ClubAdventist is back!

John Bolton, proposed ambassador for the United Nations...

Neil D

I got this from sourcewatch. Is this man an Ambassador, or an abuser of power type? This man don't look good at'all.

[:"blue"]

What others say

[edit]

Carl Ford, Jr.

At a Senate Foreign Relations hearing into the appointment of John Bolton, Carl Ford, Jr., former assistant secretary of state for intelligence and research, described Bolton as a 'kiss-up, kick-down sort of guy' who abused analysts who disagreed with him.[21]

Bolton Scandals

[edit]

National Congressional Club

"As a young lawyer Bolton in 1978 Bolton helped Sen. Jesse Helms' National Congressional Club form Jefferson Marketing, Inc. 'as a vehicle to supply candidates with such services as advertising and direct mail without having to worry about the federal laws preventing PACs, like the Congressional Club, from contributing more than $5,000 per election to any one candidate's campaign committee' (Legal Times). He later defended the club against charges from the FEC that led to a $10,000 fine in 1986. As a reward for his service Sen. Helms 'helped the career of John Bolton' by supporting him for his Department of Justice and State positions (Legal Times)." [22] (http://www.practicalradical.com/ugly/johnbolton.html)

[edit]

Iran-Contra

"At the Justice Department, Bolton acted as the Department's 'no man' refusing to provide congressional committees documents on Supreme Court nominees William H. Rehnquist, Antonin Scalia and Anthony Kennedy. He also refused to provide information, including his personal notes regarding the Iran-Contra scandal, and aided congressional Republicans who attempted to stop investigations of Contra drug smuggling." [23] (http://www.practicalradical.com/ugly/johnbolton.html)

[edit]

Taiwangate

"The Taiwangate affair--which involves a $100 million secret Taiwan government slush fund that financed intelligence, propaganda, and influence activities within the United States and elsewhere--seems to be in the latter category ['fizzle'] at the moment. The beneficiaries of the lack of attention include three prominent Bush appointees at the State Department who, before joining the Bush administration, received money from this account. And one of these officials, John Bolton, the undersecretary of state for arms control and international security, submitted pro-Taiwan testimony to Congress in the 1990s without revealing he was a paid consultant to Taiwan. His work for Taiwan, it turns out, was financed by this slush fund." [24] (http://www.thenation.com/capitalgames/index.mhtml?bid=3&pid=46)

[edit]

Abolition of International Law

Bolton was instrumental in undermining international law, undermining the International Criminal Court (ICC), abrogating key international treaties, and scuttling attempts to implement important international agreements. Law is "only domestic law"; the remainder for Bolton is an issue of unhindered US power.

[edit]

Pushing the Iraq war

Bolton was one of the key cheerleaders for the US-led war in Iraq in 2003, and appeared often on CNN and Fox News making the case for the war. [/]

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Now I haven't decided on this issue. Maybe it doesn't really matter to me. However I think this is just the type of guy the President wants in the UN. The UN has been so corrupt these past years. Not only the oil-for-food scandel but many peacekeepers have been raping those they are to protect. Dictatorships like Cuba an

d Libya have gotten seats on the human-rights council. The organization has just become a joke. President Clinton had to go through NATO to go to war in Bosnia because he knew the UN would do nothing. So maybe President Bush figures we need a big-mouth abuser in the UN. I think so little of the UN that I really don't care. Bush can send his mom there for all I care.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity