ClubAdventist is back!

"I may not be perfect as you are but I am me and I will not change...

skyblue888

Caption: "I am not perfect, may be not like you are, but I am me, and I will not change... Let me be what I am."

But can we say this to the Author of our days? The truth is that if we wish to remain as we are, then we are asking to stay in a lamentable condition, that is, "poor, wretched, blind, and naked." Revelation 3:17. The "faithful and true Witness" (Revelation 3:14) counsels us to buy of Him (without money) "gold" (the faith) "tried in the fire" (trials & temptations). In other words He offers us, through His all-sufficient merits, to unite His Spirit with ours that we may become ONE with Him for He is "the Author and Finisher" of "the faith which works by love," and which makes us strong and victorious in the midst of trials and temptations. (Hebrews 12:2; Galatians 5:6) At the same time He clothes us with His robe of righteousness, "white raiment," that the shame of our nakedness may not appear (Phil.3:9) and that our eyes may be anointed with the "eyesalve" that we may see, that is, that we may have spiritual discernment. (Revelation 3:18; 1 Cor.2:14). Then we may say, "By the grace of God I am what I am." 1 Cor.15:10. A new creation! "For old things have passed away and behold all things have become new." 2 Cor.5:17.

post-2383-140967460022_thumb.jpg

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

• Moderators
That is the extreme opposite of the position that one can achieved the perfection of Jesus here and now.