ClubAdventist is back!

When is it ok to leave the church??

• Moderators

The makeup of the church is far more important than the makeup of the pastor. It's usually the members that destroy a church's ministry rather than the pastor. OF course the members often times destroy the pastor.

Preach! Woody Preach!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

The makeup of the church is far more important than the makeup of the pastor. It's usually the members that destroy a church's ministry rather than the pastor. OF course the members often times destroy the pastor.

:like:

I know there are times pastors need to be held in check, but destroying a pastor's ministry is beyond the pale.

When I hear of someone bragging about how they "chased off a pastor", I know I am dealing with a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Blessings,

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Quote:
Quote:
OF course the members often times destroy the pastor.
.....and even boast about it!! Think I would put up a lightning rod being around such a person...just saying!

Amen! I saw this happen at a large church I used to go to - twice in 3 years. Furthermore, it followed the secular "Golden Rule" - you know - "he who has the gold rules".

The wealthy people in the church started a campaign complaining to the conferece about the pastors - both very reasonable men - and they were suddenly gone. A bunch of people who saw what was going on also left - some leaving the denomination altogether and some just transferring membership. It was a very sad situation.

Originally Posted By: Woody

Preach! Woody Preach!

Can I believe my ears? Or in this case my eyes? ???

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators
If I had a problem with my local church, I'd probably go to another close by rather than have a confrontation. If there is not another church, then I'd follow Mt 18's counsel. In fact, in my present mindset, I would probably do the latter first. My wife was getting very annoyed with the almost weekly altar calls. So I took our pastor to lunch and had a private talk with him. That took care of the problem.