ClubAdventist is back!

Theif Or Huricane

Dr. Shane

This past week the edge of a huricane swept by us. We knew for days that it was coming. We prepared by buying flashlight batteries, propane, food, water as well as boarding up the windows on our home and clearing the yard of anything that may blow around.

As I was preparing I thought of this passage, "But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that aught be written unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night." (1 Thess. 5:1,2)

Why did Paul write, "ye have no need that aught be written unto you"? Because for us He comes as a huricane. That is, we have a lot of warning. We are given time to prepare.

Do you know what? Even with all the warnings there are still people that fail to prepare for a huricane. Those foolish people are awaken in the middle of the night by their roof being blown off and rain pouring down on them. So will it be for those who fail to prepare for the coming of the Lord.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity