ClubAdventist is back!

Dr. Carson Banned from a Commencement Speech?

Quote:

There we go. Keep posting, You are evidence that Carson has hit his head and will go the way of Sarah Palin.

If you mean Dr Carson's willingness to tell the truth in the face of the so-called "wiser because they're higher on the political scale", I can see your MO resurfacing.

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

There we go. Keep posting, You are evidence that Carson has hit his head and will go the way of Sarah Palin.

Amazing isn't it? A successful black man causes so much scorn from the unsuccessful black community.

He certainly didn't follow the rules did he?

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Yep,telling the truth and succeeding is the death knell for a liberal.

As a mother I would have been pleased to have Dr Carson seen as a inspiration to my sons.

With the exception of my own mother,I can't imagine a more inspiring woman than Dr Carson's mother.

Odd isn't it,that there seems to be lacking a serious stated

objection to this man.

Only that he is an "Oreo" "Uncle Tom" and N*&^%$ for his success,the life he has led and those he has helped.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

• Moderators

A successful black man causes so much scorn from the unsuccessful black community.

Give me the names and quotes of those in the unsuccessful black community who are scorning him.

Why are you and other parts of the unsuccessful white community supporting him?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

If you mean Dr Carson's willingness to tell the truth in the face of the so-called "wiser because they're higher on the political scale", I can see your MO resurfacing.

God cares! peace

His telling the truth is a matter of opinion. My point is that his political approach is akin to Sarah Palin. He is not building on his experience and reputation but traveling down a read where he will be increasingly marginalized like Palin, Herman Cain et al. Tea party rhetoric leads to a dead end.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

As a mother I would have been pleased to have Dr Carson seen as a inspiration to my sons.

Carson is a great inspiration. My own sons have watched and read his story. Right now his elevation in Tea Party circles reflects a corresponding decline in his standing in the rest of America. The Tea Party playbook leads to a dead end, sadly.

Einstein

Originally Posted By: bonnie

A successful black man causes so much scorn from the unsuccessful black community.

Give me the names and quotes of those in the unsuccessful black community who are scorning him.

Ummm...who are you to say someone like Bonnie is an unsuccessful white person?

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

I thought that was funny.Most that do support men like Dr Carson do simply because of what appears to be the life he has led and the principals that guided him.Not because he is a "uncle Tom","Oreo" or N@##$@.

Ted, what some people may count as successful is only part of what I think true success is.

We have four sons that grew into amazing men,Christian SDA's

four wonderful DIL's ,12 healthy,happy christian grandchildren,and two beautiful g.granddaughters.

My sons never blamed anyone else for their failures or expected anyone else to remove the obstacles to success as they went along.

Originally Posted By: LifeHiscost

God cares! peace

His telling the truth is a matter of opinion. My point is that his political approach is akin to Sarah Palin. He is not building on his experience and reputation but traveling down a read where he will be increasingly marginalized like Palin, Herman Cain et al. Tea party rhetoric leads to a dead end.

Ah, you mean Mr. Carson is not catering to the nattering crowds, and telling them what they want to hear.

Sara and Herman were marginalized not by "TEA Party rhetoric", but by the liberal template about women and minorities which states that women and minorities CANNOT succeed in life WITHOUT the Lberal's help (in the form of favors and handouts).

Sara rose through Alaska's political jungle by her own skills, then took on the establishment of her own party - and won, with no help or handouts from liberals. Her husband - part Inuit Indian - committed the sins of building his successful fishing business without government assistance or nods to unions.

Those are the REAL reasons Sara was shot down - she does not fit "the Template" of the woman victim the Left caters too.

Herman Cain is, like Ben Carson, simply the "wrong kind of black", as the Left puts it. He simply succeeded in turning companies around, and became successful without the "need" for Affirmative Action, or other Lefty programs. He doesn't fit "the Template".

In fact, EVERY single minority who has become successful through their own efforts are BOOTED from participating within the Left's politics, because the Left is not interested in seeing minorities succeed - it is interested in keeping them poor, defenseless, angry, and under their control. That is "the Template".

People like Sara Palin, Ben Carson, Herman Cain, and Justice Clarence Thomas tell the story that women and minorities CAN make it, through determination, personal responsibility, and hard work.

In no way, shape, or form must these successes give hope to the controlled masses, to let them see they can break free of the poverty and misery, and to show them that "the MAN" that's keeping them down isn't a rich white conservative - it's the political Left.

The way I see it - Ben Carson is well-respected on the right for the character he IS, not because of the color of his skin. It's the political Left making the issue about his skin color, calling him "a traitor to his own kind".

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

The way I see it - Ben Carson is well-respected on the right for the character he IS, not because of the color of his skin. It's the political Left making the issue about his skin color, calling him "a traitor to his own kind".

Hmmm.... The only "kind" of man I see Ben Carson as is a good man. His skin color has nothing to do with character. It's amazing how the blacks in this country have forgotten Martin Luther King. He would be ostracized and marginalized today by both the political left and blacks for saying that the only thing that matters about a man is the content his character. They claim to be following in his footsteps, but in reality they are rejecting almost everything he really stood for.

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Hmmm.... The only "kind" of man I see Ben Carson as is a good man. His skin color has nothing to do with character. It's amazing how the blacks in this country have forgotten Martin Luther King. He would be ostracized and marginalized today by both the political left and blacks for saying that the only thing that matters about a man is the content his character. They claim to be following in his footsteps, but in reality they are rejecting almost everything he really stood for.

I believe the "content of his character" is being challenged along with the color of his skin."Uncle Tom and "Oreo" doesn't say much about his character that is positive.

I have yet to see a honest disagreement on what he said.He simply is behaving "out of character" and is not PC.

Because of what appears to be a lifelong ideology and that can be compared to the Tea Party,he must be ridiculed.

I don't envy him if he should decide to run or end up in a position of prominence. The liberals,white or black will do their best to destroy this man. Every word,every action will be magnified as negatively as it can.When that isn't enough it will be made up as it was that Romney "killed a man's wife"

I don't think anything should be taken away from the accomplishments of MLK,but I wonder if Ben Carson would be treated the same if it became known or even claimed without proof he plagiarized his prayer breakfast speech and was a serial womanizer?

• Moderators

Who is Bonnie to say Carson is being scorned by the unsuccessful black community. If there is criticism of Carson from the black community it is from successful people.

Einstein

• Moderators

Come on!!! Sarah Palin said some really dumb things.

Herman Cain is probably a serial groper.

Coupled with the fact that they have embraced the shrill, extremist tea party agenda. They end up going nowhere.

My challenge is Carson is not about race even tho' Bonnie wants to play the race card. He could have been more deft. He should talk to Condi Rice.

Quote:
Ah, you mean Mr. Carson is not catering to the nattering crowds, and telling them what they want to hear.

Unfortunately, he has given the Tea Party what it want to hear. He has pleased their nattering crowds. A man of his stature had an appeal that would cross political lines. He had the credibility to win over the most skeptical of liberal. A great man lost to the tea party machine. Hopefully he will get some good advice and recover himself.

Einstein

Who is Bonnie to say Carson is being scorned by the unsuccessful black community. If there is criticism of Carson from the black community it is from successful people.

When I refer to unsuccessful blacks,(white is as guilty),can you name me or show me anyone on welfare or singing the "poor me" blues that has come out and endorsed what he had to say?Anyone that thrives on the excuse of racism or poverty that would champion what Dr Carson stands for and has achieved?

Those of both that do see in this man a different and better way are not referring to him as Uncle Tom or Oreo

This is true of both white and black families.

How many gangland murders would there be in Chicago if more families followed the work ethic,moral standard and had the integrity that Dr.Carson's mother passed to her son?

How many of those on welfare would sustain their own lifestyle and take care of their own children?

• Moderators

When I refer to unsuccessful blacks,(white is as guilty),can you name me or show me anyone on welfare or singing the "poor me" blues that has come out and endorsed what he had to say?

Of the people who are poor, on welfare etc. that I know or have met they all have a high regard for Carson and what he has achieved in his life. You may know more people on welfare than me. I don't hear many welfare recipients quoted on the news. Your generalities are not based on any kind of real understanding of black people.

It's ok to stop placing the race card here. The thread is about students @ john Hopkins of which the majority are probably white and come from "successful" families. What's up with that?

Einstein

• Moderators

This is true of both white and black families.

How many gangland murders would there be in Chicago if more families followed the work ethic,moral standard and had the integrity that Dr.Carson's mother passed to her son?

This thread is about Ben Carson and students looking for another speaker. Why did these white students want him gone? I wonder how many welfare recipients are part of the student body. And its OK you don't have to try to balance things out by slipping in "this is true for black and white" we know who you are talking about.

Einstein

Of the people who are poor, on welfare etc. that I know or have met they all have a high regard for Carson and what he has achieved in his life. You may know more people on welfare than me. I don't hear many welfare recipients quoted on the news. Your generalities are not based on any kind of real understanding of black people.

It's ok to stop placing the race card here.

There are many decent people that have needed help at times.White and black,you will notice that I include whites as well.

I worked with many over the years on welfare.There is a stark contrast between those that think it is their right to live off others and those that don't.

Two unmarried young mother's in my neighborhood,both white by the way. One had the attitude of Dr Carsons mother and one the attitude of the Jessie Jackson crowd.Fairly equal circumstances,but the one still whining about the unfairness of life and what others won't give her has been standing still.

The failure did at least have her family willing to help when she became pregnant.The other found her bags packed and she was on her own. She has paid every dime of her own way. Worked at times three jobs to support herself and child and to put herself thru school.She has now graduated and her life shows great promise.

The other one still on welfare,convinced that she doesn't have a chance.

That is what I am referring to. Not the color of someone's skin,until people start climbing all over someone because of his skin color and he doesn't perform in the manner that is PC

This thread is about Ben Carson and students looking for another speaker. Why did these white students want him gone? I wonder how many welfare recipients are part of the student body. And its OK you don't have to try to balance things out by slipping in "this is true for black and white" we know who you are talking about.

The demonization of Ben Carson began with the prayer breakfast

and one statement disqualifies him to be speaker. I don't have to try to balance anything. The degrading of Ben Carson comes from the liberal side as you well know. Those of the black race embrace Jessie Jackson types cannot possibly endorse what Dr Carson said. Neither can liberal whites as it makes a lie of everything they hang their hat on

I am talking about white and black.Both are equal opportunity in playing the "poor me" card.

You still haven't answered anything of substance. Why is that.

Beginning with the prayer breakfast what was it that caused so much backlash against Dr Carson?

Hey Laz, would you liberals find Dr. Carson more acceptable if he lived the private life of MLK?

That type of behavior is a resume enhancement for liberals.Didn't hurt Jessie Jackson or Bill Clinton.That was no ones business but they sure were salivating over allegations against Herman Cain.

Have no doubt if Ben Carson continues to be vocal and stand by what he believes he will be trashed and I seriously doubt,white or black liberals would say "Ah,it doesn't matter,that is his private life"

And yes Laz,I meant both black and white

That's right. With Clinton it was a private matter, but with Herman Cain it was a witch hunt. Funny how the witches went away the second he decided not to run. They vanished into thin air.

• Moderators

Hey Laz, would you liberals find Dr. Carson more acceptable if he lived the private life of MLK?

We know tea party folk don't care about a politician's private life. See you've forgotten Herman Cain already. BTW, where did you read about Carson's private life. I hadn't seen that.

Einstein

• Moderators

You still haven't answered anything of substance. Why is that.

You haven't asked anything that requires an answer. Perhaps some rhetoric but questions no.

Einstein