days and bad days".

in Christ,

Bob

in Christ,

Bob

As I read Revelation 17, Benedict is the 7th head on the papal beast and there is not going to be another pope installed at this upcoming conclave of cardinals.

His child Henry 

Rev 17

5 Have fallen (Babylon, Medo Persia, Greece, Pagan Rome, Papal Rome)

1 Is - (France at the time of 1798 - atheism rises)

1 is yet to come (America will some day in the future speak as a dragon)

I don't think anything in that list indicates that Benedict is the last Pope.

in Christ,

Bob

• Members

I agree Bob

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Rev 17

5 Have fallen (Babylon, Medo Persia, Greece, Pagan Rome, Papal Rome)

1 Is - (France at the time of 1798 - atheism rises)

1 is yet to come (America will some day in the future speak as a dragon)

I don't think anything in that list indicates that Benedict is the last Pope.

in Christ,

Bob

His child Henry 

Well in Dan 7:17 the 4 beasts are four kings or empires... in Dan 7:24 the Ten horns are 10 kings or kingdoms.

the same is true in Rev 13 and 17 - the 7 heads are "7 kings" or empires.

1 - Babylon

2. Persia

3. Greece

4. Pagan Rome

5. Papal Rome

"Five have fallen" - at the point in time that the vision shows the harlot already having daughters, already drunk with the blood of the saints, already having false doctrine. Thus it is a future point for John - when the Papacy had already fallen at the point of 1798.

6. One is -- (France at the time of 1798 the fall of the Papacy) France and atheism.

7. One is yet to come.

No one is questioning that the beast that receives a deadly wound in 1798 in Rev 13 is the papacy. But the 7 heads and 4 animal descriptions go all the way back to Daniel 7.

Ellen White never says of the beast in Rev 13 that the 7 heads are 7 popes - rather what she said in the 1890's was that the second coming was supposed to have already happened. She never said anything about waiting for 5 or 6 more Popes.

In Christ,

Bob

Originally Posted By: BobRyan

in Christ,

Bob

As I read Revelation 17, Benedict is the 7th head on the papal beast and there is not going to be another pope installed at this upcoming conclave of cardinals.

Your theory is about to be tested my friend.

I think Malacy Martin's prediction back in the 16th century was that what we are about to see is "Peter the Roman" get elected as Pope and then presumably the end of the world.

in Christ,

Bob

Malachy apparently goes back to 1139 A.D. For his count of 111 Popes - plus "Peter the Roman"

interesting coincidence that in the 1980s, Adventist pastor Elder Jack Darnall had a dream where he saw what may have been our current president and the fact that a Pope that held his pontificate during that president's term would be the last Pope, and that this would be the last President.

in Christ,

Bob

Could you tell a bit more about Elder Darnall, and the dream?

Also, piggy backing on what HCH was saying about the Heads being individual Popes, we see this also in the book of Daniel. The Leopard represents Greece/Alexander the Great, but the 4 heads on the BEAST, represent the 4 GENERALS who ruled Greece after the death of Alexander. So there IS a Biblical precedent for a head being a specific ruler.

Well in Dan 7:17 the 4 beasts are four kings or empires...

Bob,

Thank you for sharing this information.

The answer takes Heaven's interpretation that the 4 sea-beasts are 4 earth-kings [Daniel 7:17} and from there the vision is used to explain the interpretation rather than the interpretation to explain the vision.

Add to that the fact that the word kingdom is only translated as such in Daniel and never in Ezra (that's the only other place where it is found in the Bible). It is a word that can be used as either kingdom or relating to the king's reign.

Based on the little bit you shared, so far I don't see enough evidence to make the conclusions that you suggest. Do you have anything else from Scripture or the Spirit of Prophecy that could help settle this apparent contradiction?

Blessings

His child Henry 

Could you tell a bit more about Elder Darnall, and the dream?

Also, piggy backing on what HCH was saying about the Heads being individual Popes, we see this also in the book of Daniel. The Leopard represents Greece/Alexander the Great, but the 4 heads on the BEAST, represent the 4 GENERALS who ruled Greece after the death of Alexander. So there IS a Biblical precedent for a head being a specific ruler.

Dear Paula,

As I understand Elder Darnall's dream, he had one or more and told his friends about it before his death. Nothing was ever written down for posterity. But now that President Obama is in office, people who heard him share the "dream" are sharing their recollection of what they remember of his communication with them.

Regarding the heads, Revelation 17:9-10 states with Strong's numbers included: " The seven <2033> heads <2776> are <1526> (5748) seven <2033> mountains <3735>, on <1909> which <846> the woman <1135> sitteth <2521> (5736) <3699>. And <2532> there are <1526> (5748) seven <2033> kings <935>: five <4002> are fallen <4098> (5627), and <2532> one <1520> is <2076> (5748), and the other <243> is <2064> <0> not yet <3768> come <2064> (5627); and <2532> when <3752> he cometh <2064> (5632), he <846> must <1163> (5748) continue <3306> (5658) a short space <3641>.

The word THERE that is in bold text is an added word. When it is left out the passage says: "The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth and are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space."

As I read it the heads of the beast are kings.

And that is how I put it in my book until someone can show me that it says something different.

Blessings

His child Henry