ClubAdventist is back!

Accrediting Body Threatens Spiritual Mission of La Sierra University

phkrause

• Members

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

This is the same university that named a wing after an abortionist. Me thinks that the university is not really SDA in thought anymore. I think that the SDA denomination should look at the possibility of getting rid of this school. But then, the SDAs have someoine that goes to the UN and all. I am beginning to wonder if some parts of this denomination might not be some parts of the problems out there.

This school has caught a lot in the media, religious and secular in the last 2 years for its stance on theistic evolution, with a number of its professors denouncing a literal 6 day creation.

Happy Sabbath.

• Administrators

Very significant news.

This is a very serious time for La Sierra. I believe the school is more threatened by the lack of accepting God's leadership in the school then by the WASC.

Without submission to God they have no protection from the will of the WASC and continued secularization.

I do hope they rein themselves in from this secularization, and do not needlessly come under the inappropriate control of the WASC.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

This litigation over a relatively small amount of money could have significantly weakened the Establishment Clause protections that churches enjoy and two Adventist unions, the Pacific Union Conference and the North Pacific Union Conference were concerned enough that both signed onto an amicus brief in opposition to CUC.

That is an odd statement. If the Pacific Union is not in control of LSU - who is?? just the LSU president??

Is there nobody watching the fox and the hen house -- but the fox?

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.