ClubAdventist is back!

Dr. Carson Banned from a Commencement Speech?

We know tea party folk don't care about a politician's private life. See you've forgotten Herman Cain already. BTW, where did you read about Carson's private life. I hadn't seen that.

Anything concerning Herman Cain was allegations. Had it been proven that he was a serial womanizer I don't know of to many that would have supported him in anyway.

MLK and others had full support for their questionable and sordid lifestyles.

BTW, where did you read about Carson's private life. I hadn't seen that.

Pathetic try. Nothing was said about reading anything of Dr.Carsons private life and you know that.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

You haven't asked anything that requires an answer. Perhaps some rhetoric but questions no.

Why is Dr Carson called a Uncle Tom?

Why is he called an Oreo?

What was it that he said at the prayer breakfast that the putting down of Dr Carson began?

Where are the tolerant,diversity loving liberals coming out in his defense?

Not even in agreement with what he said,but denouncing the trashing of this man by those that profess so much.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Originally Posted By: Ted Oplinger

Ummm...who are you to say someone like Bonnie is an unsuccessful white person?

Who is Bonnie to say Carson is being scorned by the unsuccessful black community. If there is criticism of Carson from the black community it is from successful people.

That's what is happening, Laz. Instead of judging Bonnie, try refuting her argument by demonstrating the ghetto communities are rallying around Dr. Carson, with spokespeople all declaring what a fit role model he is for the black community. Wouldn't you think that to be the better tactic?

Upon finding such a lack of evidence of support, and upon finding what the black communities have been TOLD to believe Dr. Carson, you'd then find she was right.

Carry on,

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Come on!!! Sarah Palin said some really dumb things.

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Herman Cain is probably a serial groper.

Lazurus,

Can you please tell me what Dr Carson should have tailored in his remarks? What was so offensive that it warrants all the colorful names?

• Administrators

Ummm...who are you to say someone like Bonnie is an unsuccessful white person?

Who is Bonnie to say Carson is being scorned by the unsuccessful black community. If there is criticism of Carson from the black community it is from successful people.

Case in point - http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/26/opinion/tucker-ben-carson

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

And this erases all the other comments?

This is not true..

After Hannity pushed back, Terrell said, “This guy has equated homosexuality to bestiality. He has made a huge mistake.”

Before Sean Hannity there were many very descriptive definitions of Dr Carson

Civil Rights Attorney Calls Ben Carson 'A Puppet of Sean Hannity' - 'You Created a Monster'

By Noel Sheppard | April 02, 2013 | 00:56

20 73 Reddit17 2

A A

Noel Sheppard's picture

Civil rights attorney and talk radio host Leo Terrell got into quite a heated exchange with Sean Hannity Monday evening.

During a segment about the double standard by which African-American conservatives and liberals are treated by the media, Terrell called Dr. Ben Carson Hannity's "puppet" telling his host, "You created a monster" (video follows with transcribed highlights and commentary):

After an introduction that included a statement by Dr. Carson, Hannity said, “There’s no freedom of speech for African-American conservatives in America.”

“No, that’s not true,” Terrell said. “Sean Hannity, you created a monster. Ben Carson, you’re a doctor. You’re not a politician.”

“This guy is a monster because you created him,” Terrell continued. “You created him. Ever since that Prayer Breakfast, Dr. Carson put his size twelve foot in his mouth because ever since that Prayer Breakfast, you have had him on.”

After Hannity pushed back, Terrell said, “This guy has equated homosexuality to bestiality. He has made a huge mistake.”

“You know what Sean,” he continued, “you have elevated this guy to fifteen minutes of fame, and he has ruined his name.”

Story Continues Below Ad ↓

After Hannity’s other guest, Niger Innis of TeaParty.net, put his two cents in, Terrell went on another tirade saying, “This guy is a puppet of Sean Hannity. Sean Hannity created this guy.”

This led Innis to say, “Leo, you should be ashamed of yourself.”

“I know what I’m talking about,” Terrell shouted as he took his sneaker off to show to the camera. “He put his foot in his mouth. He put his foot in his mouth.”

Then things really got heated when Terrell said, “You created Dr. Carson ever since February 15. All of a sudden he knows everything about politics. You created a monster. You created a guy who has fifteen minutes of fame. He’s out of time now. He has no more fame.”

Hannity said, “You’re friends with O.J. Simpson but you’re calling Dr. Carson a monster.”

With that, Terrell removed his earpiece and waved to the camera that he could no longer hear the discussion.

“Leo is a little bit of an intelligent tyrant,” observed Innis, “and arbiter of who should be on TV, who should not be on TV.”

Well, that’s one way of putting it.

• Members

Very good article

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Very good article

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/04/opinion/coates-he-wears-the-mask.html?_r=0

There are many articles out there and most are solidly against Dr Carson.

No one here seems to be able to articulate just what it was that set off so many people.

Last week, Carson came under attack for comparing advocates of same-sex marriage with advocates of bestiality and the North American Man/Boy Love Association.

This is reported over and over as fact and that is not what was said.

A great many people do believe that plural marriage and the rest is next on the agenda if gay marriage should pass.

And why shouldn't it.

As long as it doesn't harm your marriage personally,what right does anyone have to discriminate concerning those that say they love each other?

• Members

Originally Posted By: pkrause
Very good article

No one here seems to be able to articulate just what it was that set off so many people.

Yes it seems there are many opinions out there! On both sides, for and against. And just like the link says at the top "Opinion" and nothing else. I do believe that all are entitled to there opinions! As far as what sets people off, I don't think anyone can answer that. People are set off about anything, has been going on for years.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

Originally Posted By: pkrause
Very good article

If you don't get it by now, I really don't think I can explain it so you can. Seriously?!?!

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Quote:

If you don't get it by now, I really don't think I can explain it so you can. Seriously?!?!

Seriously,I didn't think you could or more likely would

We know tea party folk don't care about a politician's private life. See you've forgotten Herman Cain already.

What about Herman Cain? He admitted nothing, and nobody proved anything. AND, the accusers vanished into thin air the second he decided not to run, as I pointed out in my previous post.

Are you saying that being accused is the same thing as being guilty? It seems like you are the one who has forgotten.

What about Herman Cain? He admitted nothing, and nobody proved anything. AND, the accusers vanished into thin air the second he decided not to run, as I pointed out in my previous post.

Are you saying that being accused is the same thing as being guilty? It seems like you are the one who has forgotten.

I note in another thread a man was wrongly accused.It seemed as if he were guilty at first.Have noticed the entire thread is devoted to those that are now coming to his defense.If I remember the story, on the surface it seemed they had a lot more reason to believe this man guilty at first.

One of the main objections to Dr Carson's speech by dem media seems to be he actually had the gall to mention God,calling it inappropriate.Imagine that at a prayer breakfast and you can see why they are so upset with him.

Other than that everything he said was the total opposite of the president they so slavishly follow

• Moderators

... argument by demonstrating the ghetto communities are rallying around

The ghetto communities? I can see where your head is!!!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

The ghetto communities? I can see where your head is!!!

Still can't give an answer as to what upset so many about Dr Carson?

Other than the fact he is the polar opposite of President Obama what was it.

• Moderators

Judging? Bonnie is a serial "judger" but I guess you missed that. I suppose that comes with being part of the conservative club.

Quote:
The ghetto communities?

Is that a development where you live? Is that a designation that was used in white communities in the 1940's. What is that?

Who are the spokespeople for the black community? Are you a spokesperson for the white community? Is Newt Gingrich? Perhaps Rush Limbaugh is? How about Donald Trump?

What the black communities are told to believe???? Are you kidding? Time travel has been invented. Where do you get your notion of the "black communities" from?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

Still can't give an answer as to what upset so many about Dr Carson?

Other than the fact he is the polar opposite of President Obama what was it.

That's obvious, lady. It's his "politricks" that are the issue . What else would it be? Folks are stunned that a brain surgeon would fall into the tea party trap. Many people who know him are actually saddened.

Einstein

That's obvious, lady. It's his "politricks" that are the issue . What else would it be? Folks are stunned that a brain surgeon would fall into the tea party trap. Many people who know him are actually saddened.

How foolish can anyone be to believe that the Tea Party influenced the values and ideology of this man?

His mother,long before there was a Tea party influenced him. I believe that God has had much to do with this man as well,the God given talent he developed and used to the best of his ability.His faith in God,his integrity and work ethic was there long before a Tea Party.I am pretty sure the Tea Party didn't write his speech.How can anyone that know him be saddened? Reading on his life story,anyone knowing him would expect just what he said. Or maybe he "lied" in his speech and that isn't what he believes,is that what you are saying?

You are right,he is a Uncle Tom because he didn't follow the liberal party line.

Judging? Bonnie is a serial "judger" but I guess you missed that. I suppose that comes with being part of the conservative club.

• Moderators

MOst of the "dumb things" you would attribute to her were said ABOUT her, not by her. Then, there was that Tina Fey thing on SNL that most attribute to her, but was only SNL.

Glad you were able to refudiate that? You got that response from a blog somewhere right? You're attributing Palin quotes to Tina Fey? Borrowing from Karl rove...I think Tina Fey would at least finished her term.

Originally Posted By: lazarus

Says who? where's the evidence, Laz? Trial by media is no way to see justice done, Laz. I talked about that on another thread.

The conservative clubs sure has a lot of benefits. Defense of the indefensible.

Ben Carson should talk to Condi? Who is also shredded by the Left as the "wrong kind" to represent the black communities, because she served under the hated Bush? That is deft enough to win over liberals? Didn't work out so well for Condi, did it?

She would do well. She could easily refudiate her connections with Bush. I've met her. She's capable of being nuanced in her approach and she understand the sensibilities of both the black and white communities. She's smart enough to stear clear of Tea Party rhetoric

Before there was any connecting to the TEA party.

Carson had obviously already fallen into the Tea Party trap before the Breakfast speech.

Lets hope he can extricate himself.

Einstein

MOst of the "dumb things" you would attribute to her were said ABOUT her, not by her. Then, there was that Tina Fey thing on SNL that most attribute to her, but was only SNL.

Glad you were able to refudiate that? You got that response from a blog somewhere right? You're attributing Palin quotes to Tina Fey? Borrowing from Karl rove...I think Tina Fey would at least finished her term.

Ben Carson should talk to Condi? Who is also shredded by the Left as the "wrong kind" to represent the black communities, because she served under the hated Bush? That is deft enough to win over liberals? Didn't work out so well for Condi, did it?

She would do well. She could easily refudiate her connections with Bush. I've met her. She's capable of being nuanced in her approach and she understand the sensibilities of both the black and white communities. She's smart enough to stear clear of Tea Party rhetoric

I would love to hear just what that is and what the poster disagrees with and why

Carson had obviously already fallen into the Tea Party trap before the Breakfast speech.

Lets hope he can extricate himself.

I wonder how the Tea Party knew that at some point Dr Carson would be covered by the national media? Where do the remarks given by Dr Carson differ from his life's story? Typical liberal remark,say what we want to hear and we will welcome you. How would he go about extricating himself from his life story and experiences and remain an honest man?

It sounds like what is being said is that Dr Carson is a dishonest man,one certainly that doesn't know his own mind in any case, and wrote a speech that would please the Tea Party.

Perhaps the least intelligent remark I have read in this thread. Let's see some evidence of that. You are showing yourself to be long on accusation, speculation, and gossip, and extremely short on backing it up with evidence.

That does seem to be a problem. No one that objects to what Dr Carson said can be specific as to what generated so much hatred and condemnation. Must bite a little to see another living,breathing success story that did not follow the liberal line to get there,or use it as an excuse to go "nowhere"