ClubAdventist is back!

The Termination of Pastor Ryan Bell

Stan

• Administrators

Despite all the words expended here speculating about the truth of the matter, the real truth is still unknown and hidden. Not even close.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

I would praise God if our churches were filled with Gay people worshipping God. Jesus died for them, and all heaven rejoices when anyone turns their hearts to Him.

I don't think ryan bell made any error having gay people in his church. Unless he was supporting them in continuing a gay lifestyle as members. And this i do not know.

Can one worship God while in deliberate practice of non-compliance to His plain statements? IOW, if I'm a practicing serial rapist or murderer, does identifying myself as a child of the King by using His name, reveal the Truth, expecting all the others in the body of believers to bear with my lack until I'm better?

"Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said,

“I will dwell in them and walk among them;

And I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

“Therefore, come out from their midst and be separate,” says the Lord.

“And do not touch what is unclean;

And I will welcome you.

“And I will be a father to you,

And you shall be sons and daughters to Me,”

Says the Lord Almighty."2 Corinthians 6:16-18 NASB

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

Are you implying that you alone know the truth of the matter?

g

No, if I alone knew that wouldn't make any sense since I was not one of those involved. It is just that only a few people directly involved know and everybody who has posted here has shown no evidence that they were involved or that they do know. There is simply more to the story than has been made public. That is often the case in matters such as this.

But ignorance never seems to stop people from talking a lot about things they know nothing about.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

But ignorance never seems to stop people from talking a lot about things they know nothing about.

In fact it usually seems to encourage them.

There appears to be an inverse relationship between real knowledge and strongly held opinions.

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just before Bell was fired, the Hollywood church was referring to God as "mother". In the Feb. 22, 2013 bulletin, Ryan Bell quoted Anaïs Nin the French-born authoress most famous for her erotica, and Trisha quotes her approvingly in the “sermon.” Her other sources are Job, as interpreted by a Benedictine nun, Joan Chittister, and Lady Gaga, a pop star noted for raunchy lyrics, whom Famisaran cited as authority that God made gays gay.

And all this is called the moving of the Spirit.

Blasphemy.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

One part of the controversy:

How to get fired: a guide for the Adventist pastor:

(text and video)

http://advindicate.com/?p=3029

Olger, is that an article you wrote? (Lime Green Pants)

Neat.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Moderators

Quote:
He actually performed Lent, along with a catholic Eucharist mass.

Do you understand Catholic theology and what you just said?

According to Catholic theology the elements of wine and bread are actually transformed into the actual body and blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Catholic tradition is replete with stories in which the elements actually became flesh and blood in the mouth of the congregant.

Are you making the claim that Bell actually did any part of the above--claimed to actually transform the elements into the actual body and blood.?

Gregory

It appears that Hollywood Greg is from the same area as Bell, and thus is in a position to know more about the details of the saga.

`G

Originally Posted By: olger
Are you implying that you alone know the truth of the matter?

g

No, if I alone knew that wouldn't make any sense since I was not one of those involved. It is just that only a few people directly involved know and everybody who has posted here has shown no evidence that they were involved or that they do know. There is simply more to the story than has been made public. That is often the case in matters such as this.

Translation: People who weren't directly involved with the Bell saga don't know enough to be commenting on it.

You weren't involved with the Bell saga but you know enough to be commenting on it.

You have done an excellent job of picking your own pockets in this statement.

`G

I have often gone to Hollywood SDA.

Hollywood's Greg is not within 100 miles from the Hollywood Church.

There were good logical reasons for them to celebrate Lent.

What is PREFORMED LENT?

If he preformed a Eucharist Mass, it was not at the Hollywood SDA Church.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

I believe if a person carefully reads GM's comments, they will find him questioning as to whether anyone had first hand knowledge of the situation, in regards to all of the negative comments and assumptions and emphatic statements, certainly a legitimate comment!!

• Administrators

Translation: People who weren't directly involved with the Bell saga don't know enough to be commenting on it.

You weren't involved with the Bell saga but you know enough to be commenting on it.

`G

I have spoken with someone with direct specific knowledge of the circumstances and reason for his termination. From the comments posted here I can only conclude that nobody else here has that information.

• Moderators

Quote:
Then why don't you fill us in, Tom?

How much information do you think you need to have? Why?

NOTE: The term "fill us in" suggests to me that the request is for more than minimal information.

Yes, I believe that the SDA Church should operate with some openness. Yes, I believe that it is appropriate for some level of information to be given out.

But, the level of comments made on this issue remind me of people who are turned on by repeating undocumented gossip that cannot be checked out and is often factually deficient on its face.

Gregory

• Administrators

Consistent with your last sentence, not everything is meant to be made public. What I was told was in confidence. My intent is to try to stem the tide of gossip, not add to it.

Quote:

Not making a comment as to this subject, just wanted you to know that's an observation I've never heard before. I'll have to put that on file for future use.

God saves! Jesus cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

We must all know by now that all churches are man-made clubs, with many of them claiming that they, alone, possess the "truth". Those making the rules of the club have every right to ensure that the teachers and preachers who belong to their club adhere to its policies, procedures, and ideology. If our beliefs and practices no longer conform to those of the club's, then we should "man-up" and find another club to join, or start another one.

Mr. Bell and his proponents may make themselves out to be martyrs, but if he's receiving money from the SDA Club yet failing to meet their standards, he should take the responsibility of disengaging himself, rather than forcing the managers of the club to disenfranchise him. He can start his own club and live off the money that he collects from the members who join his new club.

Jesus did say that salvation comes from the Jews, but it's the descendents of Jacob who play an important role in this future event, as described in the book of Revelation.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

• Moderators

Quote:
. . . not everything is meant to be made public.

I agree. Openness has its limits. While the public should have some knowledge, that does not meant that the public should have all knowledge.

Gregory

Quote:

Not making a comment as to this subject, just wanted you to know that's an observation I've never heard before. I'll have to put that on file for future use.

God saves! Jesus cares! peace

I like it too! thumbsup

Mr. Bell and his proponents may make themselves out to be martyrs, but if he's receiving money from the SDA Club yet failing to meet their standards, he should take the responsibility of disengaging himself, rather than forcing the managers of the club to disenfranchise him. He can start his own club and live off the money that he collects from the members who join his new club.

I agree with that. :))