ClubAdventist is back!

Dr. Carson Banned from a Commencement Speech?

• Moderators

#623803 thinking

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Welfare Statistics

Total number of Americans on welfare 4,300,000

Total number of Americans on food stamps 46,700,000

Total number of Americans on unemployment insurance 5,600,000

Percent of the US population on welfare 4.1 %

Total government spending on welfare annually (not including food stamps or unemployment) $131.9 billion

Welfare Demographics

Percent of recipients who are white 38.8 %

Percent of recipients who are black 39.8 %

Percent of recipients who are Hispanic 15.7 %

Percent of recipients who are Asian 2.4 %

Percent of recipients who are Other 3.3 %

I don't really care as to the color of the hand that is reaching for someone else's money.

Far to many of the above can do far more than they are to help themselves.

Take it as a racist comment if you choose.

Black or white,quit blaming everyone else for your economic status.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

So do you think Cosby was blaming whitey in the quotes I posted?

“To see people sitting down and then they there are others standing and cheering. I don’t think it’s difficult believe. I think that we have people sitting there who are as bad as the people who were against any kind of desegregation.”

It appears that he is yes.At least determining it is a racial issue for those not standing.

It also is just as likely that it is total disrespect for Obama the president.

That really doesn't have anything to do with his remarks that I posted. He was talking to the black young people and what they can and need to do to improve their situation.

"It's also interesting that this Republican Party is not the Republican Party of 1863, of Abraham Lincoln, abolitionists and slavery, is not good. I think it's important for us to look at the underlying part of it. What is the value of it? Is it that some people are angry because my people no longer want to work for free?"

This is way out in left field,regardless of who said it.

The ever growing welfare nation,more and more feel entitled is not solved by wanting anyone to work for free so we can continue to support them

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

• Moderators

Unfortunately, as we have seen Cosby does not fit the Conservative mold of what a black man should say and do. He has hash things to say about the GOP and white folks.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Unfortunately, as we have seen Cosby does not fit the Conservative mold of what a black man should say and do. He has hash things to say about the GOP and white folks.

The GOP and "white folks" are far from perfect. But Bill Cosby doesn't fit the mold of what a lot of black folks want to hear as well.

He seems more concerned with the behavior of the young black folks than most,including yourself.

Unlike Ben Carson,Bill Cosby can speak his mind as long as somewhere is something you like.Bill Cosby is a liberal but unlike many liberals he does show true concern for young black americans

The disdain for President Obama is not because he is black,but because he is a lousy failure as a president

• Moderators

He seems more concerned with the behavior of the young black folks than most,including yourself.

Unlike Ben Carson,Bill Cosby can speak his mind as long as somewhere is something you like.Bill Cosby is a liberal but unlike many liberals he does show true concern for young black americans

You have no idea what i say to black you people when I preach to them or interact with them.

How many times have you done funerals for black youngsters who have been shot dead? Have you ever worked in a level 1 trauma unit in an inner city? Have you ever been called to the ER at 2am to talk a young black man whose has seen his three friend shot in a drive by?

Einstein

You have no idea what i say to black you people when I preach to them or interact with them.

How many times have you done funerals for black youngsters who have been shot dead? Have you ever worked in a level 1 trauma unit in an inner city? Have you ever been called to the ER at 2am to talk a young black man whose has seen his three friend shot in a drive by?

No to all you have asked. However being present for what you describe is a little late.

No,I don't know what you tell young folks,black or white.I can only go by the tone you set here and the blame you lay everywhere except where it belongs.

Black is no more of an excuse to be murdering hundreds as in Chicago than it would be for whites.

It is no more of an excuse than any young white person has for their failures in life

• Moderators

No to all you have asked. However being present for what you describe is a little late.

I forgive you because you don't know what you are saying. Certainly, if these young men knew they were going to die they might have called me. The last funeral I did was last spring. There were over 500 teens there. He was a few weeks from graduation. He was shot and killed because he refused to do some "work" for someone. His family were members of my former church. I remember him being in our youth group. We got him early.

Quote:
No,I don't know what you tell young folks,black or white.I can only go by the tone you set here and the blame you lay everywhere except where it belongs.

You think this is real life. It's not. This is a message board and what I say here is to help you not to help black kids. I took my 12 year old son with on a visit to a family whose son had been shot and killed. The father showed us the bottom step where he cradled his son as he bled out. I wanted my so to see it and smell it not just watch TV about it.

You talk to me about tone. Really? Starting thread after negative thread, after negative thread, from what dark place does this come. Are you kidding?

Einstein

I forgive you because you don't know what you are saying. Certainly, if these young men knew they were going to die they might have called me. The last funeral I did was last spring. There were over 500 teens there. He was a few weeks from graduation. He was shot and killed because he refused to do some "work" for someone. His family were members of my former church. I remember him being in our youth group. We got him early.

This is a message board and what I say here is to help you not to help black kids.

How the heck do you really think you are helping anyone in this forum? Come o n now!!! You can't be serious. Like you said, this is a message board and nothing else. You aren't trying to help anyone. You are here to post your brand of propaganda.

• Members
How the heck do you really think you are helping anyone in this forum? Come o n now!!! You can't be serious. Like you said, this is a message board and nothing else. You aren't trying to help anyone. You are here to post your brand of propaganda.
There's to much propaganda from all sides

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Your tone of it is always someone else's fault. Founding fathers or racism or something. The behavior of these cowardly murdering little thugs,white or black begins with mom and dad.Then goes from there.

I challenge you to post one quote from me that indicates that.

Einstein

I challenge you to post one quote from me that indicates that.

I am not going to go back thru at the moment.But this topic is a typical response from you.

Dr.Carson is at fault for being called such "loving" names as he was not nuanced enough when he spoke.Or he was not being truthful and repeated only what the Tea Party indoctrinated him with.

Poor Christopher Dohner,had he been taken out with a drone white people would have cheered. He was a vicious murderer and in a secular framework got just what he deserved. Had a drone been involved the cheering would not have been because a black man was killed with a drone,but that someone behaving as a vicious animal was stopped from doing more harm

President Obama,disagreeing with what he does and what he is deliberately doing to this country can only be based on race,it certainly could not be his own doing.