ClubAdventist is back!

The situation between the SDA and the SDARM?

Sojourner

So as your group cleanses away the wiccan influx, and as you partake of the Heathen Gods knowledge, do those God's personally communicate and maintain their knowledge and will to their followers? or is it your understanding of them through records of other peoples views, or study of history?

Absolutely the most personal relationship I have ever had. Not even comparable to what I had in my years as a Christian. I see their influence in my life on a daily basis in ways I can not even begin to describe. I am enriched and blessed to have their influence in my life.

Now please do not take that as a shot a Christianity. I have no doubt that there are many Christians that have that exact same relationship with your God. It just never happened for me as much as I longed for it, prayed for it and sought it.

Also I would like to point out that I am (for once) not taking a pot shot at wicca either. There are many wonderful Wiccans that I have had the great pleasure of talking with. Simply we want the Wiccan influence out because it is not a part of the tradition that has survived a very long time.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gregory Matthews

• M. T. Cross

• ClubV12

• debbym

• Administrators

Quote:
Absolutely the most personal relationship I have ever had. Not even comparable to what I had in my years as a Christian. I see their influence in my life on a daily basis in ways I can not even begin to describe. I am enriched and blessed to have their influence in my life.

Now please do not take that as a shot a Christianity. I have no doubt that there are many Christians that have that exact same relationship with your God. It just never happened for me as much as I longed for it, prayed for it and sought it.

Thank-you for sharing in such depth. I have really learned a lot.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

Thank-you for sharing in such depth. I have really learned a lot.

No problem

Apologies for derailing the thread as well bwink

• 3 years later...
Guest Merrilee McCain

I found this post and have a testimony to share. I came online to learn more myself about SDARMs and what they believe. I have been drawn into a group where we have relocated who are connected with I believe SDARM, although they do not call themselves that. We saw materials they had unawares let circulate at one of their camp meetings that connect them to the schism with SDARM written on them. They have formed their own group of believers within a small church outreach with other main denominational members in attendance split about 50/50, and they have attempted to take over the Sabbath School class and functions. They clash all the time with those who are not into all the reforms that they are espousing, and get speakers that are more reform minded, which drives away the others who sense that they are trying to preach at them. They whisper about the non conforming values of others in the church and mutter under their breath in public when others are speaking what they consider heresy.  I understand that they have tossed away non conforming desserts at the fellowship meals and tell visitors that they cannot bring vegetarian food. It must be vegan. What I have encountered is that they tend to steer clear of general mainstream adventist functions, including church, saying to us that it is better for churches to operate without pastors. When you mention supporting our churches schools with our offerings even though they may not be following everything they should to the T, they bristle. They do their best to steer others away from the denomination's schools and universities and local churches by their incessant criticism and subtle suggestions of being contaminated by the worldliness found therein. So there is definitely a tendency to indoctrinate others to think that they are spiritually unsafe in the mainline church. I can also confirm that there is also a tendency to tell people that it is a sin to wear any kind of neck ties, eat any food that contains added sugar or pressed oils, and eat 3 meals a day, for instance. They tend to set themselves up as a criterion for other individuals, pointing out their sinful dress, diet, etc., and also they will openly discount our publications in favor of their own or Vance Ferrell's, etc. making sure to draw attention to the doctrinal flaws that they see in them that they consider "ecumenical" or "too apologizing for our 3rd angel's messages." At times we see them reaching out to others with our books, but mainly they strive to use their own written materials or those published by independent groups such as Vance Ferrell, which is, while not being unbiblical, is unbalanced. They want to shock people and hit them over the head with the more strident of our doctrines concerning the beast and his image right up front. National Sunday Law, for instance is one such book.  I was originally attracted to these people because of their strong educational "Adventist blueprint" values and generous spirit. They are very involved in helping people who are disadvantaged, and they are very loving and kindhearted in many ways. But I have found that too close of an association with these people has challenged me to see how I have become more critical towards the church denomination in general and on the spiritually proud side. Friends in the church have told me that there is a desperate spirit of control that you must watch out for in some of these individuals. I can see that now, and believe that I need to be attending a different church where there is not this kind of spirit and ask the Lord to regenerate my heart and mind because I can see that I have had some of the same tendencies that are in them developing in me for being with them and reading their materials. We need to constantly look to Jesus who is the author and finisher of our faith and to reflect His love by supporting our church instead of circulating criticism about it's flaws. And while we need to be as strong as steel in our values and beliefs, we need to reflect a non-biased, non-prejudiced view of others inside of our church. We are all either retarding or helping the work by drawing together to get the work finished. We need to do it together!

• 1 year later...
On 4/14/2013 at 3:01 PM, LynnDel said:

I have friends who came from SDARM to SDA, and they tell me that, in general, they are rather rigid and critical about externals. They also do not celebrate Christmas or Easter.

LD

We shouldn't either!

Blessings!