ClubAdventist is back!

The Termination of Pastor Ryan Bell

Stan

Am talking about those who try to impersonate God and the Holy Spirit, and convict people of their sins. Too often even the local church is not good enough for them, they don't return the Lord's tithe, yet proclaim themselves to be Adventist and are full of all wisdom and knowledge.

They leave victims all over the place.

That just sounds like some really bad people who don't know the Lord. I don't know that I would call that the right wing of the SDA church.

In fact, I know that I wouldn't.

I have a few of those folks in my Sabbath School class, non-members of the Church that have Ellen White memorized, locked and loaded! Who love to hand out literature to any visitors, literature of a questionable nature. The Pastor, board, etc. will be meeting to see how we can address this issue in the proper way.

RLH, in SOME cases these are deeply sincere people who truly believe they are doing the Lords work and giving a needed message. I see them as precious souls in need of help. I struggle with finding the balance in dealing with issues of "arguing" (literal arguing, raised voices, etc.) in Sabbath School, or the foyer or the parking lot. Not all of them, some of them, on occasion.

It's very difficult to know what to do. I thank the Father for these lessons on patience, love, mercy mixed with justice to protect others in the flock.

As for some that think I'M a legalist, let me introduce you to a few REAL ones! :)

I tend to avoid labels when I can. It's just another sign that the shaking is picking up speed. There is NO WAY the Saints will be "perfectly united" until it's over. And I don't believe it will be over until we experience serious persecution.

Like when that social security check stops coming because I refused to sign some Federal document. Or you loose your job just because they don't like "trouble makers". Or your house, your car, it's gonna get real ugly before we are "perfectly united".

Coasp: http://www.ryanjbell.net/

1) I direct your attention to the third paragraph and the fourth sentence.

2) See also the fourth paragraph and the fourth sentence.

Blessings,

gcw

There are no specifics as to what the .org agreed with. So, again, we do not know what he was supposed to be doing wrong.

Any one have any specifics.............????

Quote:

There are no specifics as to what the .org agreed with. So, again, we do not know what he was supposed to be doing wrong.

Any one have any specifics.............????

There is no doubt specifics need not be explained to the general public when the board makes a decision, when we are willing to admit the ones that made the final decision are most likely just as honorable Christians as we choose to believe we ourselves are. What one of us would be willing to broadcast all the evil aspects of our past life when actions to expel us were initiated, especially if we felt explanations to those with authority could explain mitigating circumstances to their satisfaction for possible reinstatement.

Is it at all possible for anyone to be allowed any position of righteous endeavor if we must wait until 100% of the body of Christ agrees on the re-enstatement?

Having read Mr. Ryan Bell's comments I'm satisfied he was moved by God's Spirit to accept the board's decision and move on to other things God might have in store for him.

"The Lord has declared today that you are his people, his own special treasure, just as he promised, and that you must obey all his commands. And if you do, he will set you high above all the other nations he has made. Then you will receive praise, honor, and renown. You will be a nation that is holy to the Lord your God, just as he promised.”"

Deuteronomy 26:18,19 NLT

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

I grew up in an Adventist home, however we lived about 40 miles from the nearest church and no car so attending church was rare. We would every few years visit family in California and there be in contact with more adventists. As a child I clearly saw two types of Adventists. One was full of these Ellen White quotes letting everyone know that they were doing things wrong. I eventually came to believe that that group was right because one of the memory verses was "SUFFER the children to come unto me"

• Administrators

I have a few of those folks in my Sabbath School class, non-members of the Church that have Ellen White memorized, locked and loaded! Who love to hand out literature to any visitors, literature of a questionable nature. The Pastor, board, etc. will be meeting to see how we can address this issue in the proper way.

RLH, in SOME cases these are deeply sincere people who truly believe they are doing the Lords work and giving a needed message. I see them as precious souls in need of help. I struggle with finding the balance in dealing with issues of "arguing" (literal arguing, raised voices, etc.) in Sabbath School, or the foyer or the parking lot. Not all of them, some of them, on occasion.

It's very difficult to know what to do. I thank the Father for these lessons on patience, love, mercy mixed with justice to protect others in the flock.

As for some that think I'M a legalist, let me introduce you to a few REAL ones! :)

adoh Poor ClubV! Those kind are not the easiest to live with.

It reminds me of when Martin Luther had to deal with the fanaticism that arose after he got the Reformation all fired up.

He did not attack their "doctrine". He gave a series of really good, level-headed, solid sermons that drew the people. The strategy was a success.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

I grew up in an Adventist home, however we lived about 40 miles from the nearest church and no car so attending church was rare. We would every few years visit family in California and there be in contact with more adventists. As a child I clearly saw two types of Adventists. One was full of these Ellen White quotes letting everyone know that they were doing things wrong. I eventually came to believe that that group was right because one of the memory verses was "SUFFER the children to come unto me"

LOL

I was scared that I was going to be the next person talked about for not being good enough. That was a BIG lesson I never forgot.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I fail to see how Ryan Bell did a thing wrong. He reached out to those that nobody else wants to touch. I would expect that at least 50% of those will become good old fashioned SDA's in due time and they would not have had he not opened his heart and church to them. The other 50% will probably reach out to others and show the same love and compassion that Pastor Bell showed them.

So...we have no facts, but, and this is a biiiiiggggg but, people feel free to gossip about the persons reason for leaving and make assumptions about him!!

All is well in the world, the usual attitudes continue...

So...we have no facts, but, and this is a biiiiiggggg but, people feel free to gossip about the persons reason for leaving and make assumptions about him!!

How can you breath down there with all that sand on your head? Pull your head out man!

Gossip? Assumptions? The man was fired for disseminating something other than Adventist doctrine. It's a verifiable fact. And he said so in his own words.

And it's fairly easy to see just from watching the video, that what they are peddling is not Adventism. Plain and simple. That's not what SDAs believe.

Do you really believe that teaching people that it's a sin to think being "Hetero" is normal, is SDA doctrine? Or compatible with it in any way?

They've made up a new sin. "Heterosexism" LOL

This reminds me of a CEO firing a high level President of the company, for... Well a CEO doesn't always need a specific reason. Sometimes it just for the good of the company, incompatible goals, can't work together, miscommunication, there are many reasons.

I see all the above and more in Ryans case. There is not "one thing" you could put your finger on that alone might justify his removal. But the weight of the overall evidence, as I've looked at it, tells me the Conference made the right call.

Lots of people are going to want specifics, well, they probably aren't going to get them! And there not going to be invited to a board room to discuss it either.

The GOOD angels wanted specifics as to where Lucifer was "fired", they still weren't sure until Christ was crucified thousands of years later. Sometimes, we don't get all the answers we want. At some point, you have to faith in the leadership. If you don't at some point theres a good chance you'll leave the company. Quit, pink slip, another exciting job offer, don't like your co-workers, lots of different reasons.

Originally Posted By: Stan
Am talking about those who try to impersonate God and the Holy Spirit, and convict people of their sins. Too often even the local church is not good enough for them, they don't return the Lord's tithe, yet proclaim themselves to be Adventist and are full of all wisdom and knowledge.

They leave victims all over the place.

That just sounds like some really bad people who don't know the Lord. I don't know that I would call that the right wing of the SDA church.

In fact, I know that I wouldn't.

This ^^^

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

I was scared that I was going to be the next person talked about for not being good enough. That was a BIG lesson I never forgot.

YOU'RE TOO WORLDLY !!

REPENT !!!

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

what they are peddling is not Adventism.

But it may be Christianity?

Matthew 25:34-36 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A reasonable point Planey! Goodwill, Salvation Army, the Gospel Missions, they don't peddle Adventism, but God bless their efforts at helping people and witnessing for Jesus.

They're work is not the work Seventh-day Adventists are called to do. Nor are the Gospel Missions on the payroll of the Church. Some are called to this or that ministry. Which is not always compatible with the kind of work the Adventist Church does (or the Salvation Army for that matter). May each of us find the area and method that is our calling.

Originally Posted By: RLH
what they are peddling is not Adventism.
But it may be Christianity?

