ClubAdventist is back!

When is it ok to leave the church??

well, there is a really unspoken topic.

Seriously guys/gals - i have been to churches that are dead spiritually/manipulative/controlling/focus on the world and not on God/suppressing people & young Christians.

Now we have covered the Pastors :laugh:

what i have experienced above was just the pastors (also gloating about manipulation).

i understand that we are all human and we all have our faults - and we are taught in the bible to fellowship with one another, but i can't seem to get over these major problems with pastors - that filter down and poison the congregation.

so when is it time to say "Enough" "This is harming me spiritually".

The key is to assembled together with like minded believers - and I find that you will find many of that type - in church.

The fact that a pastor here or there may apostatize or that compromise takes control of this or that local congregation or this or that church administrator - is in God's hands. The shaking is coming. Let us be among those who will assemble together and spread the Gospel to others - and praise God for the doctrinal truth this last day church has been given - it is an ark of safety in a time of world wide deception.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Administrators

Good time to evangelise some neighbours! Or at least start a Bible study so that you are being fed.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators
thumbsup

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• 4 weeks later...

Seriously guys/gals - i have been to churches that are dead spiritually/manipulative/controlling/focus on the world and not on God/suppressing people & young Christians.

what i have experienced above was just the pastors (also gloating about manipulation).

i understand that we are all human and we all have our faults - and we are taught in the bible to fellowship with one another, but i can't seem to get over these major problems with pastors - that filter down and poison the congregation.

I chose to stop attending church when it dawned on me that I was angered and disappointed every time I went to church. Now, I am a much happier person.

Originally Posted By: chrysalis

I chose to stop attending church when it dawned on me that I was angered and disappointed every time I went to church. Now, I am a much happier person.

I am glad your are a happier person - but what was it about your church that angered/disappointed you? I hope I'm not intruding here...

Blessings,

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Originally Posted By: cricket

I am glad your are a happier person - but what was it about your church that angered/disappointed you? I hope I'm not intruding here...

Blessings,

The common imbalance of regard for Everyman.

• Moderators

The church too easily becomes a community of little cliques unless there is an organized effort, plan, and/or training for members to befriend new people. Since that usually doesn't happen, I've decided I will do it on my own, even if no one else does. I search for the potluck table that is most empty and invite myself to join. I look for the lost-looking in the foyer and get acquainted, make an effort to learn their names, seek them out from week to week, send emails, invite some to my home. I've met the most lovely -- and lonely -- people that way.

I would have left church long ago if I thought it was there to feed me. I figure each of us are there for each other.

LD

LD

Humans are humans whether they attend church of not.

If we see an imbalance in some aspect - the best thing is to try and do the best to balance it

with our presence and witness. The church is where our Lord and Saviour wants us to be

and to witness. All churches have their difficulties because humans are involved.

Yes, Christian - young Christian babes. And we all fall in that category.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

I am not saying I am very good at this kind of outreach. I am a natural introvert, but since God has put this issue on my heart, I do my best, though I bungle sometimes.

LD

LD

I am not saying I am very good at this kind of outreach. I am a natural introvert, but since God has put this issue on my heart, I do my best, though I bungle sometimes.

LD

Excellent LynnDel.

We each need to be there to try and bless others as you have mentioned. If all we are there for is to GET what we can ... it will not be a good place to be.

We each need to do our part to lift up another. Then church will be meaningful.

I believe in Hematology.

Start a Sabbath School class in church.

Ask if anyone is interested in church planting.

Get involved in a home-Bible fellowship with people in your church.

Since you have not said anything specific about the Pastor - I assume that you are not being fed pure error in church.

in Christ,

Bob

Quote:
Humans are humans whether they attend church of not.

If we see an imbalance in some aspect - the best thing is to try and do the best to balance it

with our presence and witness. The church is where our Lord and Saviour wants us to be

and to witness. All churches have their difficulties because humans are involved.

Yes, Christian - young Christian babes. And we all fall in that category.

I agree Woody. I would also propose that, for those who are extraverts, it is time to take Jesus to the streets. His most effective ministries were in the streets. He met a lot of resistance form the church.

I think it one of the real reason is that people become pastors who were not really 'called' to be Pastors. For instance, some who choose to become a pastor for simply the reason that their father was or because they like 'helping' people. Frankly, an apostate pastor is simply not either 1. studying the word of God and the voice of prophesy or 2. are willfully ingnoring the difficult paths and chosing much more accepted ones. Anyone with comprehension skills can read what has been delineated for our churches.

Frankly, an apostate pastor is simply not either 1. studying the word of God and the voice of prophesy or 2. are willfully ingnoring the difficult paths and chosing much more accepted ones.

Ahh yes - the tickling ears problem that Paul talks about.

in Christ,

Bob

• Administrators

talk to your conference. perhaps this minister can be dismissed and replaced.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

I had an SDA pastor that was a Baptist. He and his wife converted in their 20's and he went to the finest SDA universities. But he was still a Baptist at heart.

I told him so once.

Then he preached a series of "what I believe" sermons. He believed in the state of the dead, the 2300-years, the sanctuary...

After hearing him go through all the basic SDA teachings and profess to believe them, I told him he was still a Baptist at heart.

I earnestly prayed for him. Then one day I heard one of his sermons and I prayed, "Lord remove him from our midst." Abruptly, he resigned from his pastorate and the conference.

Most of the church members had their hearts broken when he left. They saw a godly man, a good preacher leaving their midst. But as I prayed for him in private, I thanked God that this unconverted man that said all the right things was not in a position to lead the flock astray any longer.

If there is a problem that you see in a preacher or the church. Pray that God will convert him and/or the church. And if that does not happen, then ask God to correct the problem as He sees best. God is in charge and His timing is awesome.

As a member of the church, you are responsible for its well being. By your example and prayer life, can make a difference and your influence needs to be as God would have it.

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

The church too easily becomes a community of little cliques unless there is an organized effort, plan, and/or training for members to befriend new people. Since that usually doesn't happen, I've decided I will do it on my own, even if no one else does. I search for the potluck table that is most empty and invite myself to join. I look for the lost-looking in the foyer and get acquainted, make an effort to learn their names, seek them out from week to week, send emails, invite some to my home. I've met the most lovely -- and lonely -- people that way.

I would have left church long ago if I thought it was there to feed me. I figure each of us are there for each other.

LD

I think you're correct in as far as you take your thought, but I think the cause is much deeper. It's because there isn't a love for others that causes us to reach out. And that lack of love for others is a result of a lack of love for God.

There's a lot of things that cause that lack of love for God but one of the big things is we get stale and lose our first love because we stop being missionaries right where we live. We start out that way and then slowly move away from sharing Christ. When we stop sharing Christ with others we become stagnant pools, instead of springs of living water.

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

The Church is missionary school! LD is onto something big here. We "practice" on each other as well as visitors that come to Church. At my Church there are a few of us that sit together for a few minutes at lunch, to encourage each other and talk about the needs of people. Then, we "move out". Each one of us looking for that person or group that could also benefit from encouragment. Or maybe they just need to talk, to unload with somebody. In that process you might learn some detail of what they need, so you can pray for them intelligently as the need may be. This really helps to understand what to say, how to say it, what to do when witnessing in the community or everyday life.

Yup, Church is "school"!

The makeup of the church is far more important than the makeup of the pastor. It's usually the members that destroy a church's ministry rather than the pastor. OF course the members often times destroy the pastor.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
OF course the members often times destroy the pastor.
.....and even boast about it!! Think I would put up a lightning rod being around such a person...just saying!

The makeup of the church is far more important than the makeup of the pastor. It's usually the members that destroy a church's ministry rather than the pastor. OF course the members often times destroy the pastor.

Yes, I saw how some of the members absolutely destroyed the pastor. he is better now that he finally got moved but still, I saw some of the nastiness that I did noty and do not approve of.