ClubAdventist is back!

Thoughts on 2 Corinthians 9:11

Stan

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

2 Corinthians 9:11

You will be richly endowed for every sort of generosity, and

thus I shall be your agent in bringing much gratitude to God.

Wand

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

The entire chapter is about giving to God and the results of such giving. I believe what the apostle is preaching. Regardless how little you have, if you give more will be given to you. Of course there are two ways for you wealth to increase. One is that your income increases and the second is that your cost of living decreases. God is able to handle both of these.

It reminds me of a story of when I was studying at the Univeristy of Guadalajara. My student loan hadn't come through and I found myself in central Mexico with no money. My host family fed me twice a day but I didn't even have money for the bus so I had to walk an hour each morning to the univeristy and another hour back in the afternoon. I live just behind the Holiday Inn and in most of my spare time I would go out and talk with whoever I could find to practice my Spanish. One evening I was talking to some kids in front of the Holiday Inn that were selling roses. When they tried to sell me some I told them my sad story of how I was penniless and far from home. These kids felt so sorry for me that they took up a collection among themselves and tried to give me a few dollars. Of course I refused. How could I take money from kids that were perhaps living in plywood shacks with dirt floors? However later I thought that in not taking their money I may have denied them the blessing the Lord had for them. Surely the Lord had moved them to give me the money. The lesson I learned is that none is too poor to give. The Lord will provide.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

2 Corinthians 9:11-14 NLT 11 Yes, you will be enriched so that you can give even more generously. And when we take your gifts to those who need them, they will break out in thanksgiving to God. 12 So two good things will happen-the needs of the Christians in Jerusalem will be met, and they will joyfully express their thanksgiving to God. 13 You will be glorifying God through your generous gifts. For your generosity to them will prove that you are obedient to the Good News of Christ. 14 And they will pray for you with deep affection because of the wonderful grace of God shown through you.

What else is there to say? I do not always have money, but I always have something. Shelter, food, transportation. How could anyone miss out on a chance to have someone else give glory to Abba Father and praise His mighty name?

Whatever errand You would have Abba Father, show me, that I may do.

Clio

A heart where He alone has first place.