ClubAdventist is back!

Sad Story from Atlantic Union and GNY Conferences.

JoeMo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ClubV12

• JoeMo

• debbym

• Paula

Top Posters In This Topic

If you scroll down the page on the link, it talks about six seperate cases of misconduct by officers of these conferences. These cases are still pending because these officers have the power to keep the cases off of meeting agendas. At least one case involves a pastor calling the police and filing complaints of criminal trespass against 2 card-carrying members of the church. One case is over a year and a half old.

What is upsetting to you, JoeMo? The policies, the adherence (or non-adherence as the case may be) to the policies, or the misconduct by the officers of the conferences?

The misconduct and the conferences' refusal to deal with it. It reeks of hypocrisy to me. To ban people from their own church with no due process (i.e., no church discipline or disfellowship) is wrong to me. Maybe these people have issues? I don't know. All I know is Jesus wouldn't turn people away. What (in a spiritual sense) gives these mere mortals the right to single-handedly bar people from attendancing their own church? Yeah, I know the "owner" of the propery might have a legal right to do so; but is this the "owner's" church or God's church?

I really didn't want to air denominational dirty laundry here; that's why I just posted the link. Am I the only one here that thinks this sucks?

Well, I for one don't get to carried away when I see a website such as the one you posted. Just going by it name sets off flags!! What is their real goal in life? One could do some research to see if what they are posting is the actual truth. Their are a lot of sites like that that seem to be going down the road of looking for issues and then putting on their own spin. They usually consider themselves 'watch dogs' of the Church and only searching for truth....but I always ask 'whose truth'!!

I don't know if they are right or wrong, for me its gets into the 'rumor mongering' category. The 2nd part of it, is that I just don't have the time to listen to all of the supposed goings on around the world of the church and keep up with my own life! Not saying you are, but those types of sites...well....!

Just call be suspicious!!!

• Administrators

I have yet to see the other side of the issue coming from the NAD, rather than the one who has this site. It is a long story...

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I understand where you're coming from CoAspen. This is a hot topic on another SDA Board that is comprised mostly of people from the Northeast. I usually don't get my hackles up about internal church stuff, either; but for some reason, this really bothered me. Really? Banning people from attending their own home church?

I know of a number of members that have been banned from the church because of member misconduct. However, they were given warnings and were shown what would need to transpire before they could return. It wasn't simply being kicked out without the church board meeting and agreeing to it.

Remember Adventists Online?

Well, I for one don't get to carried away when I see a website such as the one you posted. Just going by it name sets off flags!! What is their real goal in life? One could do some research to see if what they are posting is the actual truth. Their are a lot of sites like that that seem to be going down the road of looking for issues and then putting on their own spin. They usually consider themselves 'watch dogs' of the Church and only searching for truth....but I always ask 'whose truth'!!

I don't know if they are right or wrong, for me its gets into the 'rumor mongering' category. The 2nd part of it, is that I just don't have the time to listen to all of the supposed goings on around the world of the church and keep up with my own life! Not saying you are, but those types of sites...well....!

Just call be suspicious!!!

The name gives you a right to be suspicious. I was surprised to see how generally supportive this one is of church leadership. I did not see any comments on these issues, just links.

• Members

I have to agree with others, I'm not sure what I'm looking at for one thing? And the other, all I see is quotes from this and that. I've lived up here in the northeast for many years, not sure of how many misconduct events they've had? I know if a few and they were taken care of to everyone's satisfaction. there will always be 2 sides to every story. Again I think you need to be more specific or just let it go.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I have to agree with pk and CoA on this one.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

I saw accusations go up as far as Dan Jackson and I thought to myself, That can't be right- I KNOW Dan Jackson. He was our Conference President here and he did well.

Something just don't add up...

So that is when I stopped following the story. I didn't have both sides of what had happened and just can't say one way or the other.

I don't know if it is any of my business anyway.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

I'm just gonna let it go. Getting in an uproar about church internal politics leads to nothing but frustration.

<end of thread>

JoeMo don't stop on anyone's account, stop because you think its the right think to do. There's always gonna be these stories, true or madeup. We are all human, not that that excuses anything.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I saw accusations go up as far as Dan Jackson and I thought to myself, That can't be right- I KNOW Dan Jackson. He was our Conference President here and he did well.

Something just don't add up...

So that is when I stopped following the story. I didn't have both sides of what had happened and just can't say one way or the other.

I don't know if it is any of my business anyway.

I agree Gail. My thoughts are that there will always be those who want to tear down the church for a huge variety of reasons. I will just not be a part of it.

I believe in Hematology.

Thanks pk; but I'm not gonna rail on something that pretty much everyone else doesn't see the issue. I rub enough people the wrong way on C/A that the last people I want to have think I'm a little nuts are the people on here that I consider friends - like you. I admit that I'm a little bit "out there" a lot of the time; but the unanimous feedback here seems to be "I don't understand". Maybe it's me that doesn't understand; so I am truly OK with just dropping this thread. See you elsewhere on C/A.

Quote:
Maybe it's me that doesn't understand

I don't think you are alone JoeMo. I didn't see any 'facts'. So - I don't see that there is anything to understand.

I believe in Hematology.

Well I wouldn't exactly call Dan Jackson a favorite among the conservative members of the church. He had some unkind remarks for David Asscherick and his support of women's ordination is not exactly a secret.

Remember Adventists Online?