ClubAdventist is back!

Dr. Rich

wayfinder

Rich Humpal aka Dr. Rich, died this morning (4-5-13) from an apparent heart attack, during a treadmill stress test. He was zealous for God, and loved a good discussion. I will miss him very much.

I will miss him too. It's been a couple weeks since I had any e-mail contact with him. I had no idea it would be the last time, or I would have been nicer to him.

He and I went at it head to head from the time we met here at Club A. to the very end, I guess. With breaks in between, to share funny stuff. I remember one time I played my guitar for him a little bit through skype with the webcam and all. He really seemed to like that.

This is very sad news to me.

Looking forward to meeting him in Heaven where perhaps I can gain better understanding of him.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Rich Humple aka Dr. Rich, died this morning (4-5-13) from an apparent heart attack, during a treadmill stress test. He was zealous for God, and loved a good discussion. I will miss him very much.

Sorry to hear of his passing - and a pox on those "stress tests" that the cardiologists give where the "test" is of the form "if you die then you must have some sort of heart problem".

May we ask how old Dr Rich was?

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Administrators

Wow! What unexpected news! I am sorry to hear this. Thank you for passing the news along to us, Wayfinder.

One just never knows when one's breath will be the last :(

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

Wow, how sad to hear this Wayfinder. I had been thinking about him these passed few weeks, since I hadn't seen him posting for quite a while. Again sorry to hear this, I will keep his family in my prayers.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Thank you all, for your kind words. I know Dr. Rich could be..., well difficult at times, but there was no question about his love for God. I look forward to seeing him again in the near future. Rich also posted on topix, and a few comments on that forum have been downright evil, like "he will burn in hell". Someone actually started posting under his user name "rockroller" and the post stated that he had given up all the aberrant ideas and had joined again with those whom he once opposed. Wow! Those on this forum are quality people who love God and the people of God, even when they don't agree with them. You demonstrate that love and respect in your posts. May God bless all of you on this forum.

• Administrators

I only just now read about Dr Rich, and was saddened. We never know when our alloted time is up. My prayers go out to his family.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Dr. Rich and I had some pretty animated discussions. He lived here in Colorado for a while - the head of a huge bull elk he hunted hangs at Glacier View. I've missed him the past few months - saddened by his passing!