ClubAdventist is back!

An open letter to Ted Wilson, Lisa Beardsley-Hardy, Larry Blackmer....

olger

Quote:
Where among the alumni of LSU are the 7000 that have not bowed the knee to Baal?

So saying that LSU alumni are 'Idol Worshipers/Baal' is not demonizing? It's only truth telling? You have got to be kidding!!! Do you or any one else know the all the LSU alumni or their personal spiritual life? Do you or anyone else know all the facts on a first hand basis? Did God set you or anyone up as Judge and Jury? Sounds like a whole lot of presumption!!!

Thank you, but I will stand over in the shadows asking for God's mercy on me a sinner.

Out of curiosity -- has anyone here read 3T 265-272 dealing with the subject of addressing sin in the camp of the saints pros-and-cons??

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

I believe the judging the Bible speaks of has to do with who is saved and who is not! Also motives, only God knows the heart.

Incorrect Sir.

There are two differing words for judgement in the Bible.

One is condemnation. Don't do that. "Judge not that ye be not judged.."

Two is discernment. Use a lot of it. "Judge righteous judgement."

It amazes me that so many individuals can quote the first definition involuntarily and are blind to the second definition.

Rejoice always,

G

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Good news.

Michael Peabody ~

UPDATE: On the day of the scheduled vote, February 21, 2013, counsel for La Sierra University determined that the bylaws indicate that all constituency meetings must take place on the university campus and that no vote could take place as scheduled. The Westlake Village meeting was used for information and discussion on the proposed bylaws and a new, properly noticed and venued meeting is expected before WASC meets on June 19. Barring substantive changes in the proposed bylaws, the concerns in this article remain the same. http://religiousliberty.tv/abuse-of-auth...in-america.html

Unlike · · Follow Post · 2 hours ago

Harvard University is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).

Princeton University is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSACS)

Harvard and Yale are both regionally and professionally accredited. Yale even flaunts their regional accreditation with a dedicated web site for that purpose.

http://www.yale.edu/accred/

But given that -- the point of SDA universities was never that we become the best public universities that tithe, gift, offering and tuition dollars could buy.

There never was a desire to divert funds away from evangelism and toward competing with Yale as if Harvard and Yale did not know enough about Calculus or Chemistry or history to serve humanity. That was never the founding mission of the church or any of our teaching institutions.

in Christ,

Bob

It seems to me that for a lot of SDA parents and students the primary role of SDA universities is as a matrimonial college to ensure that the young people marry Adventists. And they would like to think that while that primary mission is going on - the education that they get there is not poor or substandard.

And yet we were warned that SHOULD our schools turn into matrimonial colleges as their primary mission - they should shut down. And so some of them have turned to that primary marketing mission - and we have not shut them down and now a few of them are the source of every wind of doctrine and turning the young adults away from the message of the church that created those institutions to start with.

Sow to the wind - reap the whirlwind.

in Christ,

Bob

Not sure what you're talking about. It is of course important that Adventists marry fellow Adventists. Which of our colleges has stated that their primary goal is marriage instead of education? I don't think that is the problem La Sierra is having.

Remember Adventists Online?

• Moderators

I don't think that SDAs marrying SDAs is the primary goal of any of our colleges, Windsor, but I have often heard that stated as a Very Important Goal by parents.

LD

LD

I would concur that it is an important goal. It's the last place most unmarried Adventist young people are surrounded by others like them. Once they leave college, most take jobs where they're the only Adventist around and the temptation to marry someone outside the faith becomes quite great. It's happened to quite a few people I know many who never went to an Adventist college (whose last contact with large numbers of Adventists was high school) and many who went to one and never found a spouse there. They've left the church, and I can only hope they return.

I don't have a horse in this race, but it seems to me that the author of the open letter is confusing church control and clergy control.

God never said "Thou shalt not think".

Simply marrying an Adventist is not a guarantee of God's will, or of long-term happiness.

It is wise to look deeper than that.

• Administrators

Simply marrying an Adventist is not a guarantee of God's will, or of long-term happiness.

Amen & Amen

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Moderators

I think you have to look at all the pros and cons of the various colleges.

On the financial end, if you have enough money or scholarships to attend an SDA college, that is great, but if not, it is important to determine if you want to saddle your life with huge debt. College loan debt is making it very hard for SDA young people to do anything but work hard for decades. Debt makes it difficult for them to have the flexibility they might want in order to involve themselves in mission, here or anywhere. It makes it difficult for them to be as involved with their children as they would want to be. In my opinion, college loan debt has done more to damage the families in the SDA church than anyone wants to admit.

You can be creative in designing your college experience now, combining inexpensive local colleges for the basics, online education, and on-campus experiences for the personal connection. Check first with the SDA colleges and see what they have to offer in flexible education plans.

LD

LD

You're looking at it backwards. Of course there's no guarantee of happiness in marrying an Adventist. However, there is a guarantee of strife in marrying one outside the faith. Start with looking for an Adventist at an absolute minimum. Then move on from there to look at deeper things.