For the sake of the argument, let's say that it is. But that's not what our tithe, and the SDA corporation is paying for. We don't need to pay ministers to preach generic christianity, or any aberrant form thereof. The world is full of that.

Why would we pay anybody to preach a Babylonian message? The very thing we were called out of. He wasn't fired from some generic christian church. He was fired by the SDA church, which has a very specific message. (Three Angels) Which is a very different message from generic christianity.

And I would also put forth that no mainstream Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, Moravian, or Pentecostal church would pay to have this message (Heterosexism is sin) preached from their pulpits either. In fact, they would have probably fired him a lot quicker than we did.

[ministers to preach generic christianity, or any aberrant form thereof. The world is full of that.

What exactly is generic Christianity?

Uh,,, I think I know this one,,, Methodists? Uh, Lutherans? Maybe,,, Baptists? All of them except MINE?

Seriously a friend of mine, an ex-Adventist, now attends a "generic" Church. No particular doctrine, lots of praise with uplifted hands, they work with the community to help folks as well. He's a real nice guy. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how he knows Adventist doctrine and can find peace in a "generic" Church. On occasion we talk doctrine, but for the most part, he's just as happy to NOT discuss any doctrinal points.

A.T. Jones left the Adventist Church, he too associated with a couple of different "generic" Churches.

Uh,,, I think I know this one,,, Methodists? Uh, Lutherans? Maybe,,, Baptists? All of them except MINE?

I find that to often Seventh-day Adventists are a bit afraid to tell it like it really is, lest they offend someone.

In Jesus' time He was a member of a Church, the Jewish religion. As apostate, backslidden and ignorant as that Church was at that time, what did Jesus tell the woman at the well?

"Salvation is of the Jews." In other words, salvation can only be found through the Church I go to, my Church (His Church at that time), which was the Jewish Nation Church. There were many connected with that Church that were not Jews. The "gentiles" had ALWAYS had access to salvation through the Jewish Nation Church of that time. Many of the "mixed multitude" who came out of Egypt accepted that Church as the one that carried the truth. And it DID carry the truth. In Jesus' time, gentiles also worshipped in the synagogue, the Church (in the outter court). They recognized that the Jewish Nation Church carried the one and only truth for that time.

Today? I tell seriously and solemly Emptycross, "Salvation is of the Seventh-day Adventist Church." THIS IS the chosen vessel of the Lord, just as the Jews were in their time. This IS the Church that carries the truth to a dieing world. If your a Baptist, love God with a pure heart AND HAVE NEVER heard the truth from or about Seventh-day Adventists, then you are sheep from another fold. Jesus has many such sheep, of another fold, they to will find salvation. But when the truth, this message that Seventh-day Adventist are comissioned by the Father to carry to a dieing world, when they hear this truth, they must "come out of her my people". IF they don't come out, they will die, there is no other salvation once you've heard the truth.

I realize this will offend some. When Jesus spoke like this, many left Him and He asked His disciples if they too would leave. The truth is a sharp sword and some will refuse to hear it.

I say this in a spirit of love and with humility because I have been commanded by the Captian of the Lords host to deliver this message to the world.

My friend, having heard the truth and for whatever reason, having rejected it, is like the fig tree that bears no fruit. It will be cut down. I love him, but I cannot save him.

"Salvation is of the Seventh-day Adventist Church."

THIS IS the chosen vessel of the Lord, just as the Jews were in their time.

IF they don't come out, they will die, there is no other salvation once you've heard the truth.

We have wa-a-a-y more in common with the RCC than I realised...

I don't hear too many other Protestant churches that make this claim, but the Catholics definitely do.

???

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Moderators

A reasonable point Planey! Goodwill, Salvation Army, the Gospel Missions, they don't peddle Adventism, but God bless their efforts at helping people and witnessing for Jesus.

They're work is not the work Seventh-day Adventists are called to do. Nor are the Gospel Missions on the payroll of the Church. Some are called to this or that ministry. Which is not always compatible with the kind of work the Adventist Church does (or the Salvation Army for that matter). May each of us find the area and method that is our calling.

I was thinking of giving an answer along those lines, but don't need to now, Thank you ClubV