ClubAdventist is back!

Gay Marriage

HopefulOne

An Amazing Fact:

Yet another attack on Holy Scripture has been unleashed—it’s called the Queen James Version of the Bible. A group of anonymous “scholars” has edited the major Bible passages that condemn homosexuality in an effort to make the lifestyle appear acceptable. Then they had the audacity to take the purity of the rainbow—God’s covenant symbol—and place it on the cover of their new translation.

The rainbow—a magnificent representation of God’s everlasting covenant with us—has been hijacked! And make no mistake; this is no accident. It is part of an orchestrated campaign to make sexual behavior that God has clearly condemned appear normal and acceptable.

The rainbow appears on a new, blasphemous translation of the Bible labeled the “Queen James Version.” Here is just one example of how they have tampered with Scripture in an effort to promote their views …

The real King James version of Leviticus 18:22 says: Thou shalt not lie with mankind,as with womankind: it is abomination. That should be clear enough!

But they have altered this verse to read:” Thou shall not lie with mankind, as with womankind in the temple of Molech:it is abomination.”

The real version of Romans 1:26, 27 reads, “For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful” (NKJV).

Compare the real text to this version: “Their women did change their natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, left of the natural use of the woman, burned in ritual lust, one toward another.”

See that? They simply invented words—“in ritual lust”—to make this verse sound as if it’s only talking about idolatry. And this is just one shameful example! Remember the curse pronounced against those who tamper with God’s Holy Word? (See Revelation 22:18, 19!)

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,.. 1 Cor 6:9 (KJV)…..Jesus Blood can cover this sin ,But they must repent and turn from their sin.

Marriage Under Attack

Please don’t get me wrong. God doesn’t hate homosexuals, and neither do I. But they are falling for the same trap Satan set when he cynically asked Eve, “Has God indeed said …?”

This same deceiving spirit is behind the effort to change the definition of marriage in our country. In just a few weeks, the U.S. Supreme Court will hear a case on whether the Defense of Marriage Act—which defines marriage as being between a man and a woman—is unconstitutional. So The Great Rainbow Robbery will continue unless we contend for the truth!

The Obama Administration has taken the defiant position of refusing to defend the marriage law passed by Congress. In fact, the president’s supportive position toward homosexual marriage secured him a place on the cover of Newsweek magazine—with a rainbow halo around his head and the title of “The First Gay President.”

What can you and I do?

We need to confront this terrible tide, and the best way to expose this darkness is by turning on the light. Our world desperately needs to hear the real message about God’s holy moral law in a powerful and loving way that’s still relevant for today.

This is really frontline evangelism. As we exalt God’s law and His love, the lost will find Jesus. Your support will make it possible for us to produce and distribute this new study series at a time when His law of love is being disregarded by so many.

“If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?” (Psalm 11:3 NKJV). The foundation of our morals is under attack. Let’s work together to restore the rainbow as a symbol of salvation and proclaim His message of love and righteousness in a world so desperate for present truth!

Please give today. You can make a difference. I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Pastor Doug Batchelor www.amazingfacts.org

Amazing Facts

P.O. Box 1058

Roseville, CA 95678-8058

Phone: (916) 434-3880

Fax: (916) 434-3889

Order Dept.: (800) 538-7275

Office Hours: 8:30am-6:00pm Pacific Time (Monday-Thursday)

Sunday, a child of the Papacy, has taken the place of God's holy Sabbath. As Nebuchadnezzar made a golden image, and set it up to be worshiped by all, so Sunday is placed before the people to be regarded as sacred. This day bears not a vestige of sanctity, yet it is held up to be honored by all. {RH, April 27, 1911 par. 6}

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gregory Matthews

• BobRyan

• HopefulOne

• Ted Oplinger

Gay marriage "a state odf disgrace"

Youtube sermon link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjyIMw9BvZI

Sunday, a child of the Papacy, has taken the place of God's holy Sabbath. As Nebuchadnezzar made a golden image, and set it up to be worshiped by all, so Sunday is placed before the people to be regarded as sacred. This day bears not a vestige of sanctity, yet it is held up to be honored by all. {RH, April 27, 1911 par. 6}

Doug Batchelor doesn't address a key question anywhere in this "amazing fact." That question is: Why should Biblical principles be legally enforced? Do we as Adventists really believe that religious bodies should be able to pass laws rendering "immoral" behavior according to their interpretation of the Bible illegal?

You need to watch the youtube sermon.

This will put everything in its proper perspective.

The supreme court is not a religious body.Also it is not the goal to outlaw a gay lifestyle.

If all of creation suddenly turn gay,that would lead to extinction of the species because no more babies would be born.

God instituted marriage between man and women to populate the earth.

This is a self evident truth to quote pastor doug.

The sermon really will help a lot of people understand what is at stake here. It is not about human rights or discrimination.

Please watch the sermon.

If all of creation suddenly turn gay,that would lead to extinction of the species because no more babies would be born.

Artificial insemination.

EC said:Artificial insemination.

I actually thought of the same thing EC.

Good point.The human family may be able to survive that way for a while,

but the animal world would not. There may be some far fetch ideas about how they could be Artificially inseminated but in the animal kingdom it sounds like a lot of work.

Thanks for participating.

I am happy that you are choosing to be with Gods people on His day at club adventist.

Please keep coming back !

Originally Posted By: HopefulOne

Artificial insemination.

Actually, even regular insemination would still work. People just wouldn't be using male-female coitus for pleasure.

Originally Posted By: HopefulOne

Originally Posted By: EmptyCross
Artificial insemination.

Actually, even regular insemination would still work. People just wouldn't be using male-female coitus for pleasure.

Yuppers, so if the whole world turned gay,(not gonna even get into the whole turning vs. born issue) we could keep the human race going with very little trouble.

• Moderators

What would you have to do? Make assignments? Sounds more complicated than it needs to be. I like the way we were created, and I know the world runs best with everything running as the Creator designed.

LD

Thank you Lynn..I believe the purpose of this posting was getting a little off track..LOL..thanks for putting it back on track.

EC said:Artificial insemination.

I am happy that you are choosing to be with Gods people on His day at club adventist.

I am with the Divines people every day Hopeful.

The massive moral shift taking shape around us is fast eliminating any neutral ground on this issue. Those celebrating the moral normalization of homosexuality will demand an answer from us all.

Good to see where people stand!

Appreciate Batchelor's faithfulness to Biblical truth.

G

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Thank you all for your kind support and sensitivity.

This is a very real issue we are all facing in these last days.

The straw that broke the camels back as it were was gay marriage contracts

in Sodom and Gomorrah and also in Noahs day according to the sermon i posted above.

Legalizing sin was and will be the downfall of many nations.

We need to pray and fast that the Supreme court does not do what France just recently did and many of our states have done.

The massive moral shift taking shape around us is fast eliminating any neutral ground on this issue. Those celebrating the moral normalization of homosexuality will demand an answer from us all.

Good to see where people stand!

Appreciate Batchelor's faithfulness to Biblical truth.

G

agreed. I notice something when it comes to Christian denominations and this particular issue.

1. No denomination embraces the gay marriage / gay agenda that has not first embraced faith in evolutionism by the same people who want to promote gay marriage etc.

2. No denomination embraces evolutionism without first dropping their faith in the literal trustworthy nature of Genesis 1 and 2 and the first marriage as God states it, as well as the first Sabbath in Gen 2 as God states it - still applicable to mankind today.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Nobody yet answered my original question. It is a serious one and I am baffled as to why Adventists, a people who at least should be strong on the concept of separation of church and state, seem to have trouble thinking it through and answering it. Please don't tell me to listen to the sermon; I want to know what YOU think. Maybe I'm not being clear enough to obtain a clear answer? Also, points taken from your answer, HopefulOne. Here is my question again, rephrased:

If you believe that marriage equality should not be enforced on the grounds that homosexuality is a sin: Why should this Biblical principle be legally codified?

As to your other points:

It's true that the supreme court is not a religious body. It is largely religious organizations that are hoping to influence their decision on the legality of marriage discrimination. It is largely religious organizations that are opposed to marriage equality, on religious grounds. Perhaps no one is seeking to make being gay illegal--although it HAS been illegal in many places for a very long time, and discrimination against gay people is in fact legal in many states and in many ares of the law, including employment and marriage law. So maybe it's not "illegal to be gay" but if people are not afforded the same rights as straight citizens by dint of the fact that they are gay, what's the difference?

Your "If all of creation suddenly turn(ed) gay" point is baffling to me. It has never been shown that more than 10% of the human population is homosexual. In fact, recent studies have determined the percentage is more on the order of 3-5%. So where is this fear of human extinction coming from? And what does it have to do with equal rights under the law?

If God instituted marriage to populate the earth, well, great, the earth is populated richly. My original question still stands. Maybe God wants things one way according to our religion. Is that a reason to deny someone legal rights? We are not talking about whether being gay is right or wrong. We are talking about equal rights under the law.

It surprises me no end that a religion that warns about things like Sunday laws, a religion that fights for separation of church and state in courts of law all over the country, would advocate for denial of equal rights under the law on the basis of religious philosophy. It seems backwards to me. I truly don't understand the position.

Thanks for considering my questions. I am very interested in the thoughts of anyone reading this thread. I have asked the question of other Adventists and never heard a thoughtful, cogent answer.

From the CNN article HopefulOne just posted:

"What we've said is that same-sex couples are a group, a class that deserves heightened scrutiny. The Supreme Court needs to ask the state why it's doing it, and if the state doesn't have a good reason, it should be struck down. That's the core principle, as applied to this case," Obama said Friday.

This is precisely what I'm talking about. Legally, one group should not be discriminated against or denied equal rights without a valid reason. Should a religious interpretation of a Biblical principle be considered a valid reason?

kailooa said: one group should not be discriminated against or denied equal rights without a valid reason

The valid reasons you are looking for are in your Bible.If you beleive in the inspired Word of God.This has nothing to do with equal rights or love or discrimination.

Please watch the recommended video above.

Thank you

So are you saying that Biblical principles should be legislated? This should be a Christian country by law? Do I understand you correctly?

No you do not understand and maybe you never will.

You can Email doug batchelor at amazing facts.

They will answer any question you put to them.

Good luck Friend